F1 22 - General Discussion

Silver_Wolf

Nice! Let's do it again when you level up!
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
Enter the new era of Formula 1® in EA SPORTS™ F1® 22, the official videogame of the 2022 FIA Formula One World Championship™. Take your seat for a new season as redesigned cars and overhauled rules redefine race day, test your skills around the new Miami International Autodrome, and get a taste of the glitz and glamor of Formula 1® in F1® Life.

Here’s all the info you need to know about F1® 22 ahead of the lights going out for worldwide release on July 1st, 2022, including how to get early access and special pre-order content!

Release Date:

F1® 22 will release July 1st, 2022

What’s New?

New Season, New Rules

Take your seat for the new era of F1® with the sport’s stunning new cars and a new handling model that recreates the intense wheel-to-wheel racing that’s had us on the edge of our seats so far in the 2022 Formula 1® season.

Plus, test your talent amongst the iconic Florida palm trees around the 19 challenging corners of the vibrant new Miami International Autodrome, and go flat out as F1® Sprint comes to the game for the first time in F1® 22.

Race Day, Redefined:

New race options in F1® 22 will give you more control over your virtual F1® race day, with the opportunity to choose between immersive and broadcast style Formation Laps, Safety Car periods, and Pit Stops.

F1® 22 also includes VR compatibility on PC via Oculus Rift and HTC Vive to give you the ultimate immersive F1® experience.

F1® Life

Get a taste of the glitz and glamor of Formula 1® in F1® Life, a new space for you to unlock and show off supercars, clothing, accessories, and more for the world to see.

Returning Features

My Team and Career Mode return in F1® 22 with fresh new features, along with two-player split screen, F2™, online multiplayer and all the features you know and love.

System Availability:

PC, Xbox, PlayStation and also can be bought through Steam and the Epic Games store.

Pre-Orders:

There are two versions of the game available for preorder currently and these are what you get for your pre-order:

Standard Edition:

Base Game

F1 22 New Era Content

F1 Life Starter Pack*

5,000 PitCoin

Champions Edition:

Base Game

3 Days Early Access

F1 22 New Era Content

F1 Life Starter Pack*

New My Team Icons

18,000 PitCoin

Trailer:

Miami Trailer:

NOTE: * is there because the Miami livery of this pack was only availble for Pre-Orders of the game up to May 16th.

So I've just made my pre-order for F1 22, I thought I had until today to get the Miami livery but it looks as though I missed the window by a day!

As ever this is the general discussion thread for F1 22 to discuss the game and it's features, please keep forum rules in mind and if you are posting content that you might think is a spoiler PLEASE use the spoiler tags.

Again if anyone thinks I have missed anything please let me know and I shall update the opening accordingly!

Last edited:
I really want to get this game but I am kind of tired of annual releases. I feel like I don't play enough to warrant getting it once a year so maybe I will just grab this and then not pick up a new F1 for awhile, or I'll just get EA Play subscription and play the old one every year.

I really want to get this game but I am kind of tired of annual releases. I feel like I don't play enough to warrant getting it once a year so maybe I will just grab this and then not pick up a new F1 for awhile, or I'll just get EA Play subscription and play the old one every year.
I get my F1 fix with F1 2018 and F1 2020. F1 2022 is going to be another disappointment.

Curious about F1 Life if not particularly excited.

Burned by the poor online features and stability this past year and haven't heard much that gives me confidence they're improving or even fixing this. (or even bothered!)

New cars, tracks and changes, cool but we expect this as a minimum.

Changes to handling don't make me jump out of my seat.

This is a wait and see for me.

Track surface and trackside detail seems to be improved over the previous version of Catalunya.

I did feel with F1 21 that Portimao felt pit if place due to its elevated levels of detail around the track and on the surface. Hopefully every circuit will see a boost in this regard.

Track surface and trackside detail seems to be improved over the previous version of Catalunya.

I did feel with F1 21 that Portimao felt pit if place due to its elevated levels of detail around the track and on the surface. Hopefully every circuit will see a boost in this regard.

"There has also been a concerted effort to improve the tire model suspension in the game physics engine as well, and Mather says that "anybody who's played previous F1 games will notice the difference on the track." Much of this improvement comes from acute attention to the real-life handling of these cars, and F1 22 pushes the tactile responsiveness of modern gaming technology to its limit. Players will feel a more defined positive front end to the car and experience the feeling of slick tires and varying degrees of grip at different angles."

This sounds positive in terms of physics, sounds like it'll be a bit less floaty and have a bit more track feel.

"There has also been a concerted effort to improve the tire model suspension in the game physics engine as well, and Mather says that "anybody who's played previous F1 games will notice the difference on the track." Much of this improvement comes from acute attention to the real-life handling of these cars, and F1 22 pushes the tactile responsiveness of modern gaming technology to its limit. Players will feel a more defined positive front end to the car and experience the feeling of slick tires and varying degrees of grip at different angles."

This sounds positive in terms of physics, sounds like it'll be a bit less floaty and have a bit more track feel.
Quotes like this man, you could pull something like this from every year I bet.

Great if so, and I get people are into these kinds of improvements, but with a pinch of salt for me.

"we didn't really work on anything new so we fiddled with some code in the background"

Quotes like this man, you could pull something like this from every year I bet.

Great if so, and I get people are into these kinds of improvements, but with a pinch of salt for me.

"we didn't really work on anything new so we fiddled with some code in the background"

This is very true. And every year I'll believe them 😅. I am gonna buy into this time though, purely because of the overhaul it will have needed for the new cars. Fingers crossed, time will tell all.

The other side of that coin of course is, it is on an aging engine, and how far, or much further, can they really push it before it needs a new one.

This is very true. And every year I'll believe them 😅. I am gonna buy into this time though, purely because of the overhaul it will have needed for the new cars. Fingers crossed, time will tell all.

The other side of that coin of course is, it is on an aging engine, and how far, or much further, can they really push it before it needs a new one.
I should really let people enjoy the hype tbh :lol: I'm just still bitter over pre-ordering 2021 and being so let down by it and the company over the following weeks and months.

I do hope it's a real improvement but if they wondered whether a bad product in 2021 and the news of F1 Manager was going to hurt their sales, well I'm here as an example of it. If my F1 experience this year is in management gameplay, and it's good enough to sustain that, I might skip this year altogether. But we'll see what it's like after launch and people I trust get their hands on it. I don't wish bad things just because it's EA, I'd love it to be great and for those in the community who are excited, to not be let down.

I should really let people enjoy the hype tbh :lol: I'm just still bitter over pre-ordering 2021 and being so let down by it and the company over the following weeks and months.

I do hope it's a real improvement but if they wondered whether a bad product in 2021 and the news of F1 Manager was going to hurt their sales, well I'm here as an example of it. If my F1 experience this year is in management gameplay, and it's good enough to sustain that, I might skip this year altogether. But we'll see what it's like after launch and people I trust get their hands on it. I don't wish bad things just because it's EA, I'd love it to be great and for those in the community who are excited, to not be let down.
I'm with you on 2021, I put over 400 hours into F1 2020 and barely 50 into 2021. This year will definitely be the first year I don't pre-order or buy on launch day, solely because of the 2021 experience.

Deep dive into the physics.

Edit: after a watch on a proper screen, a few takeaways for me visually. Firstly, it looks like they've ditched the over saturated colour palette of the previous games in favour of a more realistic look in terms of overall colour profile, looks much nicer. Track detail looks to be improved and s number of circuits appear to have had significant overhauls visually, Baku in particular looks to have had quite a revamp as well as Canada, Austria and of course the various circuits with new layouts alll seem to have also had significant improvements elsewhere as well.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to be day 1 on this. But I’m just not a fan of buying annual release games either.
100%, especially with the current state GT is in. I completed basically everything so i need something else for the time being.

Does anyone know if you need championchip edition to get all the available myteam liveries?
I noticed some liveries are categorized. Look at the backgrounds, green, blue, yellow. Is that some kind of bonus or special stuff?

uUXrmU9.jpg

Does anyone know if you need championchip edition to get all the available myteam liveries?
I noticed some liveries are categorized. Look at the backgrounds, green, blue, yellow. Is that some kind of bonus or special stuff?

uUXrmU9.jpg
Similar to ‘21: Livery patterns have rarities and are unlocked through Podium Pass.

There is a VIP Podium Pass tier as well but it’s easy to max it out if you play regularly.

There are 1 or 2 designs available in pre-order (like the Miami one) but they’re typically ones you can’t customise.

Last edited:
Back