F1 2019 General Discussion Thread

You could try the f1 2018 demo if you just want an f1 game, but probably is similar feel too to 2019.
If i remember, you can try in it most options and do a full f1 race.
I liked it enough to get it, did try with a g29 wheel set and a ps4 controller.
I did have to tinker with the ffb and sensitivity wheel settings to make it acceptable.

I went back to AC after messing around with the F12019 Demo. It's just so impressive as a driving experience. I think I'll wait to get ACC when it comes out for PS4. It seems that the Codies F1 series are still heavily oriented to the RPG aspect, which is fine, for those who are into that - it makes for a long complex gaming experience, but I'm more into pick up & race.

I went back to AC after messing around with the F12019 Demo. It's just so impressive as a driving experience. I think I'll wait to get ACC when it comes out for PS4. It seems that the Codies F1 series are still heavily oriented to the RPG aspect, which is fine, for those who are into that - it makes for a long complex gaming experience, but I'm more into pick up & race.
Championship mode or Single Race mode are your friend

Does anybody know why this title is still $59.99 on the PS Store?

It's $29,99 at GameStop.

Because the PSN Store is crap. GTA V was still $59.99 up until about a year ago.

Too bad
You both missed the sale of F1 2019 on PSN two weeks ago when it was for $18

<a href="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/f1-2019-general-discussion-thread.386444/page-7#post-13087435">F1 2019 General Discussion Thread</a>

The legend edition is currently at $70, which is $10 less than on Amazon.

So am currently starting to play F1 2019 having not really looked at it much since it released last year.

My question today is to try and help me get the trophy for Join a League.

The part I don't understand is why it has to be a Public League since I want it to just be for my friends to race between ourselves and see which of us is best in F1 2019.

If I do create the League with it being public can I then change it to a private league after the trophy pops or would I be best making the public one first so I get the trophy can I then delete it and remake it as a private league and will my friends still get the trophy if they accept a private league invite?

Anyone able to answer the questions thanks in advance!

So I've been doing my practice for F1 2019 but I have a bit of a question, in the video replays of the game the sound audio of the cars and music seems quite faint, is it meant to be that way or is that possible the settings I have on my PS4.

I don't mind it being low but it does mean I have to turn the TV volume so wondered if anyone could advise how I check sound settings?

Well ive just reached Season 10 in my career (50% races)

Heres what happened :

Season 1 - Hamilton cruised to the title,i started at Renault and finished 9th.
Season 2 - Hamilton cruised to the title again,i finished worse in 11th.
Season 3 - Hamilton won a 3rd title,this time in a Racing Point! I came 12th - still no progress in the Renault!
Season 4 - Weber won the title after taking Hamilton's place at Mercedes - i also moved to Mercedes and came 3rd!
Season 5 - I WON my first title at Mercedes! Beating my TM Weber to it...
Season 6 - I moved to Red Bull,but Weber won me by ONE POINT to the title in his Mercedes!
Season 7 - I moved to Ferrari and WON the title,fending off Weber by only 13 points!
Season 8 - My best season - i managed to WIN the title against all odds in a McLAREN! With Verstappen in the Ferrari only 5 points behind!
Season 9 - I went back to Red Bull as i had unfinished business there,and i WON the title,again battling off Verstappen!
Season 10 - Ive gone back to Renault where i started...and with Hamilton going back to Mercedes and Weber taking my seat at Red Bull,it could be an interesting final season!!

This is by far and away the most fun career ive had in any racing game ever...i just hope F1 2020 will be just as good!

The main surprising thing was the demise of Hamilton,after winning Season 3 in the Racing Point,he stayed there every season,but got worse and worse with his TM Perez always outscoring him! He came 14th in Season 9 with just 22 points....Very strange...

I'm currently in season 3, but I think I may have broken the career mode... I joined McLaren from the start and had to do R&D work to make the car competitive. By the end of season 1, the gap between McLaren and Mercedes meant I was having some great battles with Hamilton. I won some races but Hamilton had already sealed the title with early domination and great consistency.

In season 2 things went wrong, because a lot of teams dropped performance due to rule changes, whilst I ensured performance was maintained and McLaren was the best car. It has been a cruise since then, with McLaren taking every single win! Leclerc and Norris swapped seats at the end of Season 1 and I have had some incredible battles with Leclerc, but the rest are quite far behind...

At the end of season 3, I am going to join another team (probably Renault) to see if I can make it competitive again. I think initially McLaren will keep winning and I hope they don't carry on developing the car (I haven't developed it for a while) so I and the other teams can catch up. Alongside my over-development of the car, there are 2 big issues I have within the career to navigate.

Firstly, I have found that you should NEVER accelerate time in qualifying. The simulated times are way too fast, anywhere between 1 or 2 seconds faster than normal. I kept setting a time good enough for pole, but then being knocked out early after accelerating the rest of the session.

Secondly, no one ever tries to make it through Q2 with medium tyres... As I say, the McLaren is the dominant car, but there are a few who could make it through Q2 with mediums if they chose to. The AI NEVER do it though, which can bring about a huge advantage in the race when you only have to do a one stop strategy. It is best to just follow everyone else and qualify on the soft tyres to be on a level playing field...

But apart from that, all is well and I am still enjoying the game!

I'm currently in season 3, but I think I may have broken the career mode... I joined McLaren from the start and had to do R&D work to make the car competitive. By the end of season 1, the gap between McLaren and Mercedes meant I was having some great battles with Hamilton. I won some races but Hamilton had already sealed the title with early domination and great consistency.

In season 2 things went wrong, because a lot of teams dropped performance due to rule changes, whilst I ensured performance was maintained and McLaren was the best car. It has been a cruise since then, with McLaren taking every single win! Leclerc and Norris swapped seats at the end of Season 1 and I have had some incredible battles with Leclerc, but the rest are quite far behind...

At the end of season 3, I am going to join another team (probably Renault) to see if I can make it competitive again. I think initially McLaren will keep winning and I hope they don't carry on developing the car (I haven't developed it for a while) so I and the other teams can catch up. Alongside my over-development of the car, there are 2 big issues I have within the career to navigate.

Firstly, I have found that you should NEVER accelerate time in qualifying. The simulated times are way too fast, anywhere between 1 or 2 seconds faster than normal. I kept setting a time good enough for pole, but then being knocked out early after accelerating the rest of the session.

Secondly, no one ever tries to make it through Q2 with medium tyres... As I say, the McLaren is the dominant car, but there are a few who could make it through Q2 with mediums if they chose to. The AI NEVER do it though, which can bring about a huge advantage in the race when you only have to do a one stop strategy. It is best to just follow everyone else and qualify on the soft tyres to be on a level playing field...

But apart from that, all is well and I am still enjoying the game!

Have faith,after some seasons teams just plummet due to them not re-developing - it happened to Ferrari in mine,they dropped to the bottom and it took them a few seasons to recover. And yes,i have won a lot of races adopting the 1 stop strategy - starting on hards and then mediums if i qualified outside the top 10. Some of the AI strategies are really dumb,where theyve gone for a 2 stop with 2 sets of softs when its obvious that will be a disadvantage. On the whole though,i think the game and career works very well - id just like to see some things ironed out for 2020.

So I finally started the career with F1 2019 and am going to run it alongside my F1 2020 career.

I have a question about when you move teams in the game, does this pop the trophies for signing a contract with the teams if you move during a career event year etc as I presume it would since it doesn't specify it has to be done at the start of a career?

I'm in the McLaren team for Season 1 and sitting 7th on the grid after qualifying so I will see how my season progress starting tonight!

F1 2019 Legends Edition is £16 in the PSN summer sale.

From the few posts above, I'm guessing that's worth buying (haven't had a F1 game in years)?

What are the pros and cons of the game? Seems like it has a long but worthwhile career mode?

Also, what does the "Legends" add to the game?

F1 2019 Legends Edition is £16 in the PSN summer sale.

From the few posts above, I'm guessing that's worth buying (haven't had a F1 game in years)?

What are the pros and cons of the game? Seems like it has a long but worthwhile career mode?

Also, what does the "Legends" add to the game?
I would rather buy or save up for the F1 2020 edition of the game.

The My Team mode in 2020 plus all the other new things make it a much better game content wise, and the gameplay is great as it has been for some years now.

To compare, I have played (and enjoyed) far more hours in F1 2020 now, than I did for a whole year of the 2019 edition. And its only been out for a little less then 3 weeks. :lol:

Is it not possible to set up the car in Time Trial? Super weird if so (I have not found a way). Settings for the controller can only do so much and I’m tired of the wobbling. I want to adjust toe and such to make the car go straight.

Just a reminder that the sale price ends midnight Tuesday (tomorrow), if anyone wishes to pick it up.

I've acquired the Legends edition, although I also acquired Ride 3 and Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition for the full DLC (which means restarting career and special events :crazy:).

Not sure when I'll ever get round to playing all this stuff though, my backlog is infinite :lol:

Well, driving with a wheel makes a huge difference. After playing time trial a few hours on the same track with the controller, I did 1:27.6 best time at Melbourne. After mounting a wheel, starting up the game on pc for the first time and running a couple of laps on the same track I did 1:25.9.
I guess some people can be fast and consistent with a controller, but I've found I can't.

Last edited:
Wait for another F1 2020 sale. No joke. 💡

If you don't wanna wait, get 2019 edition.
I couldn"t find is there any of classic tracks included ?? Or just cars??? Because i prefer old school racing. Last good F1 i"ve played was 2013 edition

I couldn"t find is there any of classic tracks included ?? Or just cars??? Because i prefer old school racing. Last good F1 i"ve played was 2013 edition
There are not any "classic" tracks.

The current F1 games have their respective years licensed tracks in-game.

However, F1 2019 have more, older classic cars to race with compared to 2020. Though F1 2020 have more, newer classics. F1 2020 also have the newly added tracks like Zandvoort and Hanoi.

Last edited:
There are not any "classic" tracks.

The current F1 games have their respective years licensed tracks in-game.

However, F1 2019 have more, older classic cars to race with compared to 2020. Though F1 2020 have more, newer classics. F1 2020 also have the newly added tracks like Zandvoort and Hanoi.
Thanx. So F1 2019 would be good choise for this sale ...

Also if you are buying it with the intention of playing through a career campaign, F1 2019 features driver transfers. It makes it A LOT more realistic rather than just you moving to which ever team you like alongside one of the existing drivers...

Hey guys, i have f1 2018 and i saw 2019 is like 8$ on psn ps4 now, so i tried it's demo and i like the little improvements in it.
Only thing is, same as in 18, the mfd and voice commands menu in race and in pits, are in real time even in singleplayer.

And i find it would be so easier if you could pause or super slowmo when fiddling with these.
U dont have much time in race to fiddle around, and in pits you cant even use it.

Anyone know if in 20 or 21 they added this as an option?
Edit: or ideally if there is a way in 18 and 19 to do this?

Last edited:
Hey guys, i have f1 2018 and i saw 2019 is like 8$ on psn ps4 now, so i tried it's demo and i like the little improvements in it.
Only thing is, same as in 18, the mfd and voice commands menu in race and in pits, are in real time even in singleplayer.

And i find it would be so easier if you could pause or super slowmo when fiddling with these.
U dont have much time in race to fiddle around, and in pits you cant even use it.

Anyone know if in 20 or 21 they added this as an option?
Edit: or ideally if there is a way in 18 and 19 to do this?
I don't believe they have made in changes to it. It also really doesn't help that if they offer a strategy change, it usually happens right before a bunch of consecutive corners, and then they only give you a few seconds to reply. Just bad programming. . .

I don't believe they have made in changes to it. It also really doesn't help that if they offer a strategy change, it usually happens right before a bunch of consecutive corners, and then they only give you a few seconds to reply. Just bad programming. . .
I see, too bad. Yeah i mean maybe I'm not the fastest puppy/thinker/multitasking around ever, but jeez, especially modern f1, you don't exactly have time to sip a coffee while waiting for the next corner, let alone fiddle around in 10 different menus.

Seems it be so reasonable to just let you at least tinker with that while the game guides you in the pits at least.
You end up wasting your race each time there's changes to make.

On a side note, the ps store app, and even site itself, have a pretty silly bad design too.

I was looking to add f1 2019 to my basket, but since i got the demo, which is the full game download really, it just says download when i look up the game, and cant add it or buy it lol.

Edit: if i select the game in the store site, it directs me to the app anyways, so same problem.

So only way is thru my ps4 directly it seems.
Really bad for them too even, if you're away from home or your console isn't available to use for that at that time for any reason, you cant buy the game.
Also if you add an item pre-order on your wishlist, when the game itself is released, you cant delete the preorder on it and put the game itself.

Anyways, i diverge.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hope its ok to double post a little , just got or unlocked f1 2019 now, wowie! , the showroom models are so damn nice, just seeing now the old lotus 72. Wish they had the 66,67 too. 50s even.
Edit: i looked around the career and pre-determined and custom championships a little.

It seems all the testing and objectives are in career only, and that is only for the most modern f1.
Too bad you cant do all these with older cars too. I mean you can do championships in older cars and f2 but there's no testing, objectives etc like in career it seems.
Edit2: good grief, i just tried bahrain qualifications in eve with all lights, woo, goddamn it looks nice and all clean and smooth, even on my std ps4 woo hehe.
👍 to codemasters, and thank you, well appreciated, all is so pleasant and nice.

Last edited:
Back