F1 Winter Testing (2012)

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Hun200kmh, Feb 7, 2012.

1. tribolik

tribolik

I know its a lot older but I just wanted to quote something that most could relate to... and the film was terrible but there where some great drift scenes in it and some nice rides also (liveries aside) IMO

Back on topic - everything is set and P1 starts in a week... now all I need to do is pray for RTL coverage (sometimes I get it but sometimes it says that they dont have the coverage rights in my country) or a good livestream.

2. Pezzarinho17

Pezzarinho17

Marussia have entered a technical partnership with McLaren so I won't be surprised if that includes use of their simulator.

3. csmeteora9

csmeteora9 (Banned)

Well in that case you have a valid point so I apologize! :) You clearly know more about her career than I do; I did look her up but didn't find anything that offered much insight. Although come to think of that itself was probably telling. :ouch:

4. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

From a marketing perspective she has a lot to offer. Due to 'the Alonso factor' Spain has an increasing interest in 4 wheeled motorsport, and especially F1. Her father was also an F1 driver, so she carries the family name. And obviously she's a woman.

5. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Mentions of mobile chicanes.

Oh the frightening memories of Milka Duno. :nervous:

6. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Well the new Renualt Factory support team will need to lose for me to win my bets this up coming week it seems.

Only if testing wasn't...well you know...only if it wasn't so much about testing. Perhaps we could make an accurate guess on who's fastest.

7. Akmuq

Akmuq

Was just watching some of the testing coverage on Sky and was wondering why did the cars sometimes have a sort of mini-pole type thing on top of it?

[​IMG]

Is it to measure wind speeds or humidity or anything?

8. Matty

Matty Premium

Probably to measure wind speed up there to see how effective the front aero is..

Probably way off but it seems to me like a probable reason?

9. Ardius

Ardius

Its to get a more accurate measure of wind speed so they can calibrate the pitot tube on the nose - which is affected by the air disrupted by the front wing.

10. Matty

Matty Premium

So was I kind of right? :p

11. peter_vod69

peter_vod69

It's so Massa can hear clearly when informed of Alonso's superior speed.

12. gorsad

gorsad

:tup: This is the truth

13. Sach

Sach

[​IMG]

I actually like the look of the car in this pic. :odd: Not bothered by the step.

14. peter_vod69

peter_vod69

I'd go so far as to say I like it despite the step - but that goes for most of the cars this year.

15. joetoml1n

joetoml1n

Any one else used to seeing the step by now? To be honest, I quite like some of them now i've seen them enough. Caterhams actually looks really good! And sort of like they chose to design it like that, not becuase of the change in regs. Force India's is an interesting take on the concept. Ferrari's, from some perspectives, makes the car look interesting as it's full of angles. Saubers and to a lesser extent Toro Rosso's are hardly noticable. I dont like Red Bulls or Mercedes though.. Just wondering what everyone elses views are, no we've had a month of looking at them?

16. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

The step seems to compliment the tires on the Ferrari in that angle.

17. gorsad

gorsad

I think the Ferrari should be red and black, like the 90s ones.

18. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

They don't look that bad from the side when in action, but I still haven't grown used to seeing them head-on.

19. Chqr

Chqr

I was wondering too.

That Ferrari looks awesome. Loving the Shell logo on the sidepod. Such a simple and elegant car not like the fancy looking Red Bull car with stripes, flaps and slits in their car chassis. Somehow, I think Ferrari will be 5th in the Constructors' this year. 1) RBR 2) Mclaren 3) Mercedes 4) Lotus 5) Ferrari

EDIT: On the side, the step blends in with the front tires making it seem as if it is an aerodynamic feature rather a questionable FIA safety rule.

20. lemansfanatic

lemansfanatic

Oh you did it now, the bells are ringing in Maranello! Here come the townspeople with torches and pitchforks, better run!

21. Endless-Wilso

Endless-Wilso

I thought it was so he could keep an eye on Hamilton.