F1 24 Will Launch May 31, Loyalty Discounts & 2024 Content for F1 23 With Pre-Orders

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments
We actually don't know how much GT7 is being held back buy having to run on PS4. It certainly wasn't the generational leap forward like GT6 to GT Sport was on a new console.
If I'm honest, even the titles exclusively for current gen consoles rarely are a big leap themselves (only recent example that springs to mind is Tekken 8 and that's just the Tekken project team getting better used to Unreal AND on new hardware just as Neatherrealm studios did between MKX and MK 11)

Last edited:
I will have a look and see what the new career is like but
Still supporting those old consoles, so I'm not expecting much :grumpy:
Yep, means no new engine so no better graphics so no long needed overhaul of the whole experience.

It's likely to be same again with some tweaks and whatever the new career provides, hopefully something substantial or this could really bomb.

People saying it won't hold it back, or didn't hold GT7 back, I'm sorry but as a player with 1200 hours in GT7 it most definitely did hold it back. Even just basic things like not having dynamic weather or day and night cycles at every track to not being able to manage more than 16 cars in Sport mode have hurt the title.

I will have a look and see what the new career is like but

Yep, means no new engine so no better graphics so no long needed overhaul of the whole experience.

It's likely to be same again with some tweaks and whatever the new career provides, hopefully something substantial or this could really bomb.

People saying it won't hold it back, or didn't hold GT7 back, I'm sorry but as a player with 1200 hours in GT7 it most definitely did hold it back. Even just basic things like not having dynamic weather or day and night cycles at every track to not being able to manage more than 16 cars in Sport mode have hurt the title.
The dynamic weather not being on every track isn't because of the PS4 holding the game back. That's a design choice, and a poor one at that.

I'm at 90% of skipping this year, I'm not hearing/seeing anything good about the handling in this game, it's being compared to f1 22...idk if the career mode changes can overcome that nightmare

I'm at 90% of skipping this year, I'm not hearing/seeing anything good about the handling in this game, it's being compared to f1 22...idk if the career mode changes can overcome that nightmare
A lot of people I've see being negative on the handling have backtracked after playing it for more than an hour.

It would be nice if I could continue my career from 23 in the new game. Starting from zero every time is getting old.

Career mode deep dive:

I really like the idea of being able to use existing drivers in career mode, should give good replay value there. Also like the sound of the new rival and accolade systems.

Last edited:
Back