FALLING ASLEEP DURING THE bleep-bleepin' ENDURANCE races

• Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 53 comments
All I can say is that all this talk of falling asleep is not exactly proving your endurance :)

They are called endurance races for several reasons:

You need to stay awake and alert to endure the monotonous onslaught of laps
Your SO need to endure between 1 and 2 hours of engine noise and only communicating via the occasional grunt
Your family have to endure missing some programmes on TV.

Endurance, I've heard of it :D

Oh and regarding the real life falling asleep at the wheel, I have. It's bloody scary - the car wheel hitting the grass verge woke me up. Otherwise, I'd have been upside down in a field.

:eek:

this is why i race early in the day. at night, i will be able to concentrate for about 10 laps or so and then i will start to lose focus. sometimes i will run two or three laps without even thinking about it. once toward the end of an endurance race i planned to pit on a certain lap, and i spaced out and missed it. so i was like "no big deal, i'll pit next lap". sure enough, i missed it again, and one more time after that. finally (with all red tires) i remembered at the last second to pit and swerved in.

The GT-Coma is a common phenomenom to me also. It's happened to me many times during endurances. I've also fallen alseep a few times while playing GT3. It never happened when I played GT2 though. Odd.

all u gotta do for the Super Speedway is gear it right, get through the first turn for best acceleration, then convince one of ur younger siblings that it would be fun to hold the gas button down for the next hour :D

I do the coma thing...Ill come out of it after a while and I always have a new lap record...My friends say I get into the "zone"...

i think at one time or another know it or not all gt players get the gt coma thing i got it through the whole pro series i was looking through saying to myself this will take forever then next thing i know im saying is that it there should be more

The only time I race Enduro's is when I have 4 kids sleep over and we hook up the wheel and do like 5 in a nite and all the others sleep lmao

I've not done a Enduro yet but I've odne very long races before on NASCAR2002 with me wheel and pedals set up and felt really tired at the wheel...

I've never fallen asleep but I have gotten one of those comas... your brain just seems to go into automatic pilot... You'll be driving along taking the line without thinking... specially in NASCAr where you can be drafting behind a car doing the same lines for lap after lap after lap...

Pretty scary when you come out... you push the pitboard button and discover you've covered 30 odd laps since the last you fully remember.

Last lap coming around the final turn. Then next thing you know, Im in third place spinning out of control. I got it straightened out and got third.

I also get gt-coma`s ;)
But I like to think of it as a "The Perfect lap time" zones. and in this zone, I have set a lap record of 54.215 on lap 34, on The red rock valley, in the GT1 race car, driving the time trail in GT2. 😈 I started driving, setting laps of 1.05 to 1.03 "a wake". After 20-23 laps????? "lost it " and put 55 sec to 1 min. laps :eek:
The best is raceing a race where jou are just able to stay in first place, "zone in" and wake up 5 laps later with a 30-40 sec lead. :P :D

i've completely zoned out during races before.
like, being on lap 17, then realizing that i'm on lap 48 all of a sudden.

is that a "GT-Coma?"

Yup thats a GT Coma...

I got one today real bad while doing the Speedway enduro for the first time... I acctually could feel myself being drawn into the screen... felt quite sick after it.

Acctually when you think about it... these are all symptoms of an epileptic trance... so its kinda worrying lol...

The zoning out is a bad thing? I get that when racing at the Super Speedway, Trial Mountain and Apricot Hill Endurances. Every time. I'll start, pay attention for 5 laps, then somehow its lap 25. And all the lap times are consistent. Its coconuts, its bananas, its crazy.

Today i fell asleep on lap 125 on inddy , now on lap 40 :/

You must have been zoning out when you made this post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for nine years, and made a post about something irrelevant from Gran Turismo 3.

You must have been zoning out when you made this post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for nine years, and made a post about something irrelevant from Gran Turismo 3.

I reported him. Thanks for highlighting it... didnt see the error..

Difficult to fall asleep at Indy in GT3 when it wasn't in GT3.

Please find the appropriate thread in the GT5 forum to share this. While we like people who search for an appropriate thread, this, apparently, wasn't. ;)

Difficult to fall asleep at Indy in GT3 when it wasn't in GT3.

Please find the appropriate thread in the GT5 forum to share this. While we like people who search for an appropriate thread, this, apparently, wasn't. ;)

Ha, good memories right? First infraction.... I think I learned from it ;)

I raced 2 speedway enduros in a row and on the 2nd one i fell into a GT-coma on and woke up with the F1 car prize spinning around :drool:

Back