Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments

Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A mysterious site has appeared out of the blue suggesting that an Fallout 4 reveal is imminent. The site called thesurvivor2299.com appears to be a 26 countdown clock accompanied by a Morse code message playing on a loop. Decode the message and it comes out to 11.12.13. According to American date keeping style, that means November 12, 2013. However, just about everywhere else in the world, it means December 11, 2013. And it just so happens the countdown clock is ticking down to that exact date. Take a peek at the page source code and you’ll find the countdown clock is written in “Fallout” script.

As for who created the page and what other secrets The Survivor might hold, we turn to the hive mind at Reddit, where The Survivor 2299 Speculation and Hype Megathread has already been created.

http://www.gamefront.com/website-suggests-fallout-4-reveal-imminent/

Provided this isn't just a well constructed fake, it looks like we might be getting a new Fallout title set in the New England area.

EDIT: Dat elaborate hoax.

Last edited:
What a mysterious site, and the stuff people extracted from the site code are even stranger. It's quite hard to tell if it's a hoax or not, to me anyway.

I have Fallout 3 and New Vegas both 100% platinum including all DLC. Fallout is the best video game i have ever played despite it's glitches and bugs. So i don't have to tell you how happy i am.

Just hope it isnt full of glitches if it actually is Fallout 4. This would be one game that would push me into getting a PS4.

Just hope it isnt full of glitches if it actually is Fallout 4. This would be one game that would push me into getting a PS4.

You just know they'll be using Gamebryo again, probably under a different name like (I think) they did for Skyrim. Plastic-looking potato people who become frozen in time from the chin down when they talk to you and bugs so hilarious you'd swear they were intentional. I'll never forget the Deathclaw I encountered who was spitting minigun rounds at me outside Girdershade in Fallout 3. Fun times.

Morse Code message has changed. Along with The Survivor 2299 site which is now counting down to December 11th (15:00 EST).

Code translation from reddit
CQ CQ DE OZ PSE AS

"Calling any station, calling any station, calling any station, this is/from Oscar Zulu Please Stand by".

Perhaps a reference to Fallout 3's Oscar Zulu radio station signal?

:D

This is so exciting. No game had got me this excited since Skyrim back on November 2011. Of course it had to be another Besthesda game! I hope its release won't be too far off from the announcement, but I highly doubt that. We'll probably have 7 or 8 months of wait for the release. :(

The recent FO4 European trademark might actually be illegitimate, since it has apparently been removed from the EU trademark database. Similar to the HL3 case in October.

Whether or not the whole thing is an ever-growing hoax (Bethesda reacting to questions about it with a simple "no comment" suggests they aren't denying anything), the coded messages and rumours have continued all week. Including the discovery another website that was found to be fake.

http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/fallo...y-3450-transmissions-and-bostons-destruction/

I don't think it's a hoax. Bethesda has recently(ish) released Skyrim and are close to releasing TESO. This leads me to believe that a F4 announcement is appropriate in this timeframe. Anyways, as MHPALA so wisely said, my body is ready as well.

I would have expected the countdown site to be taken down by Bethesda or ZeniMax days ago if it had turned out to be fake or if they weren't clued-in on it.

Last edited:
thesurvivor2299.com -

“THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 512-”

Screen-shot-2013-12-02-at-8.10.42-AM.png

Kotaku: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/12/okay-now-that-fallout-4-teaser-site-is-doing-more-stuff/

According to incgamers.com the morse code now transmits the message -
(EDIT- more coded messages)

“Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, SOS. Vault 119 Quabbin 7667, repeat, SOS, Vault 119 Quabbin 7667 enemy unknown”

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/fallout-4-nuclear-winter-countdown-concludes-new-coded-message

"Calling all stations, calling all stations, calling all stations, This is Vault 119 SOS level 4 under attack, Overseer is Dead, Repeat, SOS level 4 under attack, Overseer is Dead, We won’t make it."

"Calling Black Row Out Station ground is safe to land Level 4 breach. No survivors, 899 corpses. We are leaving Vault 119. Over, back to you."

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/fallout-4-codes-coming-thick-fast-survivor2299

A new page and a second ciphered message-

http://thesurvivor2299.com/VT119/

"REV FEAR – MGSS LHM’H EVHV KBIM’R QIUBMU. CB’L Z YYG MN HBM ZQSUB ZZAY."
“THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT’S COMING. IT’S A KEY TO THE GREAT GAME”

Last edited:
REV _____ 5120 [CPS] LOC BB YEAR LET - | H EY XHWHD OF GXSIHS EVE, ZFR G'K ATGEVY ROCL'JM QEOX. GTJX ZSFF QRETYHA HWEUHG WG VKKP HHWE. MCCCZNU SQ UUE VMXECEDCZ. MFE BNMC NEGE QLZCR TP MZ MR YUOG ACBSM. |

6 04:41:00

New ciphered message-

"Calling Black Row outstation. Reporting suspicious activity near secure location: The Institute One vault dweller 2 miles north; three unknown humans 3 miles northwest, over".

New morse code message-

"Calling Black Row, Calling Black Row. Report: day seven, on Harvard Bridge. People are scared; last night we heard strange noises from The Institute. At the moment we see strange humans distance 2 miles north. Something isn't right with that place, over."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2187201/fallout_4_website_updated_again_refers_to_the_institute.html

For all you fans of the Fallout series, can I ask what you liked so much about it? I got into Oblivion quite a lot and it was one of my most enjoyable RPG's, but for Skyrim I just felt that there wasn't enough there anymore. To me it just felt like it lacked immersion anymore, like simply travelling around and 'completing' things. With Fallout, as silly as it may sound, I just couldn't get past the lack of color, or grim storyline. Grey and tans wear on me after a while. But in the end maybe I didn't give it a fair shot and I know a lot of people really enjoyed the series. So what would you say that I need to look for in the game?

With Fallout 3, the bleak atmosphere did take some time to get used to and I still find it incredibly dark and depressing, looking back on it. But the first few hours of survival is right up there amongst my favourite gaming moments. From having nothing but my own fists to beat off mole rats and barely making it into DC alive, to miraculously liberating Paradise Falls slaver base with almost no weapons within 6 hours. Hard work felt very rewarding and most encounters I had were ultimately enjoyable. Even without adding any DLC to it after finishing, I could kill oodles of time just looking around and making the most of my characters acquired abilities (capped at lvl 20 though).

As for New Vegas, it never captured that same feeling for me. I've played it a number of times and found enjoyment in only one of the missions. The atmosphere didn't match the post apocalyptic dread of FO3, and the feeling of general freedom to wander around was restricted by some of the more overpowering enemies that frequently appeared. Even at a higher level it was a pain, though more weapons and a higher maximum level were plus points.

Last edited:

Hah! Check out the "Unfriendly message" bit of the article. Pure gold. I can't stay mad at this individual.

In all seriousness though, that little trolling attempt he did was utterly brilliant, and it is true that it engaged all of us Fallout fans... if only it were true and if only Bethesda would do something this elaborate when the right time comes. I was getting really excited too. :(

###PERMISSION DENIED BY OVERSEER (15334) ###

No Fallout 4 for us, for the time being.

I knew it was only a matter of time until the next Fallout game arrived. Really looking forward to how it looks next gen. More than likely using the game engine from Skyrim.

For all you fans of the Fallout series, can I ask what you liked so much about it? I got into Oblivion quite a lot and it was one of my most enjoyable RPG's, but for Skyrim I just felt that there wasn't enough there anymore. To me it just felt like it lacked immersion anymore, like simply travelling around and 'completing' things. With Fallout, as silly as it may sound, I just couldn't get past the lack of color, or grim storyline. Grey and tans wear on me after a while. But in the end maybe I didn't give it a fair shot and I know a lot of people really enjoyed the series. So what would you say that I need to look for in the game?
The VATS system is what truly set Fallout 3 and NV apart from any other game I ever played. You could target the head, arms, legs, torso, and the weapons of the enemy for a slow motion gory kill. Really gory with sniper or magnum.

I always thought VATS was an added bonus rather than a key element when it came to playing the later Fallout games. I still would have enjoyed FO3 without it, but it does add a new dimension to combat which I liked.

As a huge fan of Fallout 3 I would have to say if it wasn't for VATS I probably would have rage quit.

As correct as this is, you have to remember it's a post apocalyptic area. When I first got the game I stopped playing it after a couple of hours and then it began to collect dust on my shelf. After a few months I decided to give it another shot and then it didn't leave my console for weeks. Admittedly the DLC was what really got me into the game, the story lines behind Into the Pitt and Operation Anchorage were awesome, they made me want to play the game more and explore more to try to find items that matched these ones. As for what you need to look for, it comes down to preference, whether you would rather walk around scrounging for items and trying to find a follower who can help you complete that mission that you've tried over and over to complete or hunting down super mutants trying to save civilians and get your first mini-gun. The only real disappointing thing about the game was (in my opinion) the freezes that occurred when playing on console. The amount of times I would go to save and my game end up freezing was too many, it's really discouraging.

As for Fallout 4... Bring it on. Quite sad to hear that this was a hoax, i'm really interested to read about Bethesda's new plans.

Latest Posts

Back