F1 Winter Testing (2012)

• Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 440 comments
While I would never advise anyone to quote from one of the fast and the furious films, that quotation is very fitting here.

...because it's a lot older than that.

Which explains why it isn't cheesy.

I know its a lot older but I just wanted to quote something that most could relate to... and the film was terrible but there where some great drift scenes in it and some nice rides also (liveries aside) IMO

Back on topic - everything is set and P1 starts in a week... now all I need to do is pray for RTL coverage (sometimes I get it but sometimes it says that they dont have the coverage rights in my country) or a good livestream.

^Because of this.

I saw her race in Superleague (at Jarama). She was at best a mobile chicane and at worst, bloody dangerous. All the other drivers complained about her to the organisers. Yet she's the only one who raced that weekend with an F1 testing contract in her back pocket now. But who knows, maybe she's improved greatly since then.
Well in that case you have a valid point so I apologize! :) You clearly know more about her career than I do; I did look her up but didn't find anything that offered much insight. Although come to think of that itself was probably telling. :ouch:

Well in that case you have a valid point so I apologize! :) You clearly know more about her career than I do; I did look her up but didn't find anything that offered much insight. Although come to think of that itself was probably telling. :ouch:

From a marketing perspective she has a lot to offer. Due to 'the Alonso factor' Spain has an increasing interest in 4 wheeled motorsport, and especially F1. Her father was also an F1 driver, so she carries the family name. And obviously she's a woman.

Well the new Renualt Factory support team will need to lose for me to win my bets this up coming week it seems.

Only if testing wasn't...well you know...only if it wasn't so much about testing. Perhaps we could make an accurate guess on who's fastest.

Was just watching some of the testing coverage on Sky and was wondering why did the cars sometimes have a sort of mini-pole type thing on top of it?

Felipe+Massa+of+Brazil+and+Ferrari+drives+during+day+two+of+Formula+One+winter+testing+at+the+Circuito+de+Jerez.jpg

Is it to measure wind speeds or humidity or anything?

akmuq
Was just watching some of the testing coverage on Sky and was wondering why did the cars sometimes have a sort of mini-pole type thing on top of it?

Probably to measure wind speed up there to see how effective the front aero is..

Probably way off but it seems to me like a probable reason?

Felipe+Massa+of+Brazil+and+Ferrari+drives+during+day+two+of+Formula+One+winter+testing+at+the+Circuito+de+Jerez.jpg

Its to get a more accurate measure of wind speed so they can calibrate the pitot tube on the nose - which is affected by the air disrupted by the front wing.

Ardius
Its to get a more accurate measure of wind speed so they can calibrate the pitot tube on the nose - which is affected by the air disrupted by the front wing.

So was I kind of right? :P

It's so Massa can hear clearly when informed of Alonso's superior speed.

Any one else used to seeing the step by now? To be honest, I quite like some of them now i've seen them enough. Caterhams actually looks really good! And sort of like they chose to design it like that, not becuase of the change in regs. Force India's is an interesting take on the concept. Ferrari's, from some perspectives, makes the car look interesting as it's full of angles. Saubers and to a lesser extent Toro Rosso's are hardly noticable. I dont like Red Bulls or Mercedes though.. Just wondering what everyone elses views are, no we've had a month of looking at them?

They don't look that bad from the side when in action, but I still haven't grown used to seeing them head-on.

I was wondering too.

That Ferrari looks awesome. Loving the Shell logo on the sidepod. Such a simple and elegant car not like the fancy looking Red Bull car with stripes, flaps and slits in their car chassis. Somehow, I think Ferrari will be 5th in the Constructors' this year. 1) RBR 2) Mclaren 3) Mercedes 4) Lotus 5) Ferrari

EDIT: On the side, the step blends in with the front tires making it seem as if it is an aerodynamic feature rather a questionable FIA safety rule.

Back