Falcon787Bs GT2 Race Diary

• Thread starter Falcon787B
  • 105 comments
Good to see you're still around Parnelli! The original who inspired me to add some spice to traditional race reports (yes folks, you've got him to blame for my knack of dodgy jokes and such in my reports :sly: only kidding).
Good to see your story is still coming on strong! I'll check it out when I get a chance, I'm quite busy now.
Back on topic...I've randomly had an idea to use an old Corvette Stingray in an enduro, which one do you reckon that would work best in for a good close race?

None. I've tried several muscle cars, such as Dodge Charger, Corvette Stingray, and none of them worked great. They just handled so badly. You'll need to tune a lot for a good close race.

I'm thinking I will have a real advantage in the horsepower aspect, but the handling will keep me back. Could work, I would enjoy it meself, simply because of the engine noise :D

Well muscle cars are very heavy,and even if you tune the power to max, you will need to do stage 3 weight reduction, and remember Apricot Hill endurance has a power limit of 600ps. Also I think their tyres are SOOO small.. they don't oversteer..they understeer.. and the tyres are screaming every corner, and will turn red soon, and you'll be lapped..

Hey, I think being lapped is a bit extreme pal :P But I hear your point, they are tricky beasts to handle. All the more challenge :D Parnelli, didn't you say that you once raced a Superbird up against ol' Jaws?

Yeah, whenever I upgrade a muscle car, I always focus on the handling, because power is those car's natural strength, so whack on a suspension upgrade and some sports tyres and youve improved the handling twice over straight away :P

Good to see you're still around Parnelli! The original who inspired me to add some spice to traditional race reports (yes folks, you've got him to blame for my knack of dodgy jokes and such in my reports :sly: only kidding).
Good to see your story is still coming on strong! I'll check it out when I get a chance, I'm quite busy now.
Back on topic...I've randomly had an idea to use an old Corvette Stingray in an enduro, which one do you reckon that would work best in for a good close race?

I used a C4 with racing kit to finish the SS Route 5 endurance. NOt exactly old, but it's certainly possible to try and use some older models. A C2 or C3 ('69) in the Trail Mountain or Apricot Hill endurance might be interesting. I don't remember if I ever drove a C2 or any other generation for an endurance. Probably have at some point.

What about something completely diffrent, for example Fiat 500, Subaru 360..? I doubt it'll win even after tuned to max :D

It's very possible to win using a kei car in the Trail Mountain endurance, even if the Lotus shows up. I used a Subaru Pleo to do just this long ago. 👍

It's very possible to win using a kei car in the Trail Mountain endurance, even if the Lotus shows up. I used a Subaru Pleo to do just this long ago. 👍

That's not the same thing.. Have you ever driven Subaru 360? It has a VERY narrow powerband, and to start it may take 10 second(after tuned max!) Fiat 500 would be better.

Good to see you've revived this Falcon! 👍

And kudos to you Parnelli, I really want to try that in the Pleo now, how close was that race? :crazy:

Haha, thanks Aremburgkerve! Youve been quite a fan of these races havent you? :)
Im still planning for my return...I might take on Apricot Hill again, and go Jaws-hunting once again...that was such a fun race, but I think it can be potentially even more exciting...:scared: Yoshimura has promised to send me a savegame he has. when I get it I'll be back running :D

AAAh..bad..even a fully modified Subaru 360 is overkill in Trial Mountain 30Laps.. I lapped all cars but the Lotus Elise.. I did 1:40-1:41 per lap and Elise seemed to do 1:42-1:43

Littlekevin, the thing is...was the Elise you were racing a 111S or a 190? IT sounds like it was a 111S, if it was a 190 you probably wouldn't have beaten it full stop. Am I right Parnelli? From past experiance (check back to my Trial Mountain race report in this thread) I ran against an Elise which was much slower than expected, and it was only at the END of the race that I found out that it was a 111S! :ouch:

Oops.. I didn't notice that.. one of the worst thing in GT2 is you don't even know what you're racing against until you finish the race.. maybe I'll try to do it again tomorrow. And what's the lap time of 190 Elise?

Yeah, its so annoying. Ive yet to make my return trip to Trial Mountain for the showdown with the 190:nervous: I can't remember the exact laptime, but Im sure it's sub-1:10, definatly. Parnelli will know for sure 👍

Good to see you've revived this Falcon! 👍

And kudos to you Parnelli, I really want to try that in the Pleo now, how close was that race? :crazy:

I dont' remember. It's probably in my journal, tho. :crazy:

Yea, sorry Mazda787B, little kevin. & amberkurke, I don't remember anything...I'd have to dig it out of my one of my journals. I can assure you it was probably a close race. I never do boring races in which I 'm acres ahead of 2nd place, even back in my GT2 days.

Off topic: jeez, look at the GT2 forum coming to life! :)

Off topic: jeez, look at the GT2 forum coming to life! :)

Yeah, I noticed that :) It's up to us oldskool-types to keep GT2 alive and well! :sly:

On topic: Phone, I think thats a glitch in the V1.0 version of the game, where occassionally a Vector M12 LM would show up and dominate the race :crazy:. If I'm right, that was only in the early glitched version of the game, and they fixed it pretty quickly.

Yeah, I noticed that :) It's up to us oldskool-types to keep GT2 alive and well! :sly:

On topic: Phone, I think thats a glitch in the V1.0 version of the game, where occassionally a Vector M12 LM would show up and dominate the race :crazy:. If I'm right, that was only in the early glitched version of the game, and they fixed it pretty quickly.

Yup. If the Vector shows up in your game, you've got version 1.0 :indiff:

Yup. If the Vector shows up in your game, you've got version 1.0 :indiff:

...and you're also screwed, more than likely. I wonder if anyone has got the M12...AND BEATEN HIM? That's got to be the most epic victory in GT history?! Maybe Smallhorses did it once, before he started gobbling up the 200 A-Spec points on GT4 :sly:

That Vector is cursed, i tell ya. I remember the first time I did the TM Enduro (in a fully tuned Trueno), the Vector showed up but I didn't notice it was there since it basically disappeared after the first turn. So I trundled for 30 laps in 2nd place, thinking I was in 1st place because there's no one else in front of me :lol:. I'm not sure how I didn't notice the position indicator showing 2/6 lol. It wasn't until the end of the race (when the final positions showed up) that I realised I lost! Got me quite depressed there, because I thought the Vector is going to be in every race, and there's no way I'm gonna win. But I restarted and it's gone. I was like WTH is with this game :lol:.

Ahem, enough with nostalgia. So, to answer your question Falcon, I think it's possible to beat the Vector, albeit very hard and not worth the effort I think. You would need a very fast accelerating car to get to 1st at the start, and block him for the rest of the race, and also pitting at the same time as him to make sure you get back in front again. I tried doing this with a Motorsport Elise (or was it a tuned normal Elise?, I forgot) once, but failed. I was so busy swerving right and left to block him my tires got worn out very quickly, making it impossible to drive properly, let alone held back a 600 horsepower monster.

If anyone wants to attempt this, you have my full support 👍.

Does the Vector take any pitstops? If it takes more than one, it might be possible to take it if you've got a car with as much power as can fit, a racekit, and only takes a single pitstop. :bowdown: You'd have to be doing gold-level driving the entire time, too. :scared:

Hmmm....might be possible...I hope no-ones hinting that it might be my next challenge...I shouldn't have said anything should I? :scared: I might give it a crack, when I've got a bit more practice under my belt - I'm way off what would be needed. In fact, who WOULD be able to put in gold-level laptimes every single lap?! :crazy:

Does the Vector take any pitstops? If it takes more than one, it might be possible to take it if you've got a car with as much power as can fit, a racekit, and only takes a single pitstop. :bowdown: You'd have to be doing gold-level driving the entire time, too. :scared:

It takes at least one pitstop. I'm not sure if it takes a second stop because it's so far ahead of me by that time.

Hmmm....might be possible...I hope no-ones hinting that it might be my next challenge...I shouldn't have said anything should I? :scared: I might give it a crack, when I've got a bit more practice under my belt - I'm way off what would be needed. In fact, who WOULD be able to put in gold-level laptimes every single lap?! :crazy:

Haha, it's ok mate. No one's forcing you to do it now :). Take your time to pratice 👍. As for who could put gold level laptimes every lap, I remember Sucahyo had this autopilot program on his epsxe (sort of like B-spec in GT4). Maybe he can configure it to run at gold level laptimes and see the result. If he ever comes back here of course.

Haha, I'm glad, because even though I have a savegame now, my Epsxe is not working properly - my directional buttons aren't functioning in the game :ouch: I shall endevour to fix this ASAP, and I promise you guys, the newest chapter in my race diary will be up very soon! I'm visualising another run at the TM Enduro, this time, waiting for the 190 to show it's face...:scared:

Latest Posts

Back