Fall 2011 GTP iRacing Jetta TDI Cup - Final Round on 12/18/11

• Thread starter Patrocles
  • 91 comments
Jav
Nice race recap patrick! Looking forward to Laguna! With Jeffrey, Nathan and hopefully Simon on the grid plus Curtis, Darryl you and me should make for some real good rcing!

ah, you are too polite! my little vids leave a lot to be desired! haha
:)

If time allows I will throw up a short vid for round 2 LRP.

Can I join in late on this?

Bill-182 / Bill Mann #37

Make sure to download my livery from trading paints.

certainly! I will add you to the PM when I send out the server password for Sunday's race!
:)

however, to let you know you will not be eligible for any prizes since you were not able to join at start of season (this was the original founders recommendation to keep out 'vultures' who swoop in take what they can get and leave).

See you in California at LS!

Yeah no problem. I was probably going to just do Leguna and Silverstone this series. I'm juggling between running a full series of the GTC for credits but my main focus is running the HPD in the ALMS series this season.

But I'll definitly look into doing the full series for the next run.

Jav
Patrick we need to get you to use tradingpaints so you can see all the custom liveries!

Hey, I created an Account at TradingPaints in Sept or October. I just made a new "list" and titled it 'GTPlanet Jetta TDI' and then I searched for pilot names (4 people as of this post) and put their names and Jetta skins into my list.

http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/list/3951

Pardon my ignorance, but do I need to do something special with the list info before starting the next race? :dunce:

Thanks!

Yeah no problem. I was probably going to just do Leguna and Silverstone this series. I'm juggling between running a full series of the GTC for credits but my main focus is running the HPD in the ALMS series this season.

But I'll definitly look into doing the full series for the next run.

Cool! you are more than welcome to join us for any race!

Hey, I created an Account at TradingPaints in Sept or October. I just made a new "list" and titled it 'GTPlanet Jetta TDI' and then I searched for pilot names (4 people as of this post) and put their names and Jetta skins into my list.

http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/list/3951

Pardon my ignorance, but do I need to do something special with the list info before starting the next race? :dunce:

Thanks!

Not really, as long as they are in your folder you should be good! Just do a quick update on race day and you should be good!

Hosted session has been scheduled.
See you in Cali in ~2.5 hours! :sly:

GT Planet - Round 4 Laguna Seca
16 laps
18:00GMT - 18:50GMT practice
1850GMT to 19:00GMT 2 lap/10minute lone qualifier
19:00GMT - 20:00GMT Race
Standaing start
1 Fast tow
no aids except auto-clutch

Please check your PM for password

I did some practicing on the course and got lap times of 1:49.xxx
I venture you faster lads will be <1:44.xxx(?)
This track is difficult being so short and twisty that there is little time to rest. One good thing about LS is the wide runoff areas at most curves to prevent one from damaging his car (I'm an expert in running off track!! :dunce: )

password sent.

Nethereal! Your mailbox if full again!! I could not send you password. Please let me know when mailbox has room and I can resend password.

Quick pic from the start of the race:

Laguna.jpg

A little dissappointed I didn't win today:grumpy: I definitely had the speed to, but it was hard to pass Bill. Then when I did I got a damn black flag:grumpy:again. I may have to pull out the Dale Earnhardt mentality of refusing to lose before season ends:sly: Congrats to Bill for not letting me have the iRacing credits:ouch: Probably would've turned them down anyway cause Curtis wasn't in the race.

Oh well. First time I was back on a road course in about a week so I can't be too dissappointed I guess. Been running nothing but the iRacing C class in the trucks lately. Crazy racing in there, but its fun.👍

Maybe I can get my first win at Mid-Ohio.:dopey:

I guess you could say it's my home track only being a few hours away.

Maybe I can get my first win at Mid-Ohio.:dopey:

I guess you could say it's my home track only being a few hours away.

It would be my home track too in iRacing being only three and a half hours away. I have a bit more experience at Mid-O with the GTC series, but I still haven't mastered it yet.

Silverstone should be fun as the season ender!

Round 5 server is scheduled!
check your PM for password!

Server name: GTP Jetta Cup - Mid-Ohio

nethereal! Your PM box is full, contact me by PM if you want password!

so...just a few calcs for the championship...to many variables to examine all of possible outcomes.

For Darryl to win the championship:
If Curtis wins the race then Darryl needs to finish 3rd or higher.
If Curtis places 2nd then Darryl needs to finish 8th or higher.
If Javier wins the race then Darryl needs to finish 8th position or higher.
If Simon wins the race then Darryl needs to finish 16th position or higher.

For Curtis to win the championship:
If Curtis wins the race then Darryl needs to finish 4th position or lower (5th, 6th,etc).
If Javier wins the race then Curtis needs to finish 6th position or higher

Wow! We are close to wraping this up!
Any thoughts on what will our next car/cars will be??
Solstice vs MX5? MX5/Mustang? Radical SR8(yes please)??

The final round of the series is today! I may not be available so I set up the server in advance.

session name: GTP iRacing Jetta TDI Cup - Silverstone
PMs sent containing the password.

good luck all!

Nethereal, your mailbox is full. Contact one of the other pilots if you need the password!!

Congrats to Darryl for taking the championship! An thank's to Patrick for puting this together and hosting the sessions!
So what's next?

Back