F1500 Brands Hatch

• Thread starter Brego
  • 50 comments
United States
United States
Is this the most difficult race in the career mode? I haven't done any endurance races, but I've won every race up to this point other than 2 red bull races which I expect to win next time I try, and the Nostalgia race (3M cr short to buy the car just yet).

So, is this the hardest one? I have finished (in order) 16th, 13th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd (x3), and restarted the race prob 20 times, due to ... just one error. Very annoying.

It's not more difficult than the others, you just need to be smooth and consistent, don't try to go for hot laps every time around just settle on a steady but safe pace and you'll get it

Is this the most difficult race in the career mode? I haven't done any endurance races, but I've won every race up to this point other than 2 red bull races which I expect to win next time I try, and the Nostalgia race (3M cr short to buy the car just yet).

So, is this the hardest one? I have finished (in order) 16th, 13th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd (x3), and restarted the race prob 20 times, due to ... just one error. Very annoying.
It’s easy if you use soft tyres. Use hards and you have to be on your game. However, the way the AI works, if you do hit the front, it’s easy to pull away.

It’s easy if you use soft tyres. Use hards and you have to be on your game. However, the way the AI works, if you do hit the front, it’s easy to pull away.

This event is hard because the car F1500 is undriveable, I had to repeat each race 3-4 times, set traction on 3, put soft tires and be concentrate, no mistakes and maybe you win.

I just tried this for the first time today. Finished 8th at the first attempt, on the second try I was battling for the lead on the last three laps or so. I got brake checked coming on to the back straight by the leader and ended up going off. It's a track/car combo that really seems to suffer from the random power bursts the AI get in GT League. Crawl through corners then out accelerate you on straights.

doesn't seem to be working that way for me. i have made it to the front only a few times, at most by 1 sec, even after 2 laps. hit the grass or rumble strip just once and back in 2nd place almost immediately.

I had one car pass me on the outside going around the hairpin. I was ahead by at least 0.1 going into the turn, and 0.1 or more behind coming out of the turn. Went around me like an LMP passing a Fiat.

I finished gold already, but I gotta say this was easily the hardest race. I have only endurance races left, and I don't expect there will be any challenge whatsoever. Other than dodging AI so I can pick up the clean race bonus. AI doesn't seem to like that little feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
doesn't seem to be working that way for me. i have made it to the front only a few times, at most by 1 sec, even after 2 laps. hit the grass or rumble strip just once and back in 2nd place almost immediately.
Use maximum downforce front & rear. Helps greatly with getting the power down. Don’t use 1st gear, and even in 2nd, be gentle on the throttle, until you hit 3rd. It’s also much easier to pass under braking.

Just tried it on softs there, won first time. Took the lead on lap 9. Fastest lap was a 1:14.0.
My fastest lap on mediums was 1.13.685 with stock downforce. With max downforce 1.11.488.

Last edited:
I thought the Porsche races were tougher because the non race car Porsche's drive like such pigs. I cant believe that Porsche allows their cars to be represented that way by PD, they drive nothing short of awful. Maybe they just need softer springs, NOT!!!!! I dont think a 1973 Cadillac Coupe DeVille had suspension as compliant as the Porsche in GTS.

I thought the Porsche races were tougher because the non race car Porsche's drive like such pigs. I cant believe that Porsche allows their cars to be represented that way by PD, they drive nothing short of awful. Maybe they just need softer springs, NOT!!!!! I dont think a 1973 Cadillac Coupe DeVille had suspension as compliant as the Porsche in GTS.

A lot of people say this, but I don't get it, because I find them to be the most flexible car model in GTS. With most other cars if I go into a corner too hot then I'm fighting understeer all the way through, with the Porsche models however I can just tip them into oversteer and "rally" or "drift" my way through. Once you've got it they are lightning fast - faster than their N class would make you believe.

Best cars in the game IMO.

Last edited:
A lot of people say this, but I don't get it, because I find them to be the most flexible car model in GTS. With most other cars if I go to hot into a corner too hot then I'm fighting understeer all the way through, with the Porsche models however I can just tip them into oversteer and "rally" or "drift" my way through. Once you've got it they are lightning fast - faster than their N class would make you believe.

Best cars in the game IMO.

Maybe the problem is that I have never tried "drifting" them. If you drive it how you expect a car to handle they are awful, I do not think there is another car in GTS that has so much body/suspension movement. With Porsche's racing heritage I guess I just expected something better. Are you using a wheel or the DS4?? I find it tough to catch the car when it starts sliding using a wheel, I think its easier to catch a slide with the DS4 and the magic PD builds into them.

Maybe the problem is that I have never tried "drifting" them. If you drive it how you expect a car to handle they are awful, I do not think there is another car in GTS that has so much body/suspension movement. With Porsche's racing heritage I guess I just expected something better. Are you using a wheel or the DS4?? I find it tough to catch the car when it starts sliding using a wheel, I think its easier to catch a slide with the DS4 and the magic PD builds into them.

That's apparently true in real life as well. I've often heard from people that the first thing you learn when you get a Porsche is how to drive it. The second thing you learn is to only to lend your Porsche to those that already know how to drive one.

I use a wheel, and find no problem with catching a slide - it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's not just wheel movement, you need to use judicious amounts of throttle and brake as well to keep it under control. I guess that's why I find them so much fun.

Use maximum downforce front & rear. Helps greatly with getting the power down. Don’t use 1st gear, and even in 2nd, be gentle on the throttle, until you hit 3rd. It’s also much easier to pass under braking.

My fastest lap on mediums was 1.13.685 with stock downforce. With max downforce 1.11.488.
I didn't make any changes to the set-up. My optimum in the softs was in the 12's somewhere.

I’m finding these races to be challenging as well, running in the 1:16s at Brands. Nowhere near a podium finish. It’s definitely a unique feel to this car and takes some getting used to. Today I tried the MB F1 car races again after a long time and crushed them. The last time I tried the best I managed was 11th. These races will be the same.

I’m finding these races to be challenging as well, running in the 1:16s at Brands. Nowhere near a podium finish. It’s definitely a unique feel to this car and takes some getting used to. Today I tried the MB F1 car races again after a long time and crushed them. The last time I tried the best I managed was 11th. These races will be the same.

I run a lot of downforce on the front of the car, about double whats on the rear, add 1 click of front brake balance and soft tires, that makes a big difference for me.

I hated the F1500 at first and was only trying to crack Brands Hatch at first, came 16th then 15th, went and tried the other races, golded them all, thought "right, I've got the hang of this"

Came back to Brands and got 2nd when I had everything steady with no offs but lost at the last corner, pace sacrificed for stability. Felt like it was nigh on impossible and gave up on Brands Hatch.

I will go back and try the downforce and check what tyres I was using.

Edit: I was already using max DF and Softs. Had another go, and was lapping 1.13's and 1.14's. Fastest 1:13.736, but being cautious not to throw the race going for an all out time. Had 3 cars in front on the final lap, and beat the lead car last turn and over the line with 0.189 to spare. Then I noticed how fast my heart was beating. Phew. Done it. Until they add Catalunya and Tokyo Outer Loop next month ;) j/k

Last edited:
You can also shift up later than the AI gives you a huge advantage when racing them

I run 1:11-1:12 around Brands in the 1500 race. One of the AI cars also ran 1:12 because he had fast lap for a lap or 2 early in the race, but I dont buy it. I would like to see a 1:12 AI lap, I dont think they can go that fast cause they are so slow thru the apex. I was watching some of my replays at BMB in the X Bow when I got crashed and noticed that I was going 165 MPH and the AI car that caught up to me thru turn 2 and hit me was going almost 10 MPH slower, the AI car was going 156 yet he was gaining on me, how is that possible? The slow car boost must just advance the AI cars farther along on track without the car actually going faster. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yeah, gotta admit I see slower cars moving faster through time too. For example I’m about to post a fastest lap in a race in a lap the AI gains on me in every sector....

I know what the OP means, it is certainly one of the more challenging races.

The car is very oversteer prone and likes to slide and squirm when you apply the power.

Add the fact that Brands, in my opinion isn't the best track for that car, and you have a potentially frustrating experience.

However, in the end I think it's about consistency, patience, and knowing where to pass to avoid crashing; mainly because too many off track excursions and spins make it difficult to catch the leader.

But it is do-able once you dial in the very particular handling of that f1 car.

Are you guys dialing in stability control and like TCS 1-3?

I'm surprised PD havent "fixed" this car like they did with the W08?

When I say "fixed" I mean the same way your vet 'fixes' your dog. WHere are they Summer?

I run a lot of downforce on the front of the car, about double whats on the rear, add 1 click of front brake balance and soft tires, that makes a big difference for me.
fastone371, I'm not sure how you do that when it comes to downforce as I am not able to do that on my F1500? The adjustments are not possible or I have misunderstood something here. Cheers :cheers:

Never put that car in a gear lower than third, never. Once I did this the race became much easier. The shifts on that car are horribly slow and it has the torque to pull out of the slowest corners in third.
That worked really well MotorHead Ed, sometimes on a late braking I downshift to 2nd. but while in the turn I'm back in 3rd. before the exit. Worked beautiful for me. Got me the win. My best lap-time was 13.9 and good enough to keep no. 2 and 3 a good distance behind. :) :cheers:

fastone371, I'm not sure how you do that when it comes to downforce as I am not able to do that on my F1500? The adjustments are not possible or I have misunderstood something here. Cheers :cheers:

You cant go to the wrench screen and adjust suspension, diff, downforce, and transmission ratios? There is no BOP and fixed tuning in Campaign League.

Can't say if it's the hardest race for you, that really depends on the player. For me at first it was a tough one, but after a few fails I realized that it was me not being able to drive that thing smoothly and consistently, so I started to raise the down force and just tried to be more smooth and that did the trick, won the F-1500 races with a big margin on number 2.

For me personally the Gr3 endurance race on Bathurst is much tougher. I can hardly match P1's lap times and when I pitted to refuel my thirsty Ferrari the gap to P1 grew dramatically. Now these attempts were all a couple of months ago and I think I saw something written in an update notice about endurance races where AI only pitted for new tires and no fuel was added so I think I need to give those endurance races another go.

Just tried a couple times not going below 3rd gear. I can see how this will help. I will need more practice with this car for sure. I got as high as 4th until I made a mistake and spun in the grass. Still completed higher than my previous best. That said, still a bit slow with my best lap a mid 1:14.

I did the Bathurst race for the first time just yesterday. My first few laps were pretty ragged as it had been a while since I raced there, but I managed the win by a few tenths babying my softs to the end. I used my usual endurance race strategy which is soft tires and full tanks. I'll pit early if I've been too rough on the tires. Using the 911...

Back