FAKE NEWS? You haven't seen the real thing yet.

I don't need to prove a negative. A responsible piece of non-fake news coverage would come with a caveat that the footage they are looking at is not linked to the current story and is historic footage. Then Merkley comes on and says it's policy that water is the first priority but he doesn't know that's being done so you need a committee to find out and that turning water over in the desert is the same as sentencing someone to death. At 1:10 Joy Reid links the dumping of water from the video directly to the Trump administration. Clearly fake news.

Okay, using a still from your "original", who was President on this date?

trumperaornot.jpg

Update on Claas Relotius, CNN Journalist of the Year for 2014, aka Mr. Fake News 2018. Turns out he's a thief too, allegedly.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ter-faces-criminal-complaint-syrian-children/

Influential German news weekly Der Spiegel said Sunday it would file a criminal complaint against a disgraced reporter after it emerged he may have embezzled donations intended for Syrian street children.

Claas Relotius, 33, resigned this month after admitting to making up stories and inventing protagonists in more than a dozen articles in the magazine's print and online editions.

Spiegel said it now had information that Relotius allegedly launched a campaign for readers to give money to help subjects of an article he wrote but that the bank details he gave directed the funds to his own account.

"Der Spiegel will give all the information it collects to public prosecutors as part of a criminal complaint," it said on its website.

Does anyone still refer to Lance Armstrong as a seven times winner of the Tour De France since he was stripped of his titles for cheating? If not, then doubling down on emphasising Claas Relotius's similarly annulled CNN awards may itself be misrepresenting the truth a little. It's not like they colluded in his deception any more than Forbes did when they highlighted him as an up and comer.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/20/media/claas-relotius-spiegel/index.html
CNN
A spokesman for CNN said Thursday that the 2014 awards jury held a meeting after Der Spiegel went public with its investigation, and voted unanimously to strip Relotius of both awards.
Forbes identified Relotius as a top reporter last year, including him on a "30 Under 30" list for European media.

However, it looks like members of the far right are having a field day using him as an excuse to paint the whole of the press as dishonest liars just like their Nazi forebears did back in the day.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...piegel-reporter-claas-relotius-returns-awards
Guardian
Martin Sellner, of the Identäre Bewegung in Austria, part of the far-right “identitarian” movement, described the scandal as “phenomenal” and “spectacular”. In a YouTube post, Sellner said Relotius had been exposed as a “representative of the lügenpresse”, or lying press, a term used widely during the Nazi era to denounce the media, and now in broad use among far-right populists.

“This is a good day,” Sellner said, “because it exposes what we’ve known for a long time, namely that the lying press is not only the lying press, which presents things incorrectly, distorted, covers up …. but also quite simply that it makes up stories.”

Last edited:
No, he isn't.

CNN

He also penned a feature for Swiss magazine Reportagen, for which he received two CNN Journalist Awards in 2014, including Journalist of the Year. The CNN Journalist Awards were for German-language journalism and decided by an independent jury. The last awards were given in 2015.

CNN

He also penned a feature for Swiss magazine Reportagen, for which he received two CNN Journalist Awards in 2014, including Journalist of the Year. The CNN Journalist Awards were for German-language journalism and decided by an independent jury. The last awards were given in 2015.
Your link says he was stripped of both awards.

I know this, because I just posted the same link two posts above.

Anything is possible. Who do you think might have faked it and why?
Some people - not me - think there never was any drone, and the whole thing was a hoax by Gatwick personnel MI5/MI6 in order to secure new legislation against drones.

Last edited:
Would this be part of an ongoing campaign by Gatwick personnel?

I don't really see why they would be opposed to drones, other than the ones illegally flown at airports.

However, I'm sure the truth is out there somewhere.

Touché. I was very sloppy in implying that persons directly employed by the Gatwick airport had the major role in creating or implementing government policy as regards drone regulation in the UK. However, I believe it been acknowledged that MI5 and MI6 had taken a role in handling the incident, and are also intimately connected with the course of drone regulation.

However, I believe it been acknowledged that MI5 and MI6 had taken a role in handling the incident, and are also intimately connected with the course of drone regulation.
I don't even know why I'm asking this, because the answer will be some ridiculous conspiracy claptrap, but why would MI6, the foreign intelligence arm of our security services, be involved in a domestic incident, or care about UK drone regulations?

You know all this nonsense about there being no drone has come about because Sussex Police's Detective Chief Superintendent Jason Tingley simply said that he couldn't discount the possibility of there being no drone because he was working with eyewitness accounts only and no physical evidence of drones, which is the sort of thing a rational person would say?

And no, it's not "fake news", because it isn't made-up rubbish being reported as fact by the news outlets that made it up, so there's no real reason to spread your conspiracy drivel on the topic beyond the thread it's already in. Not that there's much reason for it to be in that thread either.

The Claas Relotius thing though... that meets the definition of "fake news". He made up stories, and sections of stories, and Der Spiegel accepted them and printed them as fact.

The Claas Relotius thing though... that meets the definition of "fake news". He made up stories, and sections of stories, and Der Spiegel accepted them and printed them as fact.
I don't think anyone is disputing this.

I am enjoying reading Fox News for a "balanced" view of US news. It's a fascinating one-sided book end to the increasingly one-sided coverage of CNN.

However, when even Fox comes up with this headline:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...bi-doj-bias-against-trump-in-favor-of-clinton

you know the GOP has a big, fat nothing burger ... along with pizza gate, uranium one, Benghazi etc.

Imagine how a gay "real" journalist (shep Smith) feels listening to his "balanced" colleagues.

Imagine how a gay "real" journalist (shep Smith) feels listening to his "balanced" colleagues.
Not sure what this is even supposed to mean. What does Shep's sexuality have to do with anything?

Conservatives have historically been uncomfortable with lgbtq rights.

That wasn't the question. What does Shep's sexuality have anything to do with the specific staff he works with at Fox? This is a compilation of snippets. Without context you can't make any claims about Shep's colleagues and his relationship with them. It also features only one or two current employees at Fox, none of whom are speaking.

That wasn't the question. What does Shep's sexuality have anything to do with the specific staff he works with at Fox? This is a compilation of snippets. Without context you can't make any claims about Shep's colleagues and his relationship with them. It also features only one or two current employees at Fox, none of whom are speaking.

I answered your question, but you refuse to accept the answer. Fox news is a conservative news outlet and conservatives have historically been uncomfortable with LGBTQ rights. You know this as well as I do, but you are choosing to act ignorant as if a gay news anchor is not very remarkable for a channel like Fox news. But you are right that him being gay should not have to do with anything, however he is not as conservative as his pears at Fox.

I answered your question, but you refuse to accept the answer. Fox news is a conservative news outlet and conservatives have historically been uncomfortable with LGBTQ rights. You know this as well as I do, but you are choosing to act ignorant as if a gay news anchor is not very remarkable for a channel like Fox news. But you are right that him being gay should not have to do with anything, however he is not as conservative as his pears at Fox.
You're making a specific allegation about Shep and Fox News and backing it up with generalities. "It's true somewhere so it must be true here". That isn't sufficient evidence IMO. Let's see your direct evidence of any anti-gay bias towards Shep at Fox News.

You're making a specific allegation about Shep and Fox News and backing it up with generalities. "It's true somewhere so it must be true here". That isn't sufficient evidence IMO. Let's see your direct evidence of any anti-gay bias towards Shep at Fox News.

Happy New years by the way.

Lol what "allegation"? I never claimed anti gay bias did I? That would already be debunked with Shep being a Fox employee!

So your new years didnt go very well??Dont look for controversy where there isnt dude. I already stated you were right and him being gay doesnt have to do with anything. And you can quote me on that.

Talking about "fake News": https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-washington-post-fact-checking-a8706141.html

Last edited:
Back