F1 22 - General Discussion

I ran a race at Abu Dhabi yesterday. I was in the lead by about 6 seconds over Verstappen with two laps to go. On the second to last lap as I was going around that new hairpin style turn at the end of sector 2, the car spun out and by the time I recovered Verstappen passed me and I couldn't catch him again on that last lap and lost the race.

I think what happened is that in the last two laps, the battery power gets deployed more I guess trying to get fastest lap. I've noticed it in the past. But the car isn't aware of where it is on the track and just starts deploying it at random. It's caught me out before by deploying coming into a braking zone and nearly making me overshoot a turn. But this time it deployed while in that hairpin and put too much power to the back and spun the car out.

I know the solution would be do the whole KERS thing manually myself so I know when it's deploying but I can't do all of that stuff plus the buttons on my wheel don't light up so I can't see them while racing at night in my apartment.

Also I think when they changed the tire model, the tire grip drops off suddenly on your in lap and it didn't used to do that. I nearly crashed once when the car severely understeered into a turn and it didn't feel right the rest of the in lap.

I just saw that Fanatec issued recommended settings for F1 22 a month ago. I haven't tried them yet.

https://forum.fanatec.com/categories/f1-20xx

On a side note, I have reinstalled F1 2020 on my Series X mainly to have the classic cars. But when I tried it I have no steering. Throttle and brakes work but no steering. Looked into the game settings and everything is like it was before and the settings. When I last played this game a couple of years ago I had the CSL V2.5. Could it be that the game doesn't recognize the CSL DD?

so i got the game cause its half off on psn and I need the new cars lol

The Bad:
I am supremely disappointed at how copy paste myteam is. There's no way this should have happened this year and it absolutely can't be the same MyTeam again next year. Where are the upgrades that change the look of our car? like, I would have taken just that.

I didn't touch F1 life, I knew I wouldnt from the start just like I knew I would not touch braking point last year. Microtransactions have been in the game ever since podium pass so Im not going to pretend like all of a sudden EA is ruining the series or anything.

The new race engineer is refreshing but he just says the exact same lines jeff used to say so...whats the point really?

having to re-do all my settings again is kind of annoying lol but thats just nitpicking

The Good:
New track layouts, especially spain lol. miami looks great too and it makes me excited to see how vegas looks next year.

the cars feel noticeably different to handle and I like it

the new paint options on the liveries are nice too

I dont regret that I bought it but it cant bethe same game next year

1.15 update is now live with updated car models and liveries. And has also added the option to use Shanghai and Portimao in career mode from season 2.

I just saw that Fanatec issued recommended settings for F1 22 a month ago. I haven't tried them yet.

https://forum.fanatec.com/categories/f1-20xx

On a side note, I have reinstalled F1 2020 on my Series X mainly to have the classic cars. But when I tried it I have no steering. Throttle and brakes work but no steering. Looked into the game settings and everything is like it was before and the settings. When I last played this game a couple of years ago I had the CSL V2.5. Could it be that the game doesn't recognize the CSL DD?
I forgot I had posted this.

I did try the new Fanatec recommended settings for F1 22 and I really like them. It seems to have eliminated a lot of the basic understeer the cars had plus it makes the slower tighter turns easier to navigate. I haven't had a chance to try the F2 cars yet.

As for F1 2020 the reason I had no steering is that I was trying to use the F1 22 CSL DD settings for F1 2020. The problem is that while SEN 2520 is what F1 22 recognizes as a true SEN 360, for some reason. That doesn't work on F1 2020. It recognizes SEN 2520 as indeed what it is, 2520. For F1 2020 to work on the CSL DD I had to change SEN back down to 360. Once I did that steering returned to normal and I've been enjoying those classic cars again.

The way I found out what to change was that I stopped on track and turned the wheel from center all the way to left lock. It took 3 and a half rotations. That meant that from left lock to right lock was 7 rotations. 7 x 360 = 2520. :)

Just grabbed the game from PSN for just 12,99. Actually bought it purely for F1 reasons, though I'm not sure I'll play it much. F1 2021 didn't bring me much joy, but 12,99 won't break my bank.

Got it. VR is the draw otherwise not sure it necessary more fun then f1 2020. One thing that bugs me is the antennas. You can remove the halo but not the antennas which as the same annoying feature of being right in front of your vision. You are also entirely locked to the cockpit view in VR it seems. Also there is to much options. Do I start a career with equal or "real" performance? Do I start with a turd or a redbull? Am I burning myself out as a team owner and driver of my own team or make life easy as a pay driver?

I bought F1 22 because it was £11 and I am regretting it already. I'm pretty sure it is impossible to link my Playstation account to a EA account and then the game.

The website shows that the game and EA account are linked but whenever I open the game it says reset your password, that hasn't worked the first 6 times so I doubt the 7th will be the magic touch. Essentially all EA games are single player only.

Sorry to bump this but given I’ve never really got into the more recent F1 games and want to get up to date with then in time for F1 24, I’ve started trying to get good at 22 so I can run a season, then move on to 23.

And I’m finding it….weird. I know this has been discussed before. I started with F2 and the physics and handling felt fine there, no problems, same as 21. But onto the F1 cars, I feel like I just can’t push them. In 20 or 21 I’ll do a qualifying lap, then go out again and, following the +- delta I can work out that I can gain two tenths here by nailing that apex, getting on the throttle earlier then running across that white line, two tenths there by missing that kerb, and I’ll go six tenths quicker and qualify decently well even on harder AI.

But here, I dunno what it is but I can’t do it. I’ll set an initial lap then go out again and no matter how hard I try to perfect the lines I’m taking, carry more speed in there, turn in tighter there, I’m gaining half a tenth here then losing it again on the run to the next corner, seeing any advantage I get completely wiped out for no obvious reason, especially on the second lap of any run where I’m losing two tenths down every straight and have absolutely zero chance of ever bettering the first lap. I just find it really weird and can’t work out if I’m doing something wrong or the game is just a bit wonky.

handling in F1 22 is tricky especially traction is hard to manage. Much improved in F1 23 esp for pad users

Back