F1 Cars in commercials

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 50 comments
AWESOME!  That would rock!  Man, I wish I could get that...  Do you know what it's called?

:eek:  I can't believe you don't get it in the UK, of all the places!  I've assumed you guys can get about much motorsports as you want, like our NBA, NFL, hockey, and whatever.

But, I've been finding out that's wrong...

Im pretty much sick of all the sports channels I have because of.... Nascar. The worlds crappiest racing. Dale Earndart died in the last Nascar championship because he doesnt like to wear a seatbelt! The first time I saw the crash on the news I thought he was OK.. but once there was some music. Like the ones to cherish the dead. Then I knew he was dead. Stupid nascar drivers... A seat belt out of all things he didnt want to use!

His seat belt broke, Evo, and I've heard that it may not have helped even if it hadn't.

You manner is quite rude, I must say.

But that crash didnt look so hard! I've seen F1 drivers who have slammed head on to the wall and they were still alive. I also heard something that Dale wasnt so comfortable with some safety equipment because he was experienced or something.......

sorry If my manner was a little rude. Its just that Im bored of Nascar and Im tired of seeing cars of the same max speed , company, and model, compete. I like F1 because there are diffrent types of F1 cars. and Grand Touring has a wide range of cars.

I am not a fan of NASCAR either, but your comments could give some the idea that Earnhardt was not wearing his seat belt. I believe he was.

I didn't think anything broke in Earnhardt's car.  I thought he broke his neck because of the whiplash, which could have been prevented by the use of the Hans safety device, which I believe the FIA requires all F1 drivers to use.  (correct me if I'm wrong about that)

Boy, if anyone could knock a thread more off-topic, it's us!  :D

F1 drivers are requested to try it in a test session at least once this season but most who have have said that it is too uncomfortable and it doesn't really fit the dimensions of the cockpit anyway. I don't think F1 drivers need HANS anyway - I can't think of a more safer form of sport than F1.

Oh, thanks Phil.  I thought it was required, because I remember them talking about it during the Canadian GP.

Yes, probably.  I can see how they would be a burden if you needed to get out of the car quickly in an emergency or something (and the car wasn't in a normal position).

I think that is the main problem. I think the drivers are required to get out of the car in about 5-7 secs and with HANS, that will be a big problem.

F1 drivers are practically laying down, so the whiplash problem my not be that bad anyway.

Honda has a new commercial, Will we win... hopefully, Will we lose.... maybe, Will we learn... definately. And it has the F1 cars of BAR Honda in it. I saw it on NBC which may be a sign of things to come as Americans finally start to like racing. I mean if 1/2 the people watching NASCAR saw F1 they would wet there pants

Back