Fallout 76

I've read people saying they think it will be in a similar vein to Elder Scrolls Online. I hope not, the desolation of The Wasteland is so well suited to single player.

I've read people saying they think it will be in a similar vein to Elder Scrolls Online. I hope not, the desolation of The Wasteland is so well suited to single player.

To be honest? I think, and I don't know why it took me so long to think of this, it could be Bethesda's version of New Vegas.

Looks like New Vegas in Fallout 4's engine. Date on the Pip-boy is 2102 which is what? 25 years after the bombs fall?

To be honest? I think, and I don't know why it took me so long to think of this, it could be Bethesda's version of New Vegas.

It certainly has that "New Vegasy feel" in the teaser.

By the way, Fallout 4 was announced at E3 in 2015 and released November 10, 2015. Just saying this for "planning purposes" :D. It could be a busy winter up here in the Northern Hemisphere.

2076 would be America's 300th Anniversary. I'm pretty sure there is some lore behind Vault 76 and that year.

If the Vault was built then, it would have been completed only a year before the bombs.

I'd be happy with either a single player game or an ESO type of game (I'm just happy for a new Fallout lol), would be interesting to be able to raid other people's settlements for supplies etc if it was an online community game.

I wouldn't mind an online Fallout but not that EOS crap. Honestly felt like one of those free to play MMO's that are completely pay to win and I don't want the next Fallout to be that. I'd honestly love a single player orientated game like past entries, but with the option for online co-op, even if it was only 2-4 players. A proper MMO style online game would probably be good too, as long as they don't go the ESO route.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

"The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand."

Date on the Pipboy is October, 21st, 2102... It appears that Vault 76 may be opening, some five years behind schedule.

Is it possible that after the not-so-stellar reception of Fallout 4, and fearing that the setting may become stale if they keep going "forward" in time, Bethesda has decided to give us a "soft reboot" of the Fallout series, consolidating the Pre-War lore and restarting on the Post-War timeline (or at the very least, the Post-War East Coast timeline)?

P.S. so many things seem to point to Bethesda dropping the zeerust looks of the 3D series to return to the more dieselpunk look of the Interplay games, with touches of... 1970s? The color TV shown in the trailer is a first for the series, and the Pip-Boy is awfully reminiscent of the Pip-Boy 2000 featured in Fallout 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Kotaku (I know) quotes a source who couldn't be named (I know!) as saying that it's an online survival RPG including base-building. We'll find out more on June 10, I guess.

Some caps from the trailer:

You can see that the tri-centennial is noted, the date on the Pip-Boy and the fact that something called 'Reclamation Day' is noted... wasn't that once an alt-term for 'Thanksgiving'?

1348028.jpg
1348029.jpg
1348030.jpg
1348031.jpg
1348033.jpg
1348034.jpg
1348035.jpg
1348038.jpg
1348039.jpg
1348040.jpg
1348041.jpg

Last edited:
So a Fallout version of ARK then? That sounds...lame. Hopefully, it's just Kotaku being Kotaku. Also looking at the comments on that article it looks like they had some sort of falling out with Bethesda (I don't know what though).

Any extra Fallout content is good content so I'm looking forward to this.

Fallout 76 now has its own Reddit and there is a discussion around a 4chan post which correctly described the next Fallout title. The post, from late last year, also mentions that the game is going to be a "Fallout-themed Rust clone."

Any extra Fallout content is good content so I'm looking forward to this.

Fallout 76 now has its own Reddit and there is a discussion around a 4chan post which correctly described the next Fallout title. The post, from late last year, also mentions that the game is going to be a "Fallout-themed Rust clone."

That's interesting. Here's a conspiracy theory:

Bethesda hate the Kotaku guy and, as a fan-savvy company (ish) they're aware of the Fallout 76 'leak' of last December. My hope is that Fallout 5 is coming with proper solo playability but Bethesda are feeding tosh into the hype-mill with a 76-themed trailer and subsequent 'leak' to the Kotaku wazak . It wouldn't be so hard to record a voice over and create 4-5 textures for a one minute trailer.

I think I'm wrong but I hope I'm right :D

Why Vault “76”?

I like to believe it’s because I’ve put hundreds of hours into FO3, New Vegas and FO4, and here’s the clincher...

I’ve just had my 76th birthday

Thanks, Bethesda!

That's interesting. Here's a conspiracy theory:

Bethesda hate the Kotaku guy and, as a fan-savvy company (ish) they're aware of the Fallout 76 'leak' of last December. My hope is that Fallout 5 is coming with proper solo playability but Bethesda are feeding tosh into the hype-mill with a 76-themed trailer and subsequent 'leak' to the Kotaku wazak . It wouldn't be so hard to record a voice over and create 4-5 textures for a one minute trailer.

I think I'm wrong but I hope I'm right :D
One problem with that. From Fallout 3 to New Vegas, was a development cycle of exactly two years between the titles. It is about the same with Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.

What is odd about Fallout 76 this time is that Obsidian Entertainment said something that anyone or anything under NDA would say, which is to deny its existence. I would dare say that Obsidian is its developer, in keeping with the two-year cycle between Fallout titles. With them at the development head, it frees up Bethesda Staff to prepare for TES VI, which is still a thing and that Star___ game, one of which is sure to come out this year.

Why Vault “76”?

Vault 76 is allegedly one of the 17 control vaults from Vault-Tec's Vault experiment. Such experiments include Vault 111, which froze its inhabitants for all time until The Institute unfroze Shawn and The Lone Survivor. And then there is Vault 101, which mandated that its inhabitants stay inside the vault.

Last edited:
Vault 76 is allegedly one of the 17 control vaults from Vault-Tec's Vault experiment. Such experiments include Vault 111, which froze its inhabitants for all time until The Institute unfroze Shawn and The Lone Survivor. And then there is Vault 101, which mandated that its inhabitants stay inside the vault.

Vault 111 was not a control vault, it was a test vault for the cryo experiments. The control vaults, like 76, were normal vaults where none of the inhabitants were messed with.

Vault 111 was not a control vault, it was a test vault for the cryo experiments. The control vaults, like 76, were normal vaults where none of the inhabitants were messed with.
Then you misread what I said.

Vault 76 = Control (allegedly as the game is set 5 years after Reclaimation Day)
Vault 111 = Freezing experiment
Vault 101 = Isolation

15 hours until the Bethesda presentation at E3. I'm hoping for another trailer and a release date that ends in 2018.

They're talking about it right now on the XBox stream. It's a prequel for all the games and 4X the size of Fallout 4.

It's a prequel in that it takes place earlier than any of the other games. That and the size is the only concrete info they gave us. I hope it's not heavy on settlements because that was the worst. More on the Bethesda stream at 9:30 EST

It's a prequel in that it takes place earlier than any of the other games. That and the size is the only concrete info they gave us. I hope it's not heavy on settlements because that was the worst. More on the Bethesda stream at 9:30 EST

The trailer on the Microsoft stream went to great lengths at the end to talk about rebuilding. Wasn't leaked information also suggesting this would likely not be a typical RPG like the previous games?

Latest Posts

Back