F1 24 Will Launch May 31, Loyalty Discounts & 2024 Content for F1 23 With Pre-Orders

• Thread starter Famine
  • 46 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

F1 24 Will Launch May 31, Loyalty Discounts & 2024 Content for F1 23 With Pre-Orders

Today marks only the launch date and edition announcement for F1 24, with more details coming down the line. However it’s pretty easy to be certain that, at a minimum, the title will feature the ten teams, 20 drivers, and 24 circuits of the 2024 Formula One World Championship — while senior creative director Lee Mather notes that “we’re bringing players an overhauled Career mode, a new EA Sports Dynamic Handling System, and so much more”...

Last edited:
Interested to hear what the overhauled career mode will be like. I enjoyed it generally but it started feeling a bit samey by '23.

Sometimes liveries are in the F1 games before they race in real life, I've worked on a few special team reveals over the years (Red Bull in 21, Ferrari in 22, Ferrari and Alfa Romeo in 23), and Codemasters has a good relationship with the grid now.

"Fun" fact: F1 22 was removed from sale today, around the same time when trailer for F1 24 went live...
Noooooooo!!! I expected it to be soon but not unannounced. It's the first one I haven't bought since 2016!

Was hoping it would be next gen only so it's a no from me, unless it supports VR on PS5. Don't buy them every year and didn't bother with 23 so hopefully 25 will be the one that stands out as a genuine update.

Last edited:
Was hoping it would be next gen only so it's a no from me, unless it supports VR on PS5. Don't buy them every year and didn't bother with 23 so hopefully 25 will be the one that stands out as a genuine update.
The previous gen support thing isn't an issue really, as even if the game was current gen only, the game would still need to run on a multitude of PC configurations, so why not run it on previous gen?

It used to bother me but when you think about how it isn't really holding anything back, it's not a problem.

They should literally just make a game called
"Formula 1"
And add entire seasons/cars each year.

WAY more sustainable.
The F1 licence probably requires Codemasters to release a game every year, (the WRC licence did for Kylotonn) so you'd have to convince F1 management (no, not the game, the people that own F1) of this first.

As much as I'm excited for the F1 season, I'm happy to stay with 23. I play it so sparingly that it doesn't bore me and I don't feel the need for something new.

PS VR2 support would be the only reason I'd buy this game

If you really want VR racing going forward, probably best to switch to PC.

I plan this after sony announcement of PC support for PSVR2. Didn’t want to buy another headset, but i would still prefer having this on ps5 earlier actually

Wouldn't this be a perfect time for Sony and EA to work together on a promotion?

"Purchase f124 with a PS VR2 and get the game free" Surely Sony could take the $70 hit

Maybe they could do it with GTR Revival since, if they haven't already made that arrangement with EA, it's a little late.

In the background Sony would have to confirm with a developer that they'll make their game VR playable.

What a promotion that could be!

Last edited:
Wouldn't this be a perfect time for Sony and EA to work together on a promotion?

"Purchase f124 with a PS VR2 and get the game free" Surely Sony could take the $70 hit

Maybe they could do it with GTR Revival since, if they haven't already made that arrangement with EA, it's a little late.

In the background Sony would have to confirm with a developer that they'll make their game VR playable.

What a promotion that could be!
Funny you mention Sony:

1709494308480.png

The timing is pretty interesting.

Latest Posts

Back