F1 22 - General Discussion

If you start My Team from the bottom of the 3 tiers, then the car will handle like crap to start with, that's sort of the point. If you start with a front running car it'll have a lot more grip and less understeer.
Off course I choosed the middle of the pack start and the car was still crapastic, plus it's a formula 1 car, I expect it to have some mechanical downforce as well, and the throttle is bugged as well still from what I understand. But again what I find the most appealing is how heavy the car felt and to me it felt while driving like a FWD car and then suddently on slow corner you definitely drive a RWD car, it's so weird.

cheers..PS5
Ok so I've had a look for you.
Keep in mind I'm on PC so the keys will be different obviously but I'm sure the options will be there on PS5.

Pause menu/On screen display/OSD customisation/Layout Practice this is scrollable with F9 on the PC/Select Element F8 on PC/Practice program graph is what you want to move up and also maybe Track Acclimatision.

Hope that helps
You can set the Engineer to critical messages or even mute them entirely except for responses.
Ohh this is awesome, didn't know there were options in between. I wrongly thought it was only on and off.

Thanks mate. 👍

As an aside I've been using your TV pod offset camera settings and think they are great.

Last edited:
You can set the Engineer to critical messages or even mute them entirely except for responses.
But the graphic saying "late turn in" will still be up there won't it? If I'm on fully assisted pit stops I would assume that means the turn in should be perfect.

Does anyone else find the engine noise really tinny with no bass?? Ive tried every sound preset...even the safety car has more bass lol.

The sound is annoying yes. Gets quite powerful in high-rpm but not very sexy...

Got some weird problems by Myteam save, loading it and starting the GP week-end, suddenly all assistances are on, difficulty level is set at 25. I reloaded the save several times, my setup came back, but one thing remains wrong, I cannot use Flashback the whole damn week-end ! And we know how much we love our flashbacks in this iteration... Hopefully I can fix that after this GP ...

Their online services seems to work bizarrely. loading/saving constantly, I'm sure it generates a lot of bugs like these.

I haven’t even made it out of FP1 in Bahrain yet because I’m not really enjoying the driving. Looking forward to this patch though.
Bug fixes are not the only thing the team is working on. Adjustments to the following areas (known as the Performance Patch) will be coming soon: Engine Torque, Gear Ratios, Force Feedback and Tyre Temperatures. More details about these will be shared in the coming weeks.

Have they destroyed the game with this 1.06 patch?? I'm dead last in quali now when I was fighting for a few points until now. I have lost all grip and all straight line speed with this patch. Crazy

This game is still a half title to me because I can't get the network connection working to save my life. No way it should be this hard and believe me I've tried.

Have they destroyed the game with this 1.06 patch?? I'm dead last in quali now when I was fighting for a few points until now. I have lost all grip and all straight line speed with this patch. Crazy
I only had a short time to play tonight just to check it out post update. I ran a 50% length race at Silverstone, no practice or qualifying in the Aston Martin, which was probably the wrong car to use. So I started at the back of the field. It seemed to me that the car wasn't as squirrelly as before. Out of slow corners it wasn't trying to spin out like before.

I probably won't get a chance to play again until Sunday but I'll try it again in a much better car.

With the new patch I'm able to access the online features for the first time(Yay). Just in time for F1's summer break. I'll be poking around trying to figure out all these newly activated online features.

Driving without TC is a real challenge I have to say, but really rewarding once I started to get the hang of it. Those race starts though...extreeeemely difficult. I increased Throttle Linearity to 30 but even then I have to restart about 5-10 times just to get an adequate start. I suppose I'll have to practice for an eternity to get it right.
Race starts can't possibly be this difficult in the real life cars. I mean, it's supposed to be more about reaction time, right? And not just about having the perfect revs for every single gear.

With Portimao now in F1 22, I don't know of any reason to hang on to F1 2021. I'll probably delete it.

Has anyone else noticed a sort of rustling sound mainly on straights? It sounds a little like air turbulence but at the same time it's almost the same sound as when you make contact with another car.

Has anyone else noticed a sort of rustling sound mainly on straights?
I think it's the car bottoming out, it was always there apparently they just turned it up in the mix to make it more prevalent.

With Portimao now in F1 22, I don't know of any reason to hang on to F1 2021. I'll probably delete it.

Has anyone else noticed a sort of rustling sound mainly on straights? It sounds a little like air turbulence but at the same time it's almost the same sound as when you make contact with another car.
I guess if you want to play Portimao in career mode or my team then keep 2021 installed.

I've already hit the point where I can't be bothered playing it. There are too many annoyances, too many glitches, too many things wrong overall for it to be enjoyable. Its also still basically the same format as 2021, 2020 and to some extent 2019 and its just totally run its course for me. Need some serious changes to 2023.

I guess if you want to play Portimao in career mode or my team then keep 2021 installed.

I've already hit the point where I can't be bothered playing it. There are too many annoyances, too many glitches, too many things wrong overall for it to be enjoyable. Its also still basically the same format as 2021, 2020 and to some extent 2019 and its just totally run its course for me. Need some serious changes to 2023.
I don't play career or my team. I just do solo races. Overall I like it. I like how aggressive the AI is in defending. It will slide to either side to protect against an outbraking maneuver. The AI just doesn't sit there and let you pick off car after car. You have to work at it.

I like the handling much better than F1 2021. It seems I can handle those tight slow corners better and also the higher speed ones like turn 1 at Portimao. It is very noticeable when you come out of a pit stop on hard tires. In those first couple of laps the car is very loose and I have to be very careful. I guess they are coming up to temperature. I crashed at Eau Rouge coming out of the pits and that taught me to be more careful.

I still don't like being penalized for a late pit box turn in when I've get it set on automatic. It cost me a place in last nights race as I went in in front of Alpha Tauri but came out behind him again.

I think it's the car bottoming out, it was always there apparently they just turned it up in the mix to make it more prevalent.
Could be.

Unless there’s a really good sale I will probably skip this entry. I’m still having fun playing F12021. Hopefully F12023 will be current gen only.

Saturday I tried to play for the first time since the update to 1.08 or whatever it was. However I had no FFB at all. I quit the game and went into ACC just to check that it wasn't a wheel problem. It wasn't as ACC had no problems. Quit ACC and tried F1 22 again and again had no FFB. Quit F1 22 and tried F1 2021 and it's FFB was working fine. Tried one more time with F1 22 and this time it FFB was normal again.

Saturday I tried to play for the first time since the update to 1.08 or whatever it was. However I had no FFB at all. I quit the game and went into ACC just to check that it wasn't a wheel problem. It wasn't as ACC had no problems. Quit ACC and tried F1 22 again and again had no FFB. Quit F1 22 and tried F1 2021 and it's FFB was working fine. Tried one more time with F1 22 and this time it FFB was normal again.
That's weird.

When you try to do a bug report to EA, what is this 16 digit report code that you're being asked for?
If you go into the pause menu you'll see it in the bottom left corner
Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 06.43.38.png

Im gonna be honest here. But codemasters F1 games need commentators.

Been playing F1 championship edition on Ps3 also in the past I played F1 2001 on the ps1.

Commentating really does make it immersive especially Murray walkers commentating on F1 2001 made the game has its own charm.

Im gonna be honest here. But codemasters F1 games need commentators.

Been playing F1 championship edition on Ps3 also in the past I played F1 2001 on the ps1.

Commentating really does make it immersive especially Murray walkers commentating on F1 2001 made the game has its own charm.
Not played 22 so maybe they added it but previously there's been no way while in race to get an idea of the whole race order or even who's leading, you have to pause and come out of the game into the menu and Race Director.

F1 Championship Edition was great with this giving you updates on the order, big events in the race, close battles going on etc. It makes you feel part of it.

It's definitely missed from CM's titles, agreed. You should at least be able to ask your engineer who's winning!

Not played 22 so maybe they added it but previously there's been no way while in race to get an idea of the whole race order or even who's leading, you have to pause and come out of the game into the menu and Race Director.

F1 Championship Edition was great with this giving you updates on the order, big events in the race, close battles going on etc. It makes you feel part of it.

It's definitely missed from CM's titles, agreed. You should at least be able to ask your engineer who's winning!
When playing F1 2001 on Ps1 when you go backwards.

Murray Walker says what the hell is he doing 🤣

F1 2001 starts especially Murray walker saying go go makes it so epic.

Does anyone know if the little track guidance during time trial can be deactivated? I really like the handling of the cars, especially with no assists. However the F1 life is the dullest thing I've ever seen in an F1 title. It is just a waiste of resources!

I thought the Ferrari's were getting the special livery that they are using in Monza this weekend. Or is that only if you are racing at Monza?

EDIT I found out that this update doesn't come out until Monday Sept. 12th.

Last edited:
Are any of you watching the f1 2022 esports races while waiting for Singapore?

Also,Do they all use tv pod cam? Why isn’t cockpit enforced? Also, do they not run full laps ?

Last edited:
Back