Fake / fantasy cars in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter goukipau
  • 56 comments

Do you want 'fake' cars again in Gran Turismo 6 ?

• Yes - I do not mind!

Votes: 84 65.6%
  • No - real cars only!

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Huh, I do not know what 'fake' cars are

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
There is actually quite a lot that can be done with the X1 even if its performance remains unchanged. Planes generally have the ability to fly themselves over their limits, this includes small private Cessnas, jet liners, and fighters. However, there is instrumentation to alert the pilot when limits are approached, and sometimes computer intervention.

The X1 should have a g meter in it somewhere, not the really bad, hard to read horizontal line, but a useful one that actually goes high enough to tell you the g on fast corners. They could also add audible warnings for the car when it's nearing structure or tire limits. When the limits are exceeded, a built in computer could restrict the car's speed.

One problem people have with the X1 is expecting it to be able to act like other cars, but it doesn't necessarily have to. Huge performance can come with limitations, if not then someone would have probably tried putting a 8000 hp drag racer engine in a circuit car by now.

Undoubtedly but what I meant was having races possible in length and basically the same skillset (or more accurately physical strength/fitness/stamina) needed as current F1 races but without having all the current regulations, I mean that's basically the question people have been asking for years and which exact question I think they (at least initially) were trying to give a possible answer to, even though the F1 part obviously isn't mentioned.

That would ofcourse mean the car would be significantly faster than a current F1 car and the skills needed to drive perhaps need to be adjusted or relearned but it wouldn't be designed to go as fast as the X2010 if the design brief included being able to be driven by real people in real life and not only in a videogame.
It would be a natural limitation which they didn't take into account when designing the X2010 (at least not on most tracks) and which I wish they did.

That would ofcourse mean the car would be significantly faster than a current F1 car and the skills needed to drive perhaps need to be adjusted or relearned but it wouldn't be designed to go as fast as the X2010 if the design brief included being able to be driven by real people in real life and not only in a videogame.
It would be a natural limitation which they didn't take into account when designing the X2010 (at least not on most tracks) and which I wish they did.

The X1 could still be the answer to that though. If the manufacturers were told win at all costs, they would make the fastest car, even if it was able to out do the driver. It would then either be the driver's job to keep himself conscious, or the car would have built in measures like I described.

The racing could look a lot like professional long distance running where the cars are driving well under the limit for the first 95% of the race, but when the white flag drops, the drivers turn off their limiters and sprint for the finish at insane speed.

PD could even model this, as flight sims do. Drive the X1 too fast, and your screen begins to darken. Keep it up and the screen goes black while the controls don't respond until you wake up.

I think that there are only two ways that you'll have "ultimate" cars less extreme than the X1. The first would be would be to have some sort of regulations limiting cars, but then that would defeat the point. The second would be an extremely grueling endurance race or race track where outright speed won't win.

PD could even model this, as flight sims do. Drive the X1 too fast, and your screen begins to darken. Keep it up and the screen goes black while the controls don't respond until you wake up.

Actually that would be a great idea, an added natural limitation just like a flight sim even though it would probably cause carnage in online rooms. :lol:

lets include some fantasy cars :D

Disney_toys_cars_Mater.jpg

I like fantasy but realistics cars. For example, the Polyphony Formula MUST be in the game, and premium. I like too some fantasy LM cars or rally cars. On the other hand, cars like the X201x or the Nike ONE '22 don't deserve a place in the game.

Yes fantasy cars should be in the game! It makes the game more special and interesting in my opinion 👍

I'll take a few fantasy cars every day of the week. it's a GT tradition. GT3 had the F1 cars... come on, everyone loved the F094/h. GT4 had the Nike one (one hell of a concept car) , that jet powered toyota race car thing ( hated it, but it was different) and the FGT made it's debut in GT4. Fantasy cars make the game fun. Throw in all the cool supercars that everyone's been asking for... koniggsegg, SSC ultimate aero, maybe porsche, and then give us back our FAST fantasy cars like the GT3 edition of the S2000 LM race car. I LOVED that thing. 986 hp, 0-200 in less than 10 seconds and handled like a beast. Just tweak the PP calculations to better fit what the car can really do and then open up the throttle. Stop nerfing our favorite cars. And PLEASE give us back our classic tracks. Seattle circuit was the $hit in GT3.

to me they have to remove the red bull x2010\2011 nothing else
the touring cars are fine but next gt put then with cockpit view

+1 Google.

For the ill-educated 1 Google is 1 followed by 100 zeros. Yes. That's what Google's named after.

And for the even more ill-educated, 1 followed by a hundred 0's is called a googol, not a google.

Nothing better than someone trying to look clever and failing.

And, for the OP, as long as the cars are realistic then there is no reason why we shouldn't have fantasy cars.

LM, RM and TC cars help get around licensing problems.

Last edited:
Talking about fantasy cars, here's one which I miss a lot :(

And imagine driving the Nike One in cockpit view :drool:

I believe fantasy cars should remain in GT 👍

And, for the OP, as long as the cars are realistic then there is no reason why we shouldn't have fantasy cars.

LM, RM and TC cars help get around licensing problems.

Pretty much this.

Realistic fantasy cars, not overpowered insane UFO's like the X1's.

McSoap

It wouldn't be so bad if we had to purchase DLC cars in game as well as the PSN store...there would be less "noobs" ramming into you in 1500hp feathers...

The Red Bulls are already modelled and can easily be blocked from online lobbies. There is little point in removing them from GT6 as it won't affect those who don't want them/use them, but it will upset the thousands of other users who like them.

As for fake cars, the more the merrier. Imagine a load of F1, Indycar, LMP, Group C, Rally Cars, GT cars that PD cannot officially licence, being added to the game. RUF LM (Basically a fake Porsche 911 FIA GT car) anyone? Or even a complete fake, thats just a generic car. You could have a single seater that was a combination of 90's CART and Indycar regulations.

Pretty much this.

You know the X2010 is realistic, right? Every aspect of it already exists in reality. In fact, some of the stuff like the vacuum suction to the track was done in Formula One several decades ago, but almost immediately banned. The X2010's power is realistic, its weight is realistic, its shape is similar to real cars like the Caparo T1, and features like the track suction appeared in the real world decades ago. If Formula One didn't have the restrictions that it did, and if we could ensure that drivers don't black out from ridiculous G-forces, that's what F1 cars would be today.

"How do you reckon the weight is realistic?" Formula One cars weigh more, but only because a bunch of ballast is added to bring them up to the minimum weight requirement of the series. Some F1 cars would weigh less than 1000 pounds if not for the ballast bringing them up to weight requirements. "But the X2010 isn't a Formula One car." No, it's a Formula One car with a window over the cockpit and a bit of bodywork thrown over the wheels to reduce drag. The X2010 weighs 1200 pounds, which is at least a couple hundred more than what some F1 cars weigh before the addition of ballast.

"How can they get that much power in a car so light?" F1 cars get something like 800 horsepower from a 2.4-liter normally-aspirated engine. If not for tight restrictions, we'd see far more power from engines a fraction of the size of American muscle engines. You don't need a 12-liter W16 the size of a refrigerator to get a bunch of power.

You know the X2010 is realistic, right? ....

I still think the X1's are far to unrealistic compared to what should be in the Gran Turismo series.

Gran Turismo should be about everything from the daily driver's car to race cars, but I think the X1's are just ruining the experience.

X1 specs may be realistic, but I don't believe it's actual performance.

No tyre compound to my knowledge could put up with that..

In fact, some of the stuff like the vacuum suction to the track was done in Formula One several decades ago, but almost immediately banned.

Formula One, as well as the 1970's prototype series. The Chaparral 2J is equipped with a second, snowmobile engine which it uses as a vacuum. I did a report on 'sucker' cars. And like you said, it was, in fact, banned.

All the cars from Initial D, particularly the latest incarnation on Keisuke's RX-7 with the Re-Amemiya bodykit, and Takumi's 250hp Formula Atlantic powered ae86.

I still think the X1's are far to unrealistic compared to what should be in the Gran Turismo series.

Gran Turismo should be about everything from the daily driver's car to race cars, but I think the X1's are just ruining the experience.

Just like 1000hp muscle cars, but people want that in games.

A non restricted formula1 would be closer to F-Zero than to 2012 F1.

Current Pirellis are made to meet the F1's requirements. They said right now tires could have much more grip and much more durability if they wanted to.

Last edited:
There's the problem. You have no idea why the X1 is realistic (or not) just because you don't understand it, so it label it incorrectly. It's the same thing as the FGT.

PD should not remove a good car if people are against it for basically no reason.

????

Take it up with GT5's physics engine that makes the same amount of sense with all cars, or have I missed those Samba buses that can pull 1.5 g in corners just by changing the tires?

You have to remember that GT5 is not accurate. This lack of accuracy will apply to the X1 as much as it does other cars as long as the X1 was designed outside of GT5, as it appears it was.

And if no tires in real life could stand up to the X1 cornering forces, how would that effect the rest of the car in anyway? It would still be capable of generating the forces that allows it to turn as hard as it does. If this tire modeling issue was fixed, you could get the same car, you would just have to drive it slower.

Back