F1 Manager 2022

Screeching U-Turn once the story got picked up by the gaming and tech press

car chase GIF by Mayans M.C.

It’s not going well for their comms guys on Reddit after that post :scared:
Yeah, I was skimming the Reddit and the people (quite rightly) are not too happy. :lol:
ending support after 2 months is nonsense.
Totally.

I've put maybe close to 150hrs into this game so far. And I'll continue to put more in because despite the faults, I've really enjoyed it. Just a shame that some of the major faults won't be rectified now.

Last edited:
Final results of my titanic McLaren battle

74EA7752-B3D9-40BE-8C4D-9E27D20F161A.jpeg

84A1E0D6-C535-4B47-9181-16F2CB53750C.jpeg

D01C3088-2AA3-452B-A79C-F4ABFE8F9110.jpeg

Lando overturned a 30 point deficit late in the season, won it at the final race. I tried not to consciously interfere too much and let them battle it out.

A couple of trophies left for the platinum and then this one can be put to rest for a while.

Nice to see that the unlapping under the safety car will be fixed at some point. But man, Frontier have burnt any good will they had over this.

I hired Ocon as he seemed super reliable, and one of those managing the tires the best during my first 3 seasons. I fired Piastri because too many crashes, and very poor tire management.

Guess what's happening after 2 gps. Ocon spinning around in Bahrein, finishing 18 (!!!), crashing in Jeddah on lap 2 (Red Flag) and Piastri becoming suddenly a top driver with perfectly fine tire management.

Not sure I will keep playing this stuff much longer. How flawed it is...

By the way no one mentions that, but it's crazy we see the tire wear of the other drivers. Frontier thinks it's publicly available data? Same for the car analysis, this is even crazier to think we can rank all the cars in terms of "low speed corners in dirty air" for instance.

This PR mess at the moment is appaling. We all paid a full price game which is , let's be honest, a beta. I don't understand why this game has its own excellent graphics but on the other sides lacks a lot of the basic rules or mecanisms of F1. Plus , reference to the above experience, it seems scripted and have hidden rules we can't do anything about.

I hired Ocon as he seemed super reliable, and one of those managing the tires the best during my first 3 seasons. I fired Piastri because too many crashes, and very poor tire management.

Guess what's happening after 2 gps. Ocon spinning around in Bahrein, finishing 18 (!!!), crashing in Jeddah on lap 2 (Red Flag) and Piastri becoming suddenly a top driver with perfectly fine tire management.

Not sure I will keep playing this stuff much longer. How flawed it is...

By the way no one mentions that, but it's crazy we see the tire wear of the other drivers. Frontier thinks it's publicly available data? Same for the car analysis, this is even crazier to think we can rank all the cars in terms of "low speed corners in dirty air" for instance.

This PR mess at the moment is appaling. We all paid a full price game which is , let's be honest, a beta. I don't understand why this game has its own excellent graphics but on the other sides lacks a lot of the basic rules or mecanisms of F1. Plus , reference to the above experience, it seems scripted and have hidden rules we can't do anything about.
They switched graphics engines mid-development, seems the priority before release was making it look good and worthy of an official title, rather than actually making it work properly.

Plus , reference to the above experience, it seems scripted and have hidden rules we can't do anything about.
It definitely seems that way. Have a feeling no matter who you hire, the player cars are programed to make more mistakes. Even more so when you are in a good poistion.

Similar thing with tire wear. I have Ocon up to 100 smoothness now, almost never put him on attack mode, even at the start and his wear rate is only marginally better than the AI.

Season 3 with Alpine done. 14 wins for the season between Piastri and Ocon. You'd imagine that one of them would have won the drivers championship comfortably but of course Max ended up winning it in the final race, after Ocon decided it would be fun to take himself and Piastri out when they were running 1-2.

F1® Manager 2022_20221103183109.jpg

F1® Manager 2022_20221103183102.jpg

Still, it gave me the trophy for constructors championship, that I somehow didn't get despite winning the constructors with Williams in an earlier save. Just need the pit crew one for platinum.

Last edited:
I won the constructors and drivers championship (with Zhou) during my 5th season with Williams. The car's strength was making downforce at low/medium/high speeds and acceleration under DRS. It wasn't good at anything else, so it made most of the races exciting and not total dominations. Heck, I only managed one pole position the entire season (Suzuka). :lol: Below are the images at the end of the season detailing the numbers, plus the car analysis for the start of season 6.

For season 6, I dropped Albon and promoted Vesti to start. And my 2027 car appears to be dominant. Even with the 50% reduction in performance in all areas.

Attachments

• Car Analysis - Williams - Season 6 (Beginning).PNG
    Car Analysis - Williams - Season 6 (Beginning).PNG
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Car Analysis - Williams - Season 5 (Title winners).PNG
    Car Analysis - Williams - Season 5 (Title winners).PNG
    80.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Constructors Title - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    Constructors Title - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    55.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Drivers Title - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    Drivers Title - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    63.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Zhou Performance - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    Zhou Performance - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    54.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Albon Performance - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    Albon Performance - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 10
  • Team Performance - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    Team Performance - Williams - Season 5.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 13
I won the constructors and drivers championship (with Zhou) during my 5th season with Williams. The car's strength was making downforce at low/medium/high speeds and acceleration under DRS. It wasn't good at anything else, so it made most of the races exciting and not total dominations. Heck, I only managed one pole position the entire season (Suzuka). :lol: Below are the images at the end of the season detailing the numbers, plus the car analysis for the start of season 6.

For season 6, I dropped Albon and promoted Vesti to start. And my 2027 car appears to be dominant. Even with the 50% reduction in performance in all areas.
Well done! Finally secured a 1-3 with Ocon and Gasly at Imola 2025. Solid pace nothing special explaining the performance. Might be a good season (once I fix the buildings etc... how annoying...)

What these guys were thinking not being able to display the right helmets of drivers? That's insane they never patched this.

Decided to end my Alpine save and start what will be my long term, on and off again save back at Williams. This time with Schumacher and Piastri as my drivers. Going to try and do it properly this time, instead of just giving up on development halfway thru year 1, like I did in my previous Williams save.

May have underestimated how tough the first year will be though. Not even mentioning Mick and Oscar's tendency to lock up and crash. I forgot exactly how bad Williams is initially. :lol: At least the board expectations are low for the first few years.

Last edited:
Decided to end my Alpine save and start what will be my long term, on and off again save back at Williams. This time with Schumacher and Piastri as my drivers. Going to try and do it properly this time, instead of just giving up on development halfway thru year 1, like I did in my previous Williams save.

May have underestimated how tough the first year will be though. Not even mentioning Mick and Oscar's tendency to lock up and crash. I forgot exactly how bad Williams is initially. :lol: At least the board expectations are low for the first few years.
I'll be launching my Seb career on Sunday after he waves goodbye :(
Sticking with Aston and the Merc power, sacking the Strolls, might give Mick car 2 and make it an all-German affair 🇩🇪

Update coming in a few weeks and they finally may fix the DRS & safety car issues

Last edited:
Update coming in a few weeks and they finally may fix the DRS & safety car issues
Oh wow. "Unlapping in normal conditions", as well? Nice.

It's just a shame that it took a lot of outrage to make these fixes happen. :lol:

We could have a brand new game if they fix properly the DRS effectiveness. After tough 3 first GPs with Williams 2025, Ocon won 3 times and Gasly one. I did a miracle 1-2 in Monaco after some gambles taken in the last third of the race. The weather part has become very unpredictable, it spices things up. Definitely planning to win the Constructor championship.

I have been playing fair and square since day one with Williams not trying to use the flaws of the game - still to this day I'm not sure which developments are most beneficial. It's been quite a bumpy ride but ultimately it took me 3 seasons to fight the Ferraris and RedBull and that's realistic. The car lacks top speed (apparently) but is fast in corners. In my 2025 season, no Vettel, no Hamilton, no Alonso!

Decided it was going to take too long to bring Aston up to winning standard and Seb deserves better than that, so onto plan B.

362A7791-BA35-4F39-9532-BD8E7E2F8B35.jpeg

If Nando gets title #3 first I suppose that’s ok - and at that point I’d probably sack him and give Danny a shot.

That’s a good long-term plan, just keep signing up older drivers who haven’t won a championship. Bottas, you’re on the list too !

Last edited:
I have been playing fair and square since day one with Williams not trying to use the flaws of the game - still to this day I'm not sure which developments are most beneficial. It's been quite a bumpy ride but ultimately it took me 3 seasons to fight the Ferraris and RedBull and that's realistic. The car lacks top speed (apparently) but is fast in corners. In my 2025 season, no Vettel, no Hamilton, no Alonso!
Here's the order of influence for car parts. From most to least. In terms of which ones you need to develop, you'll need to check to see how your car's part(s) ranks amongst your rivals from the Car Analysis screen. Then you can determine how you need to develop the part.
  1. Underfloor
  2. Front wing
  3. Rear wing
  4. Suspension
  5. Sidepods
  6. Chassis

New update - sounds good
Nice. Will have to try it out tonight.

Into my third season with Williams and we're in a battle with Merc for 3rd in the standings, somehow. I've turned Schumacher into a pretty quick driver, he regularly makes Q3 now. However I still can't seem to go one race without either him or Piastri making some kind of mistake. :lol: Thankfully the car is quick enough that a lockup or spin doesn't necessarily mean race over for them. Though, it might now with the changes to DRS.

Last edited:
Third season done with Williams. Should have taken some screenshots but I didn't. Third in the constructors, 3 wins overall (two for Piastri and one for Mick) and 7 podiums.

DRS is pretty good now. Still do get the long DRS trains but the car leading the train is necessarily no longer a sitting duck for the car behind. Feels like top speed and acceleration are actually important now.

Got this game for Christmas and love it although it is somewhat overwhelming still with the amount of information thrown at you and what to do and when to do it. It is unexpectedly addicting too. Still in the learning phase having only finished two races.

I picked Williams as my team and Bahrain went as expected, ****. Both cars were dead last over the finish line.

Jeddah went slightly better with putting in proper time in the practice sessions and setting up the car. Albon with 84% setup confidence getting 6th and Latifi with 96% getting 11th. I was hopeful for qualifying and potentially making Q2 but reality kicked in and we ended up P17 and P19.

In the race we finished P16 and P18 respectively. Albon put up a good fight against Vettel in the Aston and the Haas’s but failed to place higher due to the race ending under the SC. Mick took out Ricciardo and Lando crashed out with 6 laps remaining.

Currently scouting for a new driver and head of aerodynamics. Latifi gotta’ go ASAP.

Last edited:
As Aston have followed the overpowered development path IRL (must have been concentrating on the underfloor), it’s more realistic to have them as a year 2 contender now.

Project Seb is rekindled! New AM career commencing. First task, sack Stroll.

Back