F40 horrible!

• Thread starter Sydbom
  • 153 comments
Please share with us how you fixed the camber issue in GT6.

Fixed? Who said I fixed the "camber issue in GT6"? There's nothing to share wrt to camber, since I didn't seek to "combat the camber issue" in the first place. I simply sought to reduce the tendency to spin out or otherwise misbehave at reasonable speeds, using the tools at my disposal within this game.

Use the turbo lag as a form of traction control. When you downshift into the higher revs, you create wheelspin. Keep the revs low and you shouldn't have a problem.

Am I the only one that has 0 problems with the F40?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I dont have any problems either and its only got slightly upgradedintake, exhaust and catalyst and its great fun!

Love the game!

But, just threw away 450.000 in the game on the f40 only to spin out in the first few metres testdriving my new pride and joy!

Its basically totally undriveable!
Tried with a controller since the tailhappy cars are not really possible to drive with the 900 degree dfp, but it was WORSE with that!

Only real lap I could get out of it was with the wheel in 200 degree mode and almost breaking it wringing it out like a madman!!!
And that was also with mods for 70.000+! Soft racing wheels!

Is there any way to get it driveable?!
Turned on traction control and skid recovery but didnt help any!

No way to test a car before buying with my dearly payed time ( ingame money is my work time just like in real life ) makes me want to just stop playing this altogether!
I mean, whats the point?! Slaving away for nothing!
The f40 is now just a 450.000 statue that looks like an f40!

-----------------
UPDATE SOLVED IT:

Well thanks to the other threads about midengined cars behaving very strangely, R8 and stratos,
I SOLVED IT!!!! :)

Well I dont know the problem but the sollution!

Different tires front and back completely takes away ALL problems!!!
Only tested sports hard in front and sports soft in the back and drove about 15 laps on brands hatch and the car didnt flip around or behaved strangely once!
Instead its now full of adjustability ( if that is a word ) and you can powerslide it fantastically if you want to and REALLY push it to the limit!
BUT.... It lost the crazy turn in, but I can drive it just as fast if you look at the times, maybe a little bit slower, did put in a really fast time yesterday with a suspension tune that was faster but dont remember what tires I had on then.

Gonna find the perfect combination of tires for this cars back and front to make it turn in AND stick to the road!

My guess, the physics engine dont calculate tire width correctly and adjust grip accordingly.... Maybe...
There is a reason Midengined cars have FAT rear tires.

Well, its solved anyway!
:)
Raced my little F40 like the little racer it is! Its great now!
I love how breaking loose the tires with the throttle feels in this game! And how the grip comes back instantly when releasing again :)[/QUOT

Love the game!

But, just threw away 450.000 in the game on the f40 only to spin out in the first few metres testdriving my new pride and joy!

Its basically totally undriveable!
Tried with a controller since the tailhappy cars are not really possible to drive with the 900 degree dfp, but it was WORSE with that!

Only real lap I could get out of it was with the wheel in 200 degree mode and almost breaking it wringing it out like a madman!!!
And that was also with mods for 70.000+! Soft racing wheels!

Is there any way to get it driveable?!
Turned on traction control and skid recovery but didnt help any!

No way to test a car before buying with my dearly payed time ( ingame money is my work time just like in real life ) makes me want to just stop playing this altogether!
I mean, whats the point?! Slaving away for nothing!
The f40 is now just a 450.000 statue that looks like an f40!

-----------------
UPDATE SOLVED IT:

Well thanks to the other threads about midengined cars behaving very strangely, R8 and stratos,
I SOLVED IT!!!! :)

Well I dont know the problem but the sollution!

Different tires front and back completely takes away ALL problems!!!
Only tested sports hard in front and sports soft in the back and drove about 15 laps on brands hatch and the car didnt flip around or behaved strangely once!
Instead its now full of adjustability ( if that is a word ) and you can powerslide it fantastically if you want to and REALLY push it to the limit!
BUT.... It lost the crazy turn in, but I can drive it just as fast if you look at the times, maybe a little bit slower, did put in a really fast time yesterday with a suspension tune that was faster but dont remember what tires I had on then.

Gonna find the perfect combination of tires for this cars back and front to make it turn in AND stick to the road!

My guess, the physics engine dont calculate tire width correctly and adjust grip accordingly.... Maybe...
There is a reason Midengined cars have FAT rear tires.

Well, its solved anyway!
:)
Raced my little F40 like the little racer it is! Its great now!
I love how breaking loose the tires with the throttle feels in this game! And how the grip comes back instantly when releasing again :)
Tune it and it handles well

Back