F1500 Brands Hatch

• Thread starter Brego
  • 50 comments
Just tried a couple times not going below 3rd gear. I can see how this will help. I will need more practice with this car for sure. I got as high as 4th until I made a mistake and spun in the grass. Still completed higher than my previous best. That said, still a bit slow with my best lap a mid 1:14.

I did the Bathurst race for the first time just yesterday. My first few laps were pretty ragged as it had been a while since I raced there, but I managed the win by a few tenths babying my softs to the end. I used my usual endurance race strategy which is soft tires and full tanks. I'll pit early if I've been too rough on the tires. Using the 911...

I tried Brands Hatch FT1500 race today. the most important thing is to be consistent, I was only lapping in the 1:13's but I won by 7+ seconds. Every lap except the first one and 1 lap in the middle where I decided to test for traction in the sand were 1;13, the 2 slow laps were both 1:18. Work on consistency and you will be fine.

F1500 at Brands Hatch is the only campaign race I haven't won (only 3 tries). My only circuit experience without gold is the 1 lap attack at Nordschleife. The problem is a lack of patience. Both of those take up a lot of time before you know you're not gonna win.

I thought the Porsche races were tougher Because the non race car Porsche's drive like such pigs. I cant believe that Porsche allows their cars to be represented that way by PD, they drive nothing short of awful. Maybe they just need softer springs, NOT!!!!! I dont think a 1973 Cadillac Coupe DeVille had suspension as compliant as the Porsche in GTS.
First learn to drive. Then learn to drive a Porsche ;)

GT3 is real driving pleasure. Everything you would need from enjoying a car up to the limits of oversteer and understeer. Utterly brilliant. Especially the 996.

The 991 GT3 RS endurance races will teach you so much.

You have to alter your driving patterns to the 911.

I get it, I'm so used to FR and MR cars in just about every GT game. That's just the way it is.

This is what this game is about. I have no particular love of the W08 or the x2014 or the F1500 but if you want to complete this game then you have to learn.

Forza is the same way... I am out of my depth with Indycars and the F1 cars and especially the Nascars in GT5/6 but this is the situation we've been given so its our job to adapt.

I know GT Sport seems to put their forte into GT3 and higher end road cars and *some* Gr.1 LMPs and VGTs.

Sometimes you have to do dirt, F1 and 1970s F1.... and the 911 of which there are now many.

One of my favorite car/track combos on GT6. The sound in GT6 was superior as well imho.
Lenghten the gears on the trans, up the front downforce, use soft rear/med front (race tires) and your good to go.

Can't say if it's the hardest race for you, that really depends on the player. For me at first it was a tough one, but after a few fails I realized that it was me not being able to drive that thing smoothly and consistently, so I started to raise the down force and just tried to be more smooth and that did the trick, won the F-1500 races with a big margin on number 2.

For me personally the Gr3 endurance race on Bathurst is much tougher. I can hardly match P1's lap times and when I pitted to refuel my thirsty Ferrari the gap to P1 grew dramatically. Now these attempts were all a couple of months ago and I think I saw something written in an update notice about endurance races where AI only pitted for new tires and no fuel was added so I think I need to give those endurance races another go.
Agree, the main part of Bathurst is very narrow and tight, and requires precision.

It doesn't have the generous run offs and grassy areas that Brands does, and through much of that tight section there is really only one ideal line.

So yes, I definitely agree that Bathurst, especially in the F1 car mentioned, is much more of a challenge.

This guy is not driving particularly smooth or well... it doesnt seem hard in that light, its just you need to 'be one with the car'.

TCS2 ASM on.

Saying that he's well better than me. I need to git gud.

First learn to drive. Then learn to drive a Porsche ;)

GT3 is real driving pleasure. Everything you would need from enjoying a car up to the limits of oversteer and understeer. Utterly brilliant. Especially the 996.

I love the 911 GR3 just like everyone else but the 991 and 996 are awful. Maybe I just dont like them because they drive so different than everything else and they have soooooo much suspension movement, 1 second you're looking at the sky and the next second the tarmac then it wallows side to side like you're on a ship beam to in 20 foot rollers. :eek::eek::scared::scared:

I'll still post it just to give an idea, this is even with cockpit which i personally find a downgrade to drive with

It's not great driving but works.
(Also this was done way before i decided to turn off aids)

Well. 95% through the Campaign and this is one of the last full championships to do (still have a couple of Mazda races from Beginners which I will have to grit my teeth for!!), a couple of races in the Lambo cup (cannot find a Lambo I can get comfortable with) and the big Red Bull 2014 (am hoping I win that as it's been on the table quite a bit recently!). Never seen the F1500 on the table, so paid out for it today.

I think the reason it's hard for me is you can't upgrade it! Yes, I know, upgrading and having an "advantage" in other races is not sportsmanlike - but who cares, I needed the money :). Now it's my driving skills that will make the win.... and they appear to be, sadly, in short supply. :cheers:

Will try a few of the tips in this thread and see how things go....

You can tune transmission to sequential, will change gears faster. If you use 1st and 2nd gears, watch for the wheel spin, be gentle with the throttle.
This will help the car out from tight corners. I have still monza and nb gp open, not even tryed those yet.

You can tune transmission to sequential, will change gears faster. If you use 1st and 2nd gears, watch for the wheel spin, be gentle with the throttle.
This will help the car out from tight corners. I have still monza and nb gp open, not even tryed those yet.
Thanks!

I succeeded with these races before they updated the low speed physics last time so 1st and 2nd gear were useless and you still had to be careful in 3rd. I didn't go lower than 3rd even for hairpins.

It might be a bit different now, as in a bit easier. I was doing the W08 races and noticed a difference in that car. Anyway, the AI in the first three races are very competitive. However for Monza and Nurburgring you'll leave them quite easily.

For the Lambo cup try the Hurracan Gr3. I found it way better than the more powerful road cars due to the grip and brake mods.

Thanks again for that tip..... it makes a massive difference! It handles (and brakes!) so much better (for me) than the high power road cars! I'm making good progress with it. 👍

Slightly cheating IMO but if its in the rulebook then... its not?

I used the 458 GT3 in some of the Cavallino Challanges and the Huracan GT3 in the Raging Bull Challenges.

This is the hardest of the hard to anyone trying to do this. I had also had a similar experience at F1500 Suzuka where I had finished 3rd twice.

Slightly cheating IMO but if its in the rulebook then... its not?

I used the 458 GT3 in some of the Cavallino Challanges and the Huracan GT3 in the Raging Bull Challenges.

Cheating from a common sense race perspective yes. This is the PD version of multi-class racing. Start a slower car much much further ahead and make you chase as if you started the race halfway through after a really bad unknown first half where you're now last. Catch up in whatever you like in this fictional land!

The presumed truth is the AI aren't good enough to match a proper qualifying setup, so if the start was honest, like we can make in Custom races, they'd be crushed.

Back