F1 2021 General Discussion Thread

Silver_Wolf

Nice! Let's do it again when you level up!
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
So as I made the general discussion thread for F1 2020 I have decided to do the same for F1 2021 following the games reveal announcement earlier today.

I am still to make a decision as to if I will purchase this years game as I do not feel there are enough significant chanp ges to warrant purchase at launch but the new features sound very good particularly like the fact they finally added 2 players able to do the career as mates or 'rivals'.

The quality of life improvements also sound good along with the career story plus the fact that you can build a championship from the real season points etc, will be interested to see how that works in the game when I acquire it.

Please feel free to make any general discussion about the game here!

There are two versions of F1 2021:

Standard Edition:

Every story has a beginning in F1® 2021, the official videogame of the 2021 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. Enjoy the stunning new features of F1® 2021, including the thrilling story experience ‘Braking Point’, two-player Career, and get even closer to the grid with ‘Real-Season Start’.

• The entire F1® 2021 game

• Braking Point Content Pack

• Celebrate the release of F1® 2021 with exclusive in-game items inspired by the fictional stars of the new ‘Braking Point’ story experience. Equip them to race as Devon Butler, Aiden Jackson, and Casper Akkerman:

• Character avatar | Car livery | Suit | Gloves | Helmet | Victory radio voices

• 5,000 PitCoin virtual currency to spend in-game

Deluxe Edition: (Digital Only)

Every story has a beginning in F1® 2021, the official videogame of the 2021 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™. Enjoy the stunning new features of F1® 2021, including the thrilling story experience ‘Braking Point’, two-player Career, and get even closer to the grid with ‘Real-Season Start’.

• The entire F1® 2021 game

• My Team Icons Pack

• Seven iconic drivers to enhance your ‘My Team’ game experience

• Michael Schumacher
    Ayrton Senna
    Nico Rosberg
    Jenson Button
    David Coulthard
    Felipe Massa
    Alain Prost
• Exclusive in-game customisation items:

• Car livery | Suit | Gloves | Helmet | Victory radio call

• Braking Point Content Pack

• Celebrate the release of F1® 2021 with exclusive in-game items inspired by the fictional stars of the new ‘Braking Point’ story experience. Equip them to race as Devon Butler, Aiden Jackson, and Casper Akkerman:

• Character avatar | Car livery | Suit | Gloves | Helmet | Victory radio voices

• 18,000 PitCoin virtual currency to spend in-game

The game will be released on 16 July 2021

Last edited:
I can't wait to see what the game will look like on the next gen consoles... I hope the use the power to the fullest..
1. Hardcore sim. physics
2. Add more car series(F3....)
3. Extra tracks

I'm interested in what the track list will be. We know there wasn't time to fit any of the rearranged races into last year's game. But will we see Imola and Algarve, for example, in 2021?

I'm interested in what the track list will be. We know there wasn't time to fit any of the rearranged races into last year's game. But will we see Imola and Algarve, for example, in 2021?

Yes but not at launch sadly. Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will be added after release.

I wonder if the game will have the 2020 calendar on launch until the new tracks can be patched in. Either that or it will just feature a shorter calendar minus the new tracks that require the extra time to build. Be curious to know if you start the career mode will it will automatically add the rest of the tracks post patch as you progress without having to start a new career.

Excited to see how the game looks running on next gen but keeping my expectations low, guess that way if it’s not a drastic jump forward in visuals then I’m not too disappointed

I feel like Codemasters are holding back on a few more features and details to keep the hype levels up as we progress through the next 3 months towards the games release. Plus find it a little suspicious there’s been no mentions of any classic cars or content (minus the mention of the classic drivers in the deluxe version), surely there must be a few more tricks up their sleeve to build up marketing hype for the game in the coming weeks and months.

I wonder if the game will have the 2020 calendar on launch until the new tracks can be patched in. Either that or it will just feature a shorter calendar minus the new tracks that require the extra time to build. Be curious to know if you start the career mode will it will automatically add the rest of the tracks post patch as you progress without having to start a new career.

Excited to see how the game looks running on next gen but keeping my expectations low, guess that way if it’s not a drastic jump forward in visuals then I’m not too disappointed

I feel like Codemasters are holding back on a few more features and details to keep the hype levels up as we progress through the next 3 months towards the games release. Plus find it a little suspicious there’s been no mentions of any classic cars or content (minus the mention of the classic drivers in the deluxe version), surely there must be a few more tricks up their sleeve to build up marketing hype for the game in the coming weeks and months.

Even if it had the 2020 season it wouldn't make much odds. If it has the same list as F1 2020 or they simulate the actual 2020 season its gonna be missing tracks and relevant 2021 content either way.

Yes but not at launch sadly. Imola, Portimao and Jeddah will be added after release.

This is one reason I will likely wait for this update to happen before I consider purchasing F1 2021, at least the tracks are being added so it's good we will be able to complete the full calendar once the update releases.

One of my main reasons for holding back is to actually see the released PS5 game and footage, I don't doubt it will be very high quality but the sound/graphics of the games over the past few years have always disappointed me slightly.

One of my main reasons for holding back is to actually see the released PS5 game and footage, I don't doubt it will be very high quality but the sound/graphics of the games over the past few years have always disappointed me slightly.
Given how hard it is to get any sort of high-end graphics card for PC right now (even harder than PS5, Xbox Series X) the console versions might be the beat/easiest place for now to get the full visual experience, raytracing etc.

I've got my Xbox Series X so I look forward to seeing how everything runs on that :)

Given how hard it is to get any sort of high-end graphics card for PC right now (even harder than PS5, Xbox Series X) the console versions might be the beat/easiest place for now to get the full visual experience, raytracing etc.

I've got my Xbox Series X so I look forward to seeing how everything runs on that :)

Yes I'm quite sure that's the case, I am sure the experience will be fantastic on PS5 but I always like to wait for some gameplay footage before I fully commit myself to these things.

Plus my PS5 controller had to be sent back to Sony through Repair & Replace service since the battery died so I have to await that coming back before I can play my PS5 again...

Would like to see improved damage model, better multiplayer, and more tracks. You could add Sepang and Turkey and build your own schedule. Korea, Valencia. Endless options.

Would like to see improved damage model, better multiplayer, and more tracks. You could add Sepang and Turkey and build your own schedule. Korea, Valencia. Endless options.

The main problem with the F1 series of games is the fact they are normally only allowed to use the 'licenced' tracks for the season so if it does not appear in the official season new tracks being added are realistically unlikely to happen.

Certainly the damage model/multiplayer side of it can definitely be worked on but we already have some major improvements coming this year with being able to do a multiplayer career with online friends in normal and My Team options so I think that will be a big development as far as this year's game goes.

Be interesting to see how the game next year goes with the new qualifying/sprint races being proposed for real F1 as I imagine this will change up what we can do in practice etc in the next game.

The main problem with the F1 series of games is the fact they are normally only allowed to use the 'licenced' tracks for the season so if it does not appear in the official season new tracks being added are realistically unlikely to happen.

Certainly the damage model/multiplayer side of it can definitely be worked on but we already have some major improvements coming this year with being able to do a multiplayer career with online friends in normal and My Team options so I think that will be a big development as far as this year's game goes.

Be interesting to see how the game next year goes with the new qualifying/sprint races being proposed for real F1 as I imagine this will change up what we can do in practice etc in the next game.

I mean honestly if that is not fixed then I'm not buying the game. Yeah the game is immersive and great but some of the stuff is just very poorly done.

I skipped last years game because I wanted to wait for the PS5 versions. Hope they take advantage of the power of the new consoles.

I skipped last years game because I wanted to wait for the PS5 versions. Hope they take advantage of the power of the new consoles.
Same here. I Hope to get the new console. Impossible.

Last edited:
I updated the opening with all the latest info we know on the game following yesterday's My Team Legends Driver Video that was revealed yesterday, if anyone spots any missing info on what we know about the game please tag me so I can update accordingly.

Still not swayed enough yet, I really want to see some footage of the PS5 game before I finally decide on this years installment.

Deluxe is digital only but the rest looks correct :)

I don’t suppose you know if the deluxe content will be able to be purchased separately later on? Much like the Senna and Prost/Schumacher edition content for 2019/2020. Many thanks

Edit: forgot to mention, are there plans to do some hot lap gameplay videos for the new game like last year in the build up to release?

Last edited:
Deluxe is digital only but the rest looks correct :)

Thanks, I updated that.

I don’t suppose you know if the deluxe content will be able to be purchased separately later on? Much like the Senna and Prost/Schumacher edition content for 2019/2020. Many thanks

Edit: forgot to mention, are there plans to do some hot lap gameplay videos for the new game like last year in the build up to release?

The previous games have allowed for the content to be purchased later as separate items so likely this will happen but it might cost slightly more than buying the digital edition so might be best to get that as will probably be the best price all round.

I personally don't know, sorry.

Last year was a bit of an anomaly because the game was announced at the start of lockdown, the Virtual GPs were happening and there were no real-world races going on. In other words, a perfect storm of attention towards the game(s).

This year things aren't so hectic with the news, so I wouldn't expect pre-launch hotlaps. I'm sure there'll still be enough coverage of the game to get people excited though, still 2 months away afterall :)

The demo normally comes 'later', the demo for F1 2020 came in November 2020 so about 3 and a half months after launch, F1 2021 will likely follow the same approach.

Charles-Leclerc-Ferrari-Formel-1-GP-Monaco-23-Mai-2021-169RotationBrandtree-8822739e-1797045.jpg

The Race YouTube channel has just uploaded a video detailing a lot of new stuff from their hands on. Lots of interesting stuff regarding changes in career mode, love the look of the new in depth options for it like increasing safety cars and the like.

Really looking forward to the coop career mode. Gonna spend most of my time in F1 2021 there, along with My Team (and perhaps Breaking Point).

The new videos on YouTube yesterday look good so far. I’m tempted to pre order. It looks like there’s a 10% discount on the deluxe if I preorder by navigating through my F1 2019 PS4 menu, rather than going directly to the PS Store. However, it just says PS4 version when using the F1 2019 menu pre order . While in the PS store it says PS4/PS5.
I’d want to make sure I’m ordering a PS5 version.

The new videos on YouTube yesterday look good so far. I’m tempted to pre order. It looks like there’s a 10% discount on the deluxe if I preorder by navigating through my F1 2019 PS4 menu, rather than going directly to the PS Store. However, it just says PS4 version when using the F1 2019 menu pre order . While in the PS store it says PS4/PS5.
I’d want to make sure I’m ordering a PS5 version.

Yeah got a few more videos to catch up on but it does all look good.

Still can't get past the fact it won't it won't have the 2021 season at launch though so probably won't buy it until it does.

Latest Posts

Back