Fan is spinning wild

• Thread starter 1MSC
  • 10 comments
Sweden
Sweden
First day on Gt sport. Its awsome. But sometimes my ps4 fan (cooling system?) goes bananas. Never happened to me before with any other game. Is this some sign of my console giving up on me? Or is it standard? :)

8-( I was expecting to see a clip of a crowd member going wild in the stands.

My PS4 pro is in a cupboard with a cutout at the back to expel warm air, I forget its there so don't notice noise at all.

First day on Gt sport. Its awsome. But sometimes my ps4 fan (cooling system?) goes bananas. Never happened to me before with any other game. Is this some sign of my console giving up on me? Or is it standard? :)
Kaz said there were no standards in GTSport.:sly:

It happens it's just the ps4 showing its age. When you want to worry is when it goes dead silent with no noise at all.

Some games do work the console harder than others tbh.

But for anyone with an excessively loud console, this worked wonders on our spare, ageing, day one ps4! Gone from helicopter take off to (practically) brand new console!

But make sure to write on a sheet of paper where screws went ready for reassembly.....Im not saying ours is two screws short, but I do now have two spare screws.....

But make sure to write on a sheet of paper where screws went ready for reassembly.....Im not saying ours is two screws short, but I do now have two spare screws.....

Exactly why I don't recommend opening up the PS4 on a forums ;)

I get this too when doing stuff within GTS that you wouldn't imagine are very taxing - saving photos/liveries etc. I'm not experiencing it when playing any other games. So you're not alone.

Exactly why I don't recommend opening up the PS4 on a forums ;)

Nah, it was my own fault for not writing everything down. I thought the second half would slowly show everything going back in but it was sped up. If it had been written down it would have been no problem. Also, Ive never done ANYTHING like this before and it went fine. The screws wont be missed as its only used occasionally otherwise I would have simply dismantled it again and made sure they went back in. But the console was VERY loud and would surely have died (a piece of plastic inside had actually distorted from heat!) and it had been replaced by a pro, so the risk was worth it. Now I know how to do it if one of the non-spare consoles needs it. So a calculated risk.

But the video is excellent and the process really isnt that hard, so if the console in question is loud ALL THE TIME, then its worth weighing up if its worth the risk of opening it up. Imo.

Fyi, that doesnt sound like the case for the op. But Infigured the thread might attract other people who would find this handy.

Thanks for all the feedback. 👍 Would never dare to open it, I just did a careful vacuum cleaning from outside ;P

I also keep the back of the console in an open space so the air can spin around free:lol:

Some games do work the console harder than others tbh.

But for anyone with an excessively loud console, this worked wonders on our spare, ageing, day one ps4! Gone from helicopter take off to (practically) brand new console!

Sounds like you've got a screw loose mate :lol:

Back