F2007 Event Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter DaddyVDUB
  • 80 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey the only changes I made to stock setup were ....frt aero 146/ rear aero 199/ dampers frt 4/ rear 6 / 7th gear 1.131 try it out.:sly:

Even according to F1 rules if you keep 2 tires in contact with racing surface curbing is considered part of track , then its not corner cutting.:dunce:

We've been down this road before no-one cares if 2 tires go off, we're talking about full on all 4 tires off the grass and about 10 metres or more from the apex. Not even little cuts with all tires on grass, full on ridiculous cuts. :dunce:

Didn't see thatin the 5-8 races I did last night. I did notice almost everyone slowed down to around 3rd gear speed to enter while i came in at 4th and just smashed the gas and not let off 'till T1. And I'm without Tcs or Abs which keep me going slower as to not mess up and hit the wall like I used to before.

You can get through cleanly at a very high speed, but the fact you can make the huge cut with no penalty annoys me to the point of avoiding the event. Maybe if I had a large GTP turn out i'd consider, but being a pad user i'd get left behind by wheelers.

You can get through cleanly at a very high speed, but the fact you can make the huge cut with no penalty annoys me to the point of avoiding the event. Maybe if I had a large GTP turn out i'd consider, but being a pad user i'd get left behind by wheelers.

Man you come up with these fantastic tunes using a pad,you truly are the man.👍

Oh man I'm at peace with the cutting I've noticed the ones that do that in a lap or two I usually pass them while there spinning around in the grass. And another thing noticed they seem to have all but done away with the penalty for short cutting at Fuji a guy just straight avoided the chicane today just cut straight thru the grass no penalty just kept going.

Last edited:
So I guess no Fuji event to celebrate the 2008 Japanese GP?

Seriously. I was expecting that... huh...

And I really dislike the shortcut barriers at Daytona Road... You can cut that chicane HARD, but put to wheels on the 2nd to last corner before coming back onto the oval from the infield and you'll get 5 seconds. WTF Polyphony?

Ok, now the guy who appearantly accused me of cutting the chicane is doing it blatantly himself. Not only that, when I catch up to him, he keeps ramming me into the wall (with no penalty for him I might add).

His PSNID: rock_on19890

I'm beginning to agree with Dragonistic. This event is utterly lacking, when it comes to imposing penalties. Great event, as long as its free of assholes.

i had the same thing with him. he didn't accuse me of cheating but he is a hack and would ram me as well. he clearly cut corners as often as possable. this race would be great if it wasn't for the kids.:crazy:

Man you come up with these fantastic tunes using a pad,you truly are the man.👍

Thanks, I don't have all that much time anymore though so I may be shutting up shop soon for tuning.

Oh man I'm at peace with the cutting I've noticed the ones that do that in a lap or two I usually pass them while there spinning around in the grass. And another thing noticed they seem to have all but done away with the penalty for short cutting at Fuji a guy just straight avoided the chicane today just cut straight thru the grass no penalty just kept going.

Back on topic, it is funny when that happens, but it's quite easy to just fly straight across if you have any sense (I tried it myself in free run) and stay facing the right direction. Do you mean the cut towards the slow section of Fuji? People used to cut that corner in Fuji 750 a while back, it's been messed up for a while.

Thanks, I don't have all that much time anymore though so I may be shutting up shop soon for tuning.

Back on topic, it is funny when that happens, but it's quite easy to just fly straight across if you have any sense (I tried it myself in free run) and stay facing the right direction. Do you mean the cut towards the slow section of Fuji? People used to cut that corner in Fuji 750 a while back, it's been messed up for a while.

SSSSHHH dont tell everybody.:dunce:

The sector with the chicane is the only area I lose time if I'm behind the leader because they always cut it. I can be gaining on them the whole lap, but when I get to the chicane and race it cleanly, I lose about .5 second.

basilio ( the way he spells it) is a friend and happens to be one of the fastest and honorable F2007 drives out there....

basilio ( the way he spells it) is a friend and happens to be one of the fastest and honorable F2007 drives out there....

i have had mixed results racing him. sometimes he will just straight up hack me and other times we will have a good clean race. most of the incidents were on suzuka though. i have been staying away from this one cause of the cheaters. i hate leading 4 laps and havig a 10 second gap for it to be caought up on the last lap from a cheater that just tries to punt me in the last few corners.

i have had mixed results racing him. sometimes he will just straight up hack me and other times we will have a good clean race. most of the incidents were on suzuka though. i have been staying away from this one cause of the cheaters. i hate leading 4 laps and havig a 10 second gap for it to be caought up on the last lap from a cheater that just tries to punt me in the last few corners.

:cheers:

ok I guess I have to get in here, Basilio ....has helped me with cars and always raced me clean in fact he will get me laughing so hard when he gets ahead of me and then drives around a cutoff and still stays ahead ...THIS IS A GAME having fun is why I play it............race man race for all the fun and kid like antics you can do to make someone laugh...hey one of the best passes me and kicks as much dirt up on my car to make me laugh....lets race and have fun

when you have to wear a fire suit to race then it is time to not play around....say you guys are not wearing driver suits are you...Hey look at Carl Edwards he even said it was from a game when he tried to pass Jimmy on the last lap and bounced off the wall that made me laugh............got to laugh these things off...laugh at yourself.....

Last edited:
thats kinda what i was saying. i race to have fun. when i race i try to run a consisten clean lap, winning is a byproduct. i have no problem loosing to someone that is better than me, thats how i learn, but loosing to some cheat/punter just iritates me. i can't wait for private rooms.

ok I guess I have to get in here, Basilio ....has helped me with cars and always raced me clean in fact he will get me laughing so hard when he gets ahead of me and then drives around a cutoff and still stays ahead ...THIS IS A GAME having fun is why I play it............race man race for all the fun and kid like antics you can do to make someone laugh...hey one of the best passes me and kicks as much dirt up on my car to make me laugh....lets race and have fun

when you have to wear a fire suit to race then it is time to not play around....say you guys are not wearing driver suits are you...Hey look at Carl Edwards he even said it was from a game when he tried to pass Jimmy on the last lap and bounced off the wall that made me laugh............got to laugh these things off...laugh at yourself.....

Methinks your BUD acts a little different when your not watching.:)

Methinks your BUD acts a little different when your not watching.:)

he sure does. i raced him last night. last lap thru the bus stop he cut it blatenly and ghosted thru me and caused me to crash. maybe someone can talk to him and get him to drive a little cleaner all the time. i can tell he has the skill. some might just be there are so many hacks on that race. i raced a new one last night as well Jod79ey or soemthing close to that big time cheater and punter.

ok...everyone......I have always said...if you have a problem with a driver....contact him...and the way in which you contact him will make the difference between a new friend or an enemy. this has worked for me time and time again...and I know it works. because one of you had a problem with one of my friends but after contacting him you have had even a phone conversation with that driver....it works 90% of the time around the world......I use my language translator on the computer in instances where there is a language barrier...........this thread is starting to name too many people and not solving an issue... you do not see me castrating every GTP_ driver who takes me out, I accept it ...contact him ....or laugh it off and keep racing .... I prefer to laugh it off.............that is the way to have the most fun in any online game

i got a reply back from the jod79dy driver with a response i expected. he said he is after that perfect run, to be the best f1 driver there is and if i cant hang with his perfection then i shouldn't race him. that i indeed laughed at. and yes i ussually laugh it off or contact the driver. some i don't bother because i know i am going to get a response like this one. i have had mixed results with contacting them. its just very annoying to try and run a good clean race when all of a sudden bam, you are facing the wrong way because someone used you a brake. its hard to laugh it off when this happens every lap and by the same drivers.

To all that cut the chicane in the back straight and between turn 1 and 2 stay in beginner and let us CLEAN FAST runners have a good race .
I have lost count how meny times someone has tryed to cut to pass me and i still see them behind me at the ex of the chicane SO STAY IN BEGINNER PLZ

You know it would be good if before you could join an online event you had to do a qualifer lap or laps meet a certian time to show your ability before you race.

You know even thought the newbs are cutting the chicane, its still fairly easy to win races here. It happened to me tons of time that almost the whole field cuts every corner they can and yet they still crash it.

No this is a race simulator,if you want that cutting corners stuff go play Need for Speed.

No this is a race simulator,if you want that cutting corners stuff go play Need for Speed.

Exactly:tup: and i ahve more fun if u stay on the track even tohughu u beat me on track. I feel more rewared when i don't cut the track and keep it on the black stuff, don't you?

I raced all day, and everyone raced the same way, gas on the floor through the bus stop. it is a public game so when in Rome, I am going to eat Italian. you guys need to loosen up a bit and stop trying to police the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back