Fallout 76

The trailer on the Microsoft stream went to great lengths at the end to talk about rebuilding. Wasn't leaked information also suggesting this would likely not be a typical RPG like the previous games?
That's what I remember reading as well. I hope it's a traditional Fallout game just more of it.

A new Fallout game and in my home state? I'm already sold! I'm excited to see what landmarks they'll include that weren't shown in the trailer, although I highly doubt any will be from my area.

Here's the location of the land marks shown in the trailer:
EppqDZp.jpg

I'm also curious about those curious about those online rumors, I hope single player is the main focus. Bethesda hasn't confirmed anything though.

Last edited:
Yeah, if it's single player focused, i'll definitely pick it up. if it isn't...well, i'll probably give it a try at some point.

I honestly thing I enjoy Fallout the most when it's a deep, wooded area, trying to forge out a new existence. I think that's why I enjoyed Point Lookout and Far Harbor, alongside Zion National Park so much for DLC areas. So the rolling hills of West Virginia are looking mighty interesting to me.

Last edited:
From what i've read it is multiplayer with up to a dozen other online players. But also that it will be playable as just single player. You'll also always be using the same server so those other players in your 'lobby' will always be the same ones, by my understanding.

Any new Fallout is good Fallout to me.

Me too, but I must admit that as somebody who usually plays almost exclusively solo that I'll be looking for uk players (because of timezones and online times) to have a team with as most of my friends IRL are either not gamers, use different platforms or aren't Fallout fans :boggled:

I’m not digging this at all, and I’m a huge fallout guy. The always online/multiplayer thing. Sure they say you can play solo, but I don’t think that’s going to be what a lot of people are expecting it to be. I wouldn’t get your hopes up anyways.

Bethesda, and I’m a huge Bethesda fan, doesn’t need to have their own press conference every year. The only years they need to do that, is when they are announcing a new Elder Scrolls.:)

I think it’s a bad ass setting for a fallout game, it’s just a shame it’s not a normal fallout game. No V.A.T.S is a dealbreaker.

I'm going through the info now. Release date 11/14 with pre-orders (surprise) starting in 4 days. The map is 4 times the size of Fallout 4.

Wow, no VATS is rough but it makes sense. You can't slow/freeze time when other people are in the game with you.

The more I read, the more it sounds like GTA 5 in Fallout. :nervous:

Edit: Full Todd Howard presentation of Fallout 76 at E3.

Edit 2: Bethesda article with some reading on the game features. Every human in the game will be a player so if you play solo it's just you vs. the wildlife and robots. A Pre-order gets you access to a beta of the game.

Last edited:
The ability to play cooperatively is really exciting, I visualized such an experience since the days of TES IV: Oblivion

I hope it’ll be possible to control who gets to share my wasteland with me. Really don’t want kids disturbing the peace, and “ramming me off the track” as in GT Sport

I hope we can have private servers as well. Howard mentioned that the game would have dedicated servers (for performance) but he also said that the players would never know they were in one. Or they couldn't see the server information. Something like that.

I hope we can have private servers as well. Howard mentioned that the game would have dedicated servers (for performance) but he also said that the players would never know they were in one. Or they couldn't see the server information. Something like that.

If this can work as a solo campaign (regardless of where the final processing is done) then I'm interested. If it requires community interaction then they can get stuffed. I'd also like to definitely know when I'm on a Bethesda server or a private one - I'd have thought that would be a given.

If this can work as a solo campaign (regardless of where the final processing is done) then I'm interested.
Todd Howard was quick to state that solo play is an option. I look forward to being able to progress my level solo and also, periodically, play cooperatively with one friend. I’m not sure if the latter will be possible, although it seemed likely.

Todd Howard was quick to state that solo play is an option. I look forward to being able to progress my level solo and also, periodically, play cooperatively with one friend. I’m not sure if the latter will be possible, although it seemed likely.
He was very vauge about it. He did not clarify whether that meant offline play, private servers, or not required to team up with anybody. Hopefully it's one the first two and we can do quests solo, unlike GTA Online.

He was very vauge about it. He did not clarify whether that meant offline play, private servers, or not required to team up with anybody. Hopefully it's one the first two and we can do quests solo, unlike GTA Online.

GTAO did have a 'solo' lobby option until later DLCs, it was very useful. Now you have to hope for an MTU change, or cause one. Apparently.

EDIT: G T A : O comes out as GTA:embarrassed:

:D

GTAO did have a 'solo' lobby option until later DLCs, it was very useful. Now you have to hope for an MTU change, or cause one. Apparently.

EDIT: G T A : O comes out as GTA:embarrassed:

:D

No, there's still private lobbies in GTAO, but missions have to be done with 1-3 other players; often times with randoms who suck.

No, there's still private lobbies in GTAO, but missions have to be done with 1-3 other players; often times with randoms who suck.

You sure? The Solo lobbies (the ones I mentioned) were definitely removed from the game options. I thought the 1-3 player lobbies are only for missions?

Not sure what to think of this yet. Will probably end up getting it, but need a bit more info on gameplay before deciding.

I'm down for a GTPlanet group. I would imagine that the missions and difficulty are based off an assumption that there is a group of players. They would likely be pretty tough for someone alone. Like finding all the nuclear launch codes just so you can nuke a legendary boss enemy or whatever.

You sure? The Solo lobbies (the ones I mentioned) were definitely removed from the game options. I thought the 1-3 player lobbies are only for missions?
I played a little bit on one last week actually. They are, and what I meant was nearly all the missions REQUIRED you to have 1-3 others.

I played a little bit on one last week actually. They are, and what I meant was nearly all the missions REQUIRED you to have 1-3 others.

Ah, I see. I do Vehicle Import/Export all the time (definitely solo-able and far easier with no other players in the lobby) and Headhunter or Sightseeing during the cooldown... and for that I have to "hope for an MTU problem" as the Solo option was removed from the menu last year ;)

Since the game takes place in my home and the fact that not very many people know a whole lot of what is in West Virginia, I thought I'd share some of the landmarks that you could see in the game that aren't in any of the trailers as of yet. For the locations shown in the trailer, here's an article to explain the ones shown in the trailer.

Blackwater Falls State Park:
images (3).jpeg

Located near Davis, the centerpiece of the park is Blackwater Falls, a 62-foot (19 m) cascade where the Blackwater River flows from the calm Canaan Valley to the Blackwater Canyon.

Gravecreek Mound:
GraveCreekMound-sjs-02_up_medium.jpg

Located in Moundsville, near the old West Virginia State Penitentiary (which was shown in the gameplay trailer), this Native American burial mound stands at over 60 ft. tall and was likely built between 250-150 BC

Hawk's Nest State Park:
Hawks Nest State Park.jpg

This old mill located in the Park is one of the most iconic shots the natural beauty of West Virginia.

Blennerhassett Island
BlennerhassettStatePark-9-11-sjs-18.jpg

This one is actually in my area. Located in the middle of the Ohio River. This remote (no road and deep water) five mile long island is home to the 18th century Blennerhassett mansion/estate. The Island was visited by Aaron Burr, who met with Blennerhassett to conspire about a possible conquest of Spanish owned Mexico, but was accused of conspiring to have the Western part of the new country rebel.

Seneca Rock/Spruce Knob
images (4).jpeg

At 4,863 ft. Spruce Knob is West Virginia's Tallest Point. The trailer may have already hinted at it with the shot of the lookout towers in the hills, which is featured in the mountains nearby.

Harper's Ferry
john-brown-fort-P.jpeg

This where Abolitionist John Brown captured the arsenal shown above and attempted to lead a slave revolt. His rebellion was brutally put down by US Marines and is said to be an important factor in leading up to the Civil War.

George Washington's Bath Tub
118820911.BFkkwNn8.DSC66911.jpg

Located in Berkeley Springs, the tub was actually used by our first President who was a regular visiter beginning in his days as a young surveyor.

Statue of John Henry
John_Henry_Statue.jpg

This statue was built in honor of the African American folk hero, who was said to driven steel (railroad building) faster than a machine.

I've been debating the pre-order for access to the beta but I'm not sure I would have much time to try it out.

@wvmgmidget

Video with likely real-world locations in F76:

Noclip documentary: The Making of F76

Last edited:
Back