F1 2020 General Discussion Thread

I have to say this is the first time I have seen that happen, all of the previous F1 games were available to buy on the store (and on sale many times - I know because this is when I bought them) so it's a surprise to see they've now removed F1 2015/16/17/18/19.

Checked and it seems the reason for the removal is EA will not pay F1 for renewal of the old licenses like Codemasters were doing yearly so the only way to get those games now is through retail stores if they have used/new copies left!

This policy change appears to have only happened this year in February.
Yeah that makes sense.

EA dont pay for more then they have too. cough Never have cough

I have to say this is the first time I have seen that happen, all of the previous F1 games were available to buy on the store (and on sale many times - I know because this is when I bought them) so it's a surprise to see they've now removed F1 2015/16/17/18/19.

Checked and it seems the reason for the removal is EA will not pay F1 for renewal of the old licenses like Codemasters were doing yearly so the only way to get those games now is through retail stores if they have used/new copies left!

This policy change appears to have only happened this year in February.
I did not know this. I was checking out eBay the prices are all over the place. I may just have to keep an eye on prices maybe check gametsop and gamefly as well
Edit: I went on Gamestop and a used F1 2020 was actually more expensive then a new copy of F1 2021 24.99 vs 19.99 Crazy! I saw it for 9.99 on Gamefly but it wasn't available

Last edited:
I have a question: I started to play F1 2020 after a long while and I tried to access the Shumacher cars. It takes me to PS Store where I can read about them but can't purchase them. I haven't previously downloaded them so I have never had access to them. Is this related to licensing as stated before?
I guess I have missed the boat as I fancied me some mid 90's action but there that goes.....

I have a question: I started to play F1 2020 after a long while and I tried to access the Shumacher cars. It takes me to PS Store where I can read about them but can't purchase them. I haven't previously downloaded them so I have never had access to them. Is this related to licensing as stated before?
I guess I have missed the boat as I fancied me some mid 90's action but there that goes.....
I thought they were only available on the Michael Schumacher edition of the game but don't quote me on that as it's too far back to remember. But they were the main reason I purchased that edition of the game.

On a side note I reinstalled F1 2020 a couple of weeks back but once I tried the game using the Fanatec recommended settings I had for F1 22 but I had far too much steering rotation on my CSL DD. Turns out F1 2020 does not recognize the 2520 SEN setting as 360 DOR for F1 2020. F1 2020 recognizes 2520 as a true 2520 DOR. Once I went into the wheel settings and changed it back down to 360 the game performs just like it did back in the day, and I get to drive those Schumacher cars :cool:

I thought they were only available on the Michael Schumacher edition of the game but don't quote me on that as it's too far back to remember. But they were the main reason I purchased that edition of the game.

On a side note I reinstalled F1 2020 a couple of weeks back but once I tried the game using the Fanatec recommended settings I had for F1 22 but I had far too much steering rotation on my CSL DD. Turns out F1 2020 does not recognize the 2520 SEN setting as 360 DOR for F1 2020. F1 2020 recognizes 2520 as a true 2520 DOR. Once I went into the wheel settings and changed it back down to 360 the game performs just like it did back in the day, and I get to drive those Schumacher cars :cool:
I should have stated it was the Schumacher edition, purchased 2nd hand, and that the code was already used by the previous owner. I thought that as it took me to the PS Store it would be possible to buy it.

Ah well.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I should have stated it was the Schumacher edition, purchased 2nd hand, and that the code was already used by the previous owner. I thought that as it took me to the PS Store it would be possible to buy it.

Ah well.

Thanks anyway.
Yeah that's a shame. After I got the wheel situation figured out I took the Ferrari F2004 around Silverstone for several laps. It's so nice to drive.

Back