Fall 2011 GTP iRacing Jetta TDI Cup - Final Round on 12/18/11

• Thread starter Patrocles
  • 91 comments
Congrats to Simon, Curtis and Javier for taking the podium spots!!
👍

Fun race, guys! brutal track for me! LOL I managed to accomplish my goal of finishing the race!
:dopey:

No 'hat trick' this round (race win, pole, and fastest lap) so those iRAcing credits are still up for grabs.

updated point standings in the second post. Simon and Curtis have opened up a large gap in the points!

See you at Round 3 Suzuka West w/Chicane next Sunday!

Oh, pooooo. I would've probably had fastest lap again. I did some laps last night around LRP chicane and had a best of 1:03.2xx. Bah, glad everyone had a good time. I remember from my practicing that the braking zone into the chicane can be brutal if not done smoothly. It was fun though, kicking the rear out through there.:)

I won't be missing the next one. Damn time change.:banghead:

On a good note, I just won a street stock race by 10 sec.👍

bummer! Last weekend it was the GMT time change, this weekend the states time change. Hopefully, no more time changes!!

See you at Suzuka!
:)

Anyone turned any laps arround Suzuka West?? I've never even set foot on that configuration!

Jav
Anyone turned any laps arround Suzuka West?? I've never even set foot on that configuration!

Ya, I did when I missed the race last Sunday. Ran for about a 1/2 hour. Good mix of fast and tight corners. I'm really starting to like the little Jetta. If it wasn't for this series the Jetta may have never gotten used. Now I'll pop in a Jetta practice from time to time.

Unless I can sort out my Clubsport pedal load-cell problem (sticking brakes), I'll have to give the next race a miss :(

Sorry guys, I'm gutted...

Unless I can sort out my Clubsport pedal load-cell problem (sticking brakes), I'll have to give the next race a miss :(

Sorry guys, I'm gutted...

You too!! Ohh man that sucks! I was told by custumer service last week(Friday) that they were sending me a replacement loadcell and 8 days later still no loadcell and still no email saying it's been shipped...

Yeah, looks like Fanatec emulates Porche to the very detail. When they work they work beautifully, but once they break down(too often) they're worth crap! And good luck with service!

Jav
Yeah, looks like Fanatec emulates Porche to the very detail. When they work they work beautifully, but once they break down(too often) they're worth crap! And good luck with service!

:ouch::ouch::ouch: That hurts :lol::lol::lol:

Jav
You too!! Ohh man that sucks! I was told by custumer service last week(Friday) that they were sending me a replacement loadcell and 8 days later still no loadcell and still no email saying it's been shipped...

wonder if I should order a spare just in case?:scared:

At leasdt I got my t500rs pedals as backup 👍

Jav why u join a Grand Am rolex race tonight and then quit at the beginning? They hit your iRating for that. I lost -69 irating doing the samehting the other day. Yoiu have to withdraw 2 mins before race starts

round 3 suzuka is now scheduled .

check your PM for password

see you in ~30 minutes!
only odd thing with the hosting is that this the max pilots allowed is 13 (?) However, that will not be a problem for us.

As I stated earlier, I'm gonna have to sit this one out due to my dodgy brake pedal :(

On the plus side, I've been time-trialling the late model chevy to build up my oval license; the aim being to get to 4.0+ so I can start racing the trucks. Nearly there :)

At least on the time trials I'm not gonna cause a huge accident when I stab the brake to clear the sticky pedal.

As I stated earlier, I'm gonna have to sit this one out due to my dodgy brake pedal :(

On the plus side, I've been time-trialling the late model chevy to build up my oval license; the aim being to get to 4.0+ so I can start racing the trucks. Nearly there :)

At least on the time trials I'm not gonna cause a huge accident when I stab the brake to clear the sticky pedal.

bummer! but who needs brakes! throttle throttle throttle! :dopey:

I hope your crew can get to sunny California next week for the Laguna Seca round.

wonder if I should order a spare just in case?:scared:

At leasdt I got my t500rs pedals as backup 👍

Jav why u join a Grand Am rolex race tonight and then quit at the beginning? They hit your iRating for that. I lost -69 irating doing the samehting the other day. Yoiu have to withdraw 2 mins before race starts

Yeah, I had to. No way I could've finish the race, something came up and I had to leave. Sucks because that's my favorite track on this car and the race was packed! How did it go? And yes, you should order a backup loadcell.

What you could do is download their latest firmware for the pedals and set some deadzone to get rid of the problem only works on the PC. I would do this but I just refuse to be changing pedals back and forward between GT5 and iRacing!

You're going to love the trucks. Did my first two truck races last night and it was a blast:tup:

Jav
What you could do is download their latest firmware for the pedals and set some deadzone to get rid of the problem only works on the PC. I would do this but I just refuse to be changing pedals back and forward between GT5 and iRacing!

That's the problem Jav, I use them on GT5 and Forza too :(

You're going to love the trucks. Did my first two truck races last night and it was a blast:tup:

Yeah, you're right 👍 I had great time in the trucks in Week 13 just gone :)

results updated in second post.

Congratulations to Curtis for taking his second win of the series!

Curtis extends his lead in the championship and the midfield has tightened up in the overall points with only 13 points separating spots 2 to 4!

See everyone next sunday at Laguna seca.

Posted this in another thread but thought I'd share:

Just a quick update; had an email from Fanatec this morning informing me that my replacement load-cells are being dispatched. :)

Can't fault that for service; ordered on a Saturday evening, order processed and ready for dispatch on Monday morning... 👍

Hopefully they'll be here before the weekend, ready for Laguna Seca!

Here you go:

Patrick we need to get you to use tradingpaints so you can see all the custom liveries!

Posted this in another thread but thought I'd share:

Hopefully they'll be here before the weekend, ready for Laguna Seca!

Oh man, I can only hope! Sending an e-mail to Johannes right now!

Last edited:
Got tired of the OZ/Matmut livery so I did this:

Oakley_Jetta.jpg

Oakley_Jetta_2.jpg

Jav
Here you go:

Patrick we need to get you to use tradingpaints so you can see all the custom liveries!

Oh man, I can only hope! Sending an e-mail to Johannes right now!

thanks! ahhh...I was about to ask you how you did the Youtube. In the quote I can see that you only needed to use the v="xxxxxxxxx" info from the vid! LOL
:dopey:

Nice race recap patrick! Looking forward to Laguna! With Jeffrey, Nathan and hopefully Simon on the grid plus Curtis, Darryl you and me should make for some real good rcing!

Back