F1 Caption Game - Archive ThreadFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
valtteri-bottas-mercedes-amg--1.jpg

Lewis: "Skyline"
Valterri "Delorean"

"So you put twenty quid down on Max hitting someone and I put ten on Sebastian. Do we call it a draw or double the pot for the next race?"

"If you're in front at Austin and don't give me your position, we won't put any fresh straw down in your stable."

Last edited:

"To paraphrase Murray Walker, to finish first, first you have to finish second..."​

Last edited:

Lewis: So once I am world champion again Valtteri; would you like to finish first a couple of times before we start next season?

Valtteri: Of course that would be nice; you're the boss Lewis.

Round Seventeen - RESULT

1st: Touring Mars - 25 pts (G - 10 votes)
2nd=: niky, Jimlaad43 - 16 pts (C, F - 5 votes)
4th: RogerTheHorse - 12 pts (A - 3 votes)
5th: SVT Cobra GT - 10 pts (D - 2 votes)
6th=: Famine, BlacqueJacques - 7 pts (E, H - 1 vote)​

Winning Entry

Touring Mars
"To paraphrase Murray Walker, to finish first, first you have to finish second..."

Standings after Round 17
*denotes Round win (Round wins are used to settle ties)

1st: Jimlaad43*** - 236 pts
2nd: Touring Mars* - 200 pts
3rd: niky***** - 193 pts

4th: XJ40*** - 172 pts
5th: SVT Cobra GT* - 163 pts
6th: Roger The Horse* - 152 pts
7th: Famine** - 148 pts
8th: Flex0r* - 110 pts
9th: BlacqueJacques* - 78 pts
10th: FutureF1 - 57 pts

11th: desmodan - 33 pts
12th: Liquid* - 28 pts
13th: Pezzarinho17 - 21 pts
14th: Lizard - 17 pts
15th: Pupik - 12 pts
16th: TenEightyOne - 11 pts
17th: UnkaD - 10 pts
18th: FerrariF1GT - 8 pts
19th: Baldgye - 7 pts
20th: GTFraker - 3 pts
21st: CinnamonOD - 1 pt

Round Eighteen - USA will follow shortly.

Round Eighteen - USA

kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-with-r-1.jpg

Entries by Friday 9th November October - 0900 GMT - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked.

Please read the full rules available in Post #1 before entering.​

Of course it's a good career move! Instead of flying to work as I did at Ferrari, I just walk to the Sauber office in my bathrobe, and I'm there.

Your bathrobe?

It saves me time when I change into my racing suit.

Kimi: "I don't know who you are, or why I'm sitting in an office, but I'm fairly confident that I am not currently in a position to sell you a 2007 Volvo S60 D5, I think all of us have come to the wrong place today"

Kimi: Sauber are a good team; you know they got their last driver snatched up by Ferrari, so that's something to look forward to!

Last edited:

Kimi at job interview:
I am the Alpha Romeo.
You know those overtakes Seb tried and screwed up, I Räickon I could have done them Sauber.
I always say: To finish first, you first have to be Finnish!
So I see no reason why you shouldn't hire me.

So almost nobody ever goes for scissors straight off because its not a natural hand shape so that is why you should always go for paper first because most of the time you will win or draw and then if you draw you should go for paper again because most people will change from their first choice and most of the time that will mean changing to stone because really scissors is a conscious choice and people will not think to do that until the third round. Bwoah.

Kimi has to tell an intruder not to come in without knocking, especially when he has the scissors and lube all ready together.

Round Eighteen - RESULT

1st: Roger The Horse - 25 pts (C - 8 votes)
2nd: Famine- 18 pts (I - 6 votes)
3th: XJ40 - 15 pts (F - 5 votes)
4th=: SVT Cobra GT, BlacqueJacques - 11 pts (D, E - 3 votes)
6th=: Jimlaad43, niky, Flex0r - 6 pts (A, B, H - 2 votes)
9th=: Touring Mars, Lizard - 1 pt (G, J - 1 vote)​

Winning Entry

Roger The Horse
Kimi: "I don't know who you are, or why I'm sitting in an office, but I'm fairly confident that I am not currently in a position to sell you a 2007 Volvo S60 D5, I think all of us have come to the wrong place today"

Standings after Round 18
*denotes Round win (Round wins are used to settle ties)

1st: Jimlaad43*** - 242 pts
2nd: Touring Mars* - 201 pts
3rd: niky***** - 199 pts

4th: XJ40*** - 187 pts
5th: Roger The Horse** - 177 pts
6th: SVT Cobra GT* - 174 pts
7th: Famine** - 166 pts
8th: Flex0r* - 116 pts
9th: BlacqueJacques* - 89 pts
10th: FutureF1 - 57 pts

11th: desmodan - 33 pts
12th: Liquid* - 28 pts
13th: Pezzarinho17 - 21 pts
14th: Lizard - 18 pts
15th: Pupik - 12 pts
16th: TenEightyOne - 11 pts
17th: UnkaD - 10 pts
18th: FerrariF1GT - 8 pts
19th: Baldgye - 7 pts
20th: GTFraker - 3 pts
21st: CinnamonOD - 1 pt

Rounds Nineteen and Twenty - Mexico and Brazil will follow shortly

@Roger the Horse and @Famine - if you would like to select a picture for Mexico and/or Brazil, please send me a URL/image ASAP (please indicate which race your pic/s are from) or let me know if you don't wish to choose a picture.

-

Note: Due to time constraints, R19 and R20 will be held simultaneously :nervous:

Rounds Nineteen and Twenty - Mexico and Brazil will follow shortly

@Roger the Horse and @Famine - if you would like to select a picture for Mexico and/or Brazil, please send me a URL/image ASAP (please indicate which race your pic/s are from) or let me know if you don't wish to choose a picture.
I'm in an airport, but I'll be home in about five hours if it can wait that long.

I'm in an airport, but I'll be home in about five hours if it can wait that long.
I'd like to post the next round before 9.30am tomorrow if possible, so I can wait until then if you would like to choose a pic or pics.

@Famine Do you still want to select a pic or pics? I am very busy today but will post up the next rounds after work (around 7pm) tonight.

@Famine Do you still want to select a pic or pics? I am very busy today but will post up the next rounds after work (around 7pm) tonight.
Cack. I forgot because writing articles, and I have to drive to the south in 30 minutes. Feel free to pick for me if you have time, or if I'm back online before 7 (which might happen) I'll PM you something.

Rounds Nineteen and Twenty - Mexico & Brazil

Mexico
car-of-fernando-alonso-mclare-1.jpg

Brazil
max-verstappen-red-bull-racin-1.jpg

Entries by Tuesday 27th November October - 1900 GMT - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked. Please make it clear which caption corresponds to which picture.

Please read the full rules available in Post #1 before entering.​

Mexico: "For god's sake, why did McLaren have to go and change the colour of their car? Last years car would've matched the colour of our overalls perfectly, this years... Not at all. Completely ruined the whole shot..."

Brazil: "Some people say I'm a bad example for kids, but I'd argue the opposite. I'm doing two days of community service, how could I be a bad example to anyone?"

Mexico: Ya know, in the job description they mentioned I might get to handle F1 cars, not pieces of junk...

Brazil: “...And he looked at me like this so of course I had to punch him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back