Falcon787Bs GT2 Race Diary

• Thread starter Falcon787B
  • 105 comments
Hey maniak, do you have those diaries to hand? I'd love to read them at some stage...:)

By the way, I'm back! (again) Sorry for my absence yet again, my final year of secondary school has meant that all gaming of any kind has been put on the backburner, but I've managed to get coursework off my back, so I've got some time free now to do some racing...and reading through this thread again, I've got plenty of ideas for potential races flooding back...:)

Parnelli, you still here bro? :D

YEa I'm still around. There was a lack of people posting here for many months but now it seems GT2 is having a small revival. :) LeGeNd-1 and AAZ and others who were around a few months ago seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. :crazy:

Hey Parnelli! Was hoping you'd still be around! Good to see you again :)

Ahh, shame, hope Legend and AAZ arrive back soon, I remember they would frequent quite regularly...I actually used AAZ's savegame quite frequently as it goes...hmmm, anybody else want to donate a half-decent savegame? :P

Anyway, yeah, I've just been looking around, it's seriously been so long since I've actually properly been here. Does anybody know if old threads are archived or something? Because I went through and I couldn't find my race report from a race I did at the Test Course that I posted on here...wouldn't mind reading it again as it goes :P Any ideas?

Old threads should still be here. Try searching for threads you've specifically created, that should narrow it down because I don't think you've started too many threads.

Old threads should still be here. Try searching for threads you've specifically created, that should narrow it down because I don't think you've started too many threads.

Thanks mate, just found them. I was looking for our old threads with the Test Course and such, memories flooding back, such as AAZ beating the Turbo Car Cup at the Test Course in an RM'ed Fiat Coupe (cue our mouths all dropping open in shock)...good times :)

I'm getting plenty of ideas back now for the Trial Mountain enduro race, I'm having ideas for potential cars flooding back now reading through this thread, the SilEighty I used first time round, the Trueno, your incredible Pleo...and then we've got the Apricot Hill enduro, with Jaws :scared: I'm thinking of taking my Prelude there from the very first enduro I did in this thread...279hp and sports tyres, enough to take on the legendary GT40?

Everything is (or was) on granturismo.pl. When the site will back, I will try translate my race diaries.

Excellant, I look forward to reading them :D

It's good to see people still posting around here. GT2 has something special that will keep me coming back to race on it again and again. GT3 has as well to a similar degree, but nowhere near as much as GT2...even when I eventually get a PS3 and throw myself headfirst into the HD 3D whatever-elseD carnage of GT5, I'll still break out GT2 every now and again :)

Haha! Someone's gotta keep these old classics alive :D

The thing is, these games are just too good to be forgotten. I still play PS1 games on a regular basis. For example, for my 18th birthday, I used some of my birthday money to not get a PS3 or XBox360 or something, but to get some old PS1 games that Ive only ever like borrowed or played demos of - Ridge Racer Type 4, Team Buddies, Spyro 3 Year of the Dragon, Worms World Party (still one of my favourite games of all time :D)...loads of stuff like that. I'm just oldskool. I love gameplay, I do dig great graphics like on the PS2 GTs and PS3 and Xbox and stuff, but the old games are equally special regardless of the technology limitations - sometimes thats what makes them special. For example, I love playing the Pro Evo Soccer series on PS2, but I also regularly play Fifa Soccer 95 on the Sega Mega Drive, simply because the simple, basic gameplay is so addictive.
Sometimes, SFX and HD aren't everything. That's always been my firm belief :)

Plus, GT2 means a lot to me, because it's what turned me into a massive petrolhead, really. There are certain elements of the game that just haven't been replicated since - the version of the Test Course in GT2 is the best ever, really narrow straightaways with trees either side rather than the really wide affairs in GT3/4, tracks like Red Rock Valley, Rome Night, Tahiti Road, the cars and their racing modifications, the races...it's the sort of thing that will never be replicated. And despite the fact there is no HD, B-Spec, or stuff like that, there's still enough there for me to keep digging it and keep coming back to it, 10 years on from it's release :)

Back on topic, and out of my massive nostalgia ramble...:drool:

I'm giving this a bit of a bump (a bit of a bump, he says whilst digging up a thread from over a year and a half ago :dunce:) as I'm reigniting my GT enduro campaign - with most of the enduros either a) not done or b) I fancy attempting again, I'm doing some research into ideas for close enduro races. I've build a Nismo R32 Skyline into something approaching Group A touring car spec, ready for an assault on the Laguna Seca 200, and I have unfinished business over at SS Route 5 with my heroic S4, as well as a frustrating '2' in the box next to the Trial Mountain 30-Lap race.

Time for redemption, eh? :) Any other ideas you guys want to throw into the ring, please feel free, I'd appreciate the input :)

im considering try to win over the Vector LM in Trial Mountain. I might start my TT (another one with further tuning of course) from laptime challenge and try it !

Hah, good luck with that! The 295hp limit makes that almost impossible :nervous: Seriously, you'd be cedeing 400hp+ on him as well as probably handling, it's been mooted before but as far as I know no-ones ever been successful. I wish you all the best in your efforts though :)

On the Trial Mountain theme, I've come up with a new theme for my enduro challenges - I'm going to win ALL of the endurance races in touring cars. By that, I mean cars that competed in a 'touring car' championship discipline around the world. So basically that includes nearly all of the cars in the Super Touring Trophy, as well as other cars that can be race-modified into a touring car. Basically what this will entail is entering cars into the races with road cars that are so underpowered that the downforce/grip of the RM modifications and racing tyres keep it on pace, just about. Also the in-game Alfa Romeo 155 V6 and Opel Calibra count.

My starting point will be back at Trial Mountain, with my humble Mini :) Back in the late 1960s they pulled off shock upsets in the British Touring Car Championship, as well as putting on a great show, as you can see below:

btcc-brandshatch-67.jpg

And now I'm testing to try and find a good tyre combo to make a close race against my nemesis, the Lotus Elise. I've beaten and lost to the 111S, but I've never actually faced off against the 190 in this one...watch out, my Mini's getting ready to hunt you down! :mischievous:

Good players reported beating the Vector with an appropriately modded Copperhead. I think the Vector tends to have a few accidents.

i was about only few tens slower a lap, but when i did great lap i was 0,2s faster, but its very hard to be quick like that for 30 laps, also it seems that vector wears out tyres on lap 14 so maybe he wil pit twice. I was on lap 16 and did big mistake so i quit. Before mistake we were on our 2nd stints (14 and me pitting on 15 lap). I was some 3 seconds behind him.
Also when Vector laps other cars, he tends to be held. So there is some space to catch.

So I return once again for yet ANOTHER assault on the Trial Mountain 30 Laps enduro...wanna see how it went? Have a look-see here :)

'Rags to Riches, Part 1'

Also, I've updated the very first post of this thread to order the race reports and that I've done here - a fair few as it turns out! :)

So seven years on...this is getting a revival.

I'm streaming a GT2 Let's Play series over on the Armbar Arcade Twitch channel, and some of the enduros I've had so far are definitely worthy of a race report or two :D

Back