F1 22 Trailer Reveals First Look at Miami International Circuit, Teases Supercars

• Thread starter Famine
  • 64 comments
You can't just pretend it doesn't exist while it's playing a very significant part in the real-world competition, Mercedes is suffering a lot because of this, otherwise they could have been in the championship fight. Also I've never seen any sim titles that simulate porpoising, so it should be interesting if F1 22 had it.
It is actually possible to create porpoising using the F1 2021 physics model:

Last edited:
No sign of porpoising, somewhat disappointed, probably just another reskin without any real improvement to the physics
The real teams didn’t find it in their simulators at all before the start of the season.

If it were to be in the game it would have to be a fake effect I imagine (I haven’t seen the video about that mod yet), and not an accurate simulation, given that each car in real life vibrates at different rates, different speeds, some mid-corner, some on straights only etc. With all those complications how long before somebody complains that a car isn’t “shaking right?” 😁

On top of that if the screen’s been shaken to hell that’s probably not a good playing experience and could make people feel unwell, especially in VR. Having a game that makes people sick isn’t very fun 🙂

Last edited:
I said it elsewhere but honestly, putting it in would be basically admitting it's a feature of the handling and not something that needs to be fixed. They want to present the best elements of the cars and the series, including this would not do that, would not be fun to drive beyond a quick novelty and if you're playing multiple seasons in a career would likely not be realistic.

Most of the 'demand' for this is for memes and to try and be funny.

Back