Fall Guy´s Time Trials for Modded Content * PC only *

• Thread starter Fall Guy
  • 44 comments
Germany
Germany
Hi fellow sim racers,

I´ve decided to start a new thread directly in here, to celebrate our favorite driving sim, and give it the attention it deserves. Most time trials we find on the net are only for the stock Kunos tracks and cars, and no one does time trials for the excellent mod content we have.

So let´s start...

I will try to put a more or less weekly challenge here, if the community wants to have it.

Rules:
Always use the stock driving aids. You may adjust the fuel load and also tires and tire pressure. It is not allowed to cut the corners and gain an unfair advantage. Also no stability control and always use tire and fuel x1. Manual transmission. That´s all.

Our first TT will be:

The Honda NSX NA1 on Imola 1994.
In memory of Ayrton Senna which lost his life 25 years ago. Since Ayrton was involved in developing the NSX I thought we should honor it in that way.

upload_2019-5-2_20-47-16.png

Download track and car:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/honda-nsx.4768/
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/imola-historic-94.19338/

Time: 12 p.m. (noon)
Weather: clear
Temperature: 26 C
Grip level: optimum (100%)

Post your time by making a screenshot or upload a hotlap here.

I start:

upload_2019-5-2_20-51-58.png

2:19,060

Happy racing! This TT will end Sunday 5th May. Next time there will be less text here ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for setting this up @Fall Guy We did some time trials here years ago and I always enjoyed it and I've missed them. Glad to see them back again, hopefully there will be a nice turnout.

First session got me a 2:14.217

g2Trb7r.png

Your iniciative is trully interesting but...
It fails on a basic principle used in any TT!

The time period given to those who are taking part on such "event"...

It must never be shorter then... 1 week... and you re giving 3 to 4 days only... :(

Thanks for making this 👍 I love the kind of bus-stop section at the end with Variante Bassa, very fun to just throw the car in there.

2:12.835 for my first session but that felt like a good lap for me, may have another go but not sure I'll be able to match it.

nsximola.png

I hope we can keep this up until July, where I'm reunited with my wheel and have meaningful times. Until them I'll try to have fun with a controller

Your iniciative is trully interesting but...
It fails on a basic principle used in any TT!

The time period given to those who are taking part on such "event"...

It must never be shorter then... 1 week... and you re giving 3 to 4 days only... :(

Yes I know about and this will change in the next one. This time I wanted to shorten it up until tomorrow to start a fresh one which will last until next weekend. So please don´t judge about this issue and try to set a fast time there. :)

So here is a first standing:

Fall Guy 2:19.060
Kran 2:16.878
Wiz 2:14.217
Im Lukas 2:12.835

I think I need to improve.. :(

Friend, can you repeat and show on video? It seems like a fantasy to me.

Slight improvement but I made a mistake in the small chicane and lost some time.

nsximola.png

I will add I am also using auto clutch because I don't own a shifter (yet, hopefully :lol:) but I did turn off auto blip for this which is taking some getting used to hence the not so good attempts at rev matching.

Slight improvement but I made a mistake in the small chicane and lost some time.

View attachment 818616

I will add I am also using auto clutch because I don't own a shifter (yet, hopefully :lol:) but I did turn off auto blip for this which is taking some getting used to hence the not so good attempts at rev matching.

Thank! Now I see where I need to improve.

Hi, I´m a beginner. In this challenge I´ve had some troubles with the unstability while braking. How can I deal with it?
I haven´t found a thread for this type of questions so I post it here.
:gtpflag:

Hi, I´m a beginner. In this challenge I´ve had some troubles with the unstability while braking. How can I deal with it?
I haven´t found a thread for this type of questions so I post it here.
:gtpflag:
Yes this car does like to move around under braking. My advice would be to try and brake in a straight line. There are a couple of corners where this is not always possible so you have to be quick to correct any slide and try not to overcorrect.

Yes this car does like to move around under braking. My advice would be to try and brake in a straight line. There are a couple of corners where this is not always possible so you have to be quick to correct any slide and try not to overcorrect.
Thanks I´ll try it.:cheers:

Guys, this TT is in overtime currently, so feel free to post your times until next Sunday! :cheers: Then we will start a new one. Hope that is ok for you!

I notice tire type isn't listed, nor is track surface condition (dusty/green/fast/etc.). These two things have a big influence on lap times. Also, are we really hot-lapping at midnight?

I notice tire type isn't listed, nor is track surface condition (dusty/green/fast/etc.). These two things have a big influence on lap times. Also, are we really hot-lapping at midnight?
You can change tyres, pressures and fuel load. From the OP.
You may adjust the fuel load and also tires and tire pressure
I took 12.00am to mean middle of the day and have been racing under ideal tack conditions.

You can change tyres, pressures and fuel load. From the OP.

Right, but anyone running on anything other than the best tire would be at a disadvantage. Typically time trials list all necessary conditions, including tires and track condition.

I took 12.00am to mean middle of the day and have been racing under ideal tack conditions.

Typically, 12:00am is midnight though. Just trying to get things clarified so everyone is on the same page, track grip at midnight would likely be a bit different than at noon since heat from the sun affects it.

Right, but anyone running on anything other than the best tire would be at a disadvantage. Typically time trials list all necessary conditions, including tires and track condition.

Typically, 12:00am is midnight though. Just trying to get things clarified so everyone is on the same page, track grip at midnight would likely be a bit different than at noon since heat from the sun affects it.
I agree with you but was just offering what I had took it to mean. Some clarification would be good @Fall Guy

Sorry BrandonW77, maybe I wasn´t clear enough, so please don´t judge me since it is my first TT thread here. The time should be set, of course, to 12 p.m.. Normally this should be done with ideal conditions, so please use the optimum grip setting. The Honda has the semi slick tyres as standard so please use them; you may adjust the tire pressure and fuel load to your liking.

Next time trial I will be more clear here. OP has been updated.

Sorry BrandonW77, maybe I wasn´t clear enough, so please don´t judge me since it is my first TT thread here. The time should be set, of course, to 12 p.m.. Normally this should be done with ideal conditions, so please use the optimum grip setting. The Honda has the semi slick tyres as standard so please use them; you may adjust the tire pressure and fuel load to your liking.

Next time trial I will be more clear here. OP has been updated.

No problem, and no judging, was just trying to clarify so it could be included for the next event. :) 👍

Latest Posts

Back