F1 2019 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2019' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

After every race, there will be an option screen where you can customize the next event/race before actually loading it fully.

LumpiestFish, bleeder and Rosinbag1 like this.
  2. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

So in my career Hamilton has won the first two seasons,but at the end of season 2 Racing Point became the top developed car and Perez looked to be challenging for the title on season 3...so where does Hamilton move to? Thats right....racing point!

So season 3 is looking like an epic battle between him and Perez for the title - they are so far ahead of everyone else.

At Renault iam currently the 3rd worst developed team - and battling for 8th,9th,10th place every race - but im enjoying it! I just cant see me ever challenging for the title in this game...

3. Michelin

Michelin Premium

I took this great photo yesterday, want to share with everyone here:
    F1® 2019_20190927224425.jpg

4. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

In career,if all the teams 'max out' on the development chart - do they all go back to the original performance?? (eg Mercedes fastest)

5. JR98

JR98 Premium

I think that would just make all the cars equal

6. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

It doesnt seem to be that way...in mine Racing Point are maxed out but Mercedes are nearly there now and are performing much better that RP....so it looks after 3 or 4 seasons the top teams are back to the top and the other teams will never have a chance again?!

7. Blob_91

Blob_91

Couldn't this be due to the level of the drivers. I assume that also plays a part in the performance

JR98 likes this.
  8. JR98

JR98 Premium

Like @Blob_91 says it could also be the drivers that are signed for each team and your AI difficulty as well as possibly to what upgrades that team has focused on.

9. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Some fun lappery for this weekend's Mexico race!

Rosinbag1 likes this.
  10. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Hey guys, just noticed the previous f1 games are on sale in N.A. on psn. F1 2018 is 80% off and f1 2017 85% off, etc.
    Pretty good deals, i think ill get F1 2018 for 15.99$ cad. I didn't like as much the 2019 demo, like the tire scrubbing sound etc, and I'm not much into online and not such a big F1 fan, but i like the F1 2018 demo so this will suit me fine i think.
    Cheers.

11. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Really got back into this over the past few weeks. I truly think this is one of, if not thee, greatest motorsport based racing game of all time. Everything just feels right with it. The cars handle convincingly, the graphics (on PS4 pro at least) are beautiful, the sounds are spot on.

But the 2 things that really take it to the next level and beyond for me, the career mode and the racing itself. I love that the car development and stuff is deep enough to make a difference to how you play, but I also love that you don’t have to do every practice session, you can simulate them without penalty and still earn resource points. So I can run 1 or 2 programmes in FP1 then simulate P2 and P3 then head to qualifying and race. It helps speed up progress through the career mode to a point where your still involved and invested in it but you don’t start losing interest halfway through season 1 like I used to with the older F1 games. And even basic things like stat tracking through the multiple seasons just adds an element of desire to the career mode play through.

And then the racing is just sublime. You can feel the work that has gone into the AI to make them racey without being overly aggressive and with the slider based difficulty scale it means you can fine tune it perfectly to your own ability which again keeps it entertaining and flowing through the play through.

Love it.

Slapped, SpaceMaN47y0 and Rosinbag1 like this.
  12. Rosinbag1

Rosinbag1

agree as am enjoying this version better than previous. Need to spend more time on career mode as I never completed ones on the past as got bored with them.

MagpieRacer likes this.
  13. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

I enjoy career mode immensely. Got a couple wins in my first season but well off a championship run. I still use assists and am grateful for it, I like it to be fun over frustrating. Honestly though I have the most fun in the F2 championship. I won 2018 as Nicholas Latifi, so am trying to repeat as 2019 champ.

MagpieRacer and Rosinbag1 like this.
  14. Magdelayna

Magdelayna

I moved to Mercedes half way through Season 4 - joining Weber as TM,who is well on his way to win it after Hamilton has won the first 3 seasons,the third with Racing Point.

I won my first ever race at Belgium after there was a 5 car pile-up on the part before Eu Rouge,all 5 retired - and guess what,there was no safety car.

Im really enjoying the career though,lets hope i can challenge for the title in season 5.

SpaceMaN47y0 likes this.
  15. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

Just finished my first season, with Haas. A 10th at Abu Dhabi dropped me from 4th to 5th in the standings. Staying with Haas for now, a lot of movement otherwise. Leclerc joined Verstappen at Red Bull, leaving Ferrari to sign Magnussen and Stroll. Vettel is with Racing Point now. Grosjean got the boot and now Weber is my teammate. I upped the difficulty a little for season 2. I had 5 wins first go round, here's hoping more consistency pays off.

MagpieRacer likes this.
  16. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Started a career with Ferrari alongside Leclerc. Won the drivers and constructors championship after an intense battle with Leclerc and Devon and a tough development battle against Mercedes. Won 8 GP with 11 poles through the season and it still all went down to Brazil with a podium being good enough to take the crown.

Season 2 has started tricky. Beaten by Leclerc and Hamilton at Melbourne before winning Bahrain, took 2nd behind Verstappen at a rain affected China before a poor 9th at my 3rd worst track on the calendar. Sitting 3rd in the championship.

S2 saw Bottas back after missing S1 signing with Renault and Vettel who made way for me at Ferrari returns with Alfa Romeo. Hulkenberg went to Toro Rosso with Kvyat going to Haas, Räikkönen to racing point and Magnusson leaving the grid with Stroll.