F1 Strategy Group Agrees on Plan to Outlaw Shark Fins and T-WingsFormula 1 

This should link to the F1 Technical Info topic.
The article doesn't just cover technical information. That notwithstanding:
Notable events merit their own thread
If something notable occurs during or between races, don't bury it in a general discussion thread, talk about it in its own one. This may result in the topic being discussed in three threads at once (race, general, event), but even we have more important things to worry about than that.
From here.

Anyone have varying photos of differing T-Wing & Shark Fin designs? Sure, we could Google search it. But it would do well with the article & here in the comments as a reference for what this article is speaking of. Especially for those (like myself) who are uncertain of what a T-Wing & Shark Fin is on an Formula 1.

Anyone have varying photos of differing T-Wing & Shark Fin designs? Sure, we could Google search it. But it would do well with the article & here in the comments as a reference for what this article is speaking of. Especially for those (like myself) who are uncertain of what a T-Wing & Shark Fin is on an Formula 1.

TWingTable.jpg

It'd be a shame if the shark fins were to be banned, I think they look so good on the new spec F1 machines. Particularly the fin design that the likes of Toro Rosso and Haas etc run.

Can understand with the T-wings, should they be banned, as they do look a little unsightly, and they is that threat they could cause damage if they flew off; as happened in Bahrain with the Merc's.

But at same time I kind of like how each team has their own version of a T-wing, as I always like it when you see these little aerodynamic discrepancies (similar to how the cars of 2006-2008 were). Something the current regs have produced once more it would seem.

Last edited:
I must be one of the few people who likes both shark fins AND T- wings. I understand banning t-wings on a safety front but shark fins shouldn't have to go anywhere. Imo the 2008 cars were the best looking F1 cars ever and most of them had sharkfins

Shark Fin like the ones on the Toro Rosso and Sauber look great, but the square shaped ones like in the Williams and Force India look terrible.

Back