Fall update

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrDuck1234
  • 56 comments
  • 4,465 views
Messages
160
Messages
GTP_Drought
Does anyone know if it will be on the first day of fall...being the 22nd?
 
There hasn't been an announced date, and I can only believe that the somewhat ambiguous definition of "fall" or "autumn" were used to give a rough idea of when to expect it, rather than a firm date.

If it starts snowing before it's posted, then we can start griping, however.
 
The first day of fall is a nice thought, but knowing the GT series it will be the last day if not later. :(
 
I think it will be near, during or after the Tokyo game show held in October, but even God dont know, only Kaz know...
 
I personally think it will be released in late November but what do I know.
 
It will probably be typical Sony and PD...........later than planned :sly: After all why start changing a habit of a life time:).
 
I've learned my lesson loooong ago with the GT series. it just comes when it comes, and thats that sadly.
 
And I thought that there is really an update...
 
I think the fall update will be here sometime around April 2009. :p
 
I thought it was spring in NZ, not autumn.

On topic: Autumn last unti almost Christmas, so as long as we get it before Christmas I'll be happy :-)
 
It will be sods law that it comes out end of November just when im wanting to play Racepro, Gears of war 2 on my 360.

At the moment i've become a little bored of GT5P and with the lack of decent 360 games at the moment it certainly has been a stale period. I've just remembered that COD5 is due to come out around this time also!!
 
At this point I'm just happy that PD have nailed so many key properties of a great simulator. If they implement the same level of quality into future prologue additions, I don't really care if the update arrives Sep, Oct or Nov (or Dec for that matter) :)
 
1 question , what has been 101% confirmed what we are getting in this fall update.
might be alot of dissapointed people when there's no new cars/tracks.
 
what has been 101% confirmed

I'm pretty sure some type of damage has been confirmed, and enhanced online functionality of some non-specific type (to which we can only assume private rooms :) )
 
I thought it was spring in NZ, not autumn.

It is now,.. but i was commenting on the poster who suggested April 2009, which would be our autumn.
 
I'm pretty sure some type of damage has been confirmed, and enhanced online functionality of some non-specific type (to which we can only assume private rooms :) )
Actually, just that last thing has been confirmed. The intend to put damage in there as well, but they never said it would definitely be in there.
 
Nah PD sucks...

look @ Ferrari Challenge there comes the third update in the last 2 months...
And they read their fanpost and put good indeas in their updates as well,in the GTRP forum some guys write a e-mail together with their problems and wishes and 2 days later they get an answer...
 
Last edited:
Worst case scenario: Updated netcode with faster player matching and less lag

Best case scenario: Nurburgring, trial mountain and a dozen new cars, including '69 GT-40 and TOM's Supra , private rooms with totally configurable race options and damage that's so realistic people will be getting post traumatic stress disorder from playing.

Expected - closer to option 1 :grumpy:
 
I think what PD meant to say was that the update would happen in fall of 2009:lol:
 
I think what PD meant to say was that the update would happen in fall of 2009:lol:

It's just a really bad translation from Japanese. What they really meant was it had 'slipped'
 
I hope the update will be so awesome that we all say sorry to PD and Kaz :)
 
I hope the update will be so awesome that we all say sorry to PD and Kaz :)

You must be new here.

The update will be awesome, and people will still complain.
 
we should start complaining now , so when the update comes ,we wont have nothign too complain about?
 
I've been away from GT5P for awhile now and just come back. Are we sure there will be a 'fall update' are we sure the August update wasnt it??
 
I've been away from GT5P for awhile now and just come back. Are we sure there will be a 'fall update' are we sure the August update wasnt it??

Yes, because August is in summer and "fall" means autumn ;)
 
Yes, because August is in summer and "fall" means autumn ;)

I know, but thats debatable. When is Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere? I think fall was mentioned a long time ago as a sort of vague release date, the sort of thing a lot of companies use to say 'well we dont really know, but we think it'll be around fall'. When was the last time someone from PD mentioned anything about this update?
 
I know, but thats debatable. When is Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere? I think fall was mentioned a long time ago as a sort of vague release date, the sort of thing a lot of companies use to say 'well we dont really know, but we think it'll be around fall'. When was the last time someone from PD mentioned anything about this update?

It wasn't mentioned by a company (PD or otherwise), its a rumour, remember? Hence why I don't really have much hope for it coming any time soon. But I guess people like being disappointed.
 
It wasn't mentioned by a company (PD or otherwise), its a rumour, remember? Hence why I don't really have much hope for it coming any time soon. But I guess people like being disappointed.

Oh right, I thought there might have been something official seeing as though there is so much talk about it here. Back to praying for private lobbies so. :indiff:
 
Back