F1 TV coverage threadFormula 1 

No word about the streaming quality?
Anyway, since my 15€/month current F1 provider (Canal +, in France) still doesn't plan to bring me 4k this year, - not mentioning their laughable catch-up quality - there are 99% chance that i will make the switch to F1TV Pro.

Sky's deal in the UK costs them £200m a season
Wow, Canal + took F1 to TF1 in France a few years ago under the 30m € bar. TF1 even offered lower money than their previous year, all that knowing exactly actual F1 broadcasting revenu.

Last edited:
F1 TV sounds not bad for the avid F1 fan. They can dump whatever satellite cable package they have.

Streaming quality is the big if though, especially with all those different streams of cameras. I wouldn't be able to stand macroblocking while paying that and would just cancel.

I don't mind paying for a streaming service as long as it's commercial free. I would much rather have that than to depend on ESPN.

I would hope that F1's streaming would have better reliability than the WEC service. I've paid for that for the last few years but there is times that it's unavailable for whatever reason or it will freeze up and needs a reboot of the page.

Okay, it might not be TV but I noticed that Jolyon Palmer has joined the BBC analysis team.

Great (!)

Okay, it might not be TV but I noticed that Jolyon Palmer has joined the BBC analysis team.

Great (!)

Finally some experience in the team .

aqNn3w7_460sa.gif

Liberty is cutting it pretty close with the streaming service aren't they? Barely a week to go for the first race and still no word on signing up (at least here in the states). Anybody hear anything yet?

Liberty is cutting it pretty close with the streaming service aren't they? Barely a week to go for the first race and still no word on signing up (at least here in the states). Anybody hear anything yet?

I submitted my email address through the F1 website and I haven't heard anything either. Maybe it's not going to be ready until later in the year.

I had the practice on last night from the ESPN app.. I really miss the crew from NBCSports. Just is not the same. Everything else seems fine though. Happy to have F1 back.

Very first TV broadcast and it's pushed back a whole hour for general sports news. Yeah. Screw espn
Well, we all knew espn would screw this up and in that they did not disappoint. I hope Liberty is watching, we need that streaming service up and we need it up fast!

If you have a cable provider just get the WatchESPN app and watch everything live. I don't get what all the trouble is...

So get a cheap Chromecast or Roku stick and connect it up 👍

Why should anyone have to go out and spend more money just because ESPN doesn't want to air something live?

There is also the issue of streams having issues. Granted I've never used ESPN's streaming service, but I can't imagine they're immune to the issues every other streaming service suffers from on occasion (usually right when something of importance is happening). Than there is the whole fact that people who do still have cable or satellite have them so they don't have to deal with issues like that in the first place.

Alright, keep complaining and assume the worst about the thing I'm telling you works.

I gave you a simple and easy solution and you can use the device for numerous other things so it's not like you're spending money just to watch F1. If you don't want it then too bad, but you have no right to complain unless you're just waxing philosophically on principle alone, in which case it belongs in the Premium Ramblings thread :)

Alright, keep complaining and assume the worst about the thing I'm telling you works.

I gave you a simple and easy solution and you can use the device for numerous other things so it's not like you're spending money just to watch F1. If you don't want it then too bad, but you have no right to complain unless you're just waxing philosophically on principle alone, in which case it belongs in the Premium Ramblings thread :)

It doesn’t matter if it works or not. You shouldn’t have to utilize a workaround just to watch F1 live on TV when you are already paying for the channels they said would do just that!

Okay, but does talking around the problem actually do or change anything? How's that going for ya :)

Yes, it does help, because instead of watching it and giving ESPN another viewer and thus increased ad revenue I’m on here complaining.

But does it help you watch the program you want to watch? My point is your words don't get you any closer to watching what you want to, but actions can. Choose your own adventure, as it were lol

We tried the espn3 stream for free practice 2. Every minute or two there would be a 5 second pause and skip. It was very difficult to watch. The laptop doesn't get a very good wifi signal while in the living room, but I'm not about to drag the whole family into my bedroom for a smaller screen.

We never had any lag issues while watching WEC on the Fox site.

but actions can.

Again, by not watching at all I'm lessening the ad revenue of ESPN, which is the lifeblood of any traditional network. Doing that sends a much bigger message to ESPN than using the app, which only encourages the practice.

If ESPN keeps up like this I'll just go back to having a normal sleep schedule instead of watching F1. It's bad enough getting up at weird hours to watch it live, I'm certainly not doing it when it's running on a delay.

Right, because I was trying to mutter something under my breath... on a public internet forum. Feel free to have last word as I genuinely do not give a crap.

Good day sir.

ESPN's coverage thus far has been awful. I never thought I'd be spending money on the F1 app, but here I am waiting for it to launch.

Back