Fanatec and Forza5

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 71 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
Has anyone have a "educated" guees if the both will work together??..

It seems that the Fanatec wheels might be able to use the USB 3 port but was wondering about the wireless aspect...In the specs of the Xbox ONE it says controllers will use WiFi, but dont they do that now...Im just a little confused......thanx

This website is one of the few "gaming" sites I can reach at work so Im handicaped in my search engine...:scared:

Well the guy who runs Fanatec did say that if their wheels don't work, they'll have a hardware update or something similar to make them work on the One, as of yet it is unknown if they will.

Well the guy who runs Fanatec did say that if their wheels don't work, they'll have a hardware update or something similar to make them work on the One, as of yet it is unknown if they will.
Unfortunately "hardware update" may mean shipping your wheel to them for modification

It's not looking good anyway. I've just come back to these forums tonight after a very long absence indeed.
I'm putting serious thought into buying a cheap used PS3 and a copy of GT6 when it gets released.
I was a GT fan from 1 up to 4, then I jumped ship over to the 360 and a backwards compatible copy of the original Forza and I've loved it and every edition since. (Except for that horrible Horizon muck of course! :crazy:)

There's absolutely no way I'm replacing my Fanatec wheel just so I can play Forza 5. As much as much as it pains me to say that.

Looks like I'll be returning to my first love...

Well I think it we be as simple as a firmware update to change the radio signal all ready installed in the wheels....Dont they use Bluetooth for the PS3 for the wheel??

Thomas actually said if they didn't work they would do a hardware update if possible. A hardware update may not even make them work together.

Well I think it we be as simple as a firmware update to change the radio signal all ready installed in the wheels....Dont they use Bluetooth for the PS3 for the wheel??
I do not think they use Blue Tooth. My guess would be some 2.4ghz wireless signal.

If I want to connect mine to the PS or PC wirelessly I need to use a usb dongle that was included with my first wheel package.

Personally I would rather see a USB connection to the XBox rather than wireless.

At this point it sounds like not even Fanatec knows if the wheel will work or can be modified within reason to work and that is alarming. If not then I would not be surprised to see the T10 Fanatec relationship fall apart and many Fanatec users boycott FM5 and possibly the new XBox.

Not going to happen. The 360 uses RF (Radio Frequency) to connect controllers, the Xbox One uses WiFi Direct to connect controllers. No Fanatec wheel has the required hardware to connect via WiFi direct.

That is really interesting Scaff, sounds like trouble to me. I have been holding off on buying a wheel for a looong time so I will be very interested as will many others. I hope they don't goof it up.

Not going to happen. The 360 uses RF (Radio Frequency) to connect controllers, the Xbox One uses WiFi Direct to connect controllers. No Fanatec wheel has the required hardware to connect via WiFi direct.

Well that is a bummer...BUT I should still be able to connect via USB...Which is not ideal but it will be happy to do it if it means my CSR will work.....Might have to buy a USB extension cord to reach my setup....

Well that is a bummer...BUT I should still be able to connect via USB...Which is not ideal but it will be happy to do it if it means my CSR will work.....Might have to buy a USB extension cord to reach my setup....
I would not count on it. you could only connect to the 360 via the wireless connection. I doubt that the new one will allow the USB either though I would be happy if it did and so would a lot of G25 G27 and DFGT users

No point making assumptions based on rumours as someone over at fm.net put it.

If they can do a convertor or something similar they've said they'll do it.

Well then.......at the end of the day I guees MS will need to install something on there Xbox or Fanatec will have to do something drastic so they will work...My opinion is that it would be a terrible marketing move NOT to make Fanatec Wheels work with the new Xbox..Especialy since the two companies are working together right now....I have faith

This is exactly why I have already sold my Xbox 360 and kept my PS3 and Fanatec GT3 RS V2 to play GT6 when it comes out. Once the Xbox One and Forza 5 prices drop, I will then start thinking about selling my Fanatec wheel and MAYBE buying a Xbox One. It all depends too if the PS4 will accept the PS3 compatible Fanatec wheels too.

Did anyone find anything about this topic this week? I am really excited for Forza5 especially with the introduction of classic grand prix cars. However, Forza5 will not be good enough to justify me buying a new wheel.

There was a post in another thread where Thomas had stated that he was at E3 and tried to get info from MS as to if the wheels would work or needed and adapter or was not possible but it appears he was not able to get an answer.

They'd be smart to find a way (they being MS). It seems that it's the Forza faithful that are helping push the Xbox One, but many are justifiably defecting if their high-end steering wheels won't work.

I will be one such defector if my wheel and peddles won't work on the new console.
MS are too much to take at this stage. I'd give anything for T10 to be an independent studio.

I've always been a PS user, up until Christmas last year when my other half and I bought each other Fanatec wheels, 360's and Forza 4. We loved it, but will happily stick two fingers up to MS and go back to the PS and GT6 if they don't make our wheels usable with the XBox One.

Same as that man. I played GT 1-4 religiously. Then I jumped over to Forza when the 360 came out and played Forza 1 as a backwards compatible game on it until 2 came out and so on and so forth.

I'm giving serious thought to acquiring a used PS3 and a copy of GT6.

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/10006

In case some haven't seen it

Thomas of Fanatec
At the moment we still did not get a final confirmation whether our Xbox 360 wheels will work on Xbox One natively (USB) or with an adaper or upgrade kit or not at all. Therefore we cannot promise you anything other than that we are trying to find a solution and if MS allows it then we would certainly support any solution which increases the compatibility of your XBox 360 wheels.

You can be sure that we are working to make our wheels compatible with the next gen consoles or develop solutions which will provide compatibility but at this point it is too early to discuss it.

Problem with us guys looking at E3 for any clues is many of the new console demos are running desktop Windows 7 PCs

#1 reason i have not and will not buy a wheel or flight setup for a console. Of course they're going to make you buy new stuff lol.

Last edited:
I'm just glad we've both still got our PS3's. Looks like we'll be needing them in the near future!

My gut feeling is PS4 will be like PS2/PS3 and PC.

Xbox One could allow USB but I doubt Microsoft will allow that for 50-100k of people who own a Fanatec wheel. Probably down to Thomas to offer something which I'll understand if its not possible for him do and not fond of the idea of addtional latency.

I hope the new thrustmaster is like the PWTS so you can have a wheel that works with Xbox One, PS4 and PC. I'll probably get the new consoles in a few years so maybe I'll upgrade my Fanatec then. T500 does look nice and future varients should be very good indeed although the state of the market I wouldn't be surprised if Thrustmaster announce in two years we're stopping production and around we go again.

Pretty laid back for the moment. It´s not going to happen for me to buy a next gen console for some time. And by the time I´m ready for it, I´m confident there will be a solution on the wheel issue.

In order for me to (ever) buy a Xbox One, one wheel that works for both consoles will be absolutely inevitable.

I made the mistake before (PS3,GT5 ; 360,FM4 ; G27 :grumpy: ) won´t do it again.

Either one wheel for both, or it´s going to be just a PS4 with a compatible wheel, if it supports my existing G27 its even better.

Good to see that Fanatec isn't just going to cash in on trying to sell everyone a new wheel. I don't have a wheel (yet), but hope it works out for those who already do.

I certainly will not buy the new XBOX One when it does not support my Fanatec Wheel (CSR Elite). Of course I am willing to buy some kind of adapter or even send it back to the factory for some hardware changes.

But I think that Microsoft has to find a solution for that problem. They already have enough problems with their new XBOX after the E3 presentation. They simply dont need another battlefield. But I did see a new Thrustmaster wheel in some Forza 5 videos from E3. Maybe they want to switch the wheel company.

Anyway: I will buy my copy of GT6 and play it on my PS3 with my CSR Elite. Because I know for sure that this will work - even when the game is not as good as Forza 5.

Back