Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Thomas made an announcement on iracing forum. Rims will be up this week, and.....a new surprise Monday! What do you think it is?

Don't think it's

-PS4 compatibility, why else announce it on the Iracing forum)
-Not another cheap wheel, because the universal hub still hasn't been delivered to most customers
-No Xbone wheelbase, why else announce it on the Iracing forum
-No direct drive wheel, if Fanatec would have a direct drive wheel now, they would develop faster than simexperience, which i highly doubt

That's why i think it's they are announcing the display this monday

He said they took it down till monday for technical issues.

Maybe the announcement is a new Porsche wheel for the CSW. He said the announcement has to do with something "round"

Did get the order confirmation though, but the wheels have been taken off line again.

Still betting on the data display, perhaps because the hub has a big data port on it.

Has anyone in the UK that has upgraded their V2 pedals spring for a stiffer one got a link? Thanks

Edit; the spring for the break pedal shock

Last edited:
Still betting on the data display, perhaps because the hub has a big data port on it.

That would send me over the cliff if that was it. I like the idea for the universal hub, but can do without for now.

Carson, please go to century spring.com and take your measurements of the stock spring and get a 130lb spring in that measurement. Its the exact same spring that was used in the CST F1 super brake. I use that on my CSP V2 and its brilliant.

Oh nice, I'm getting my handbrake and hub on Saturday. I have a bunch of wheel I'm modding right now.

The Fanatec GT2 wheel, the CSR Elite Wheel, The GTE Ferrari rim, The Thrustmaster F1 rim, etc etc. Fun times and thanks for the pics.

Nick, no matter what shock you put on there it won't make a real difference. You need a decent spring and the one I listed does the job. Turns it from toy brake, into a mans brake. :)

Nick, no matter what shock you put on there it won't make a real difference. You need a decent spring and the one I listed does the job. Turns it from toy brake, into a mans brake. :)

Agree to disagree ? lol

The shock has a LARGE part to do with it. Your just over compensating with a OVERLY stiff spring, You've basically turned your brake into a Small pogo Stick with No dampning.

Also the fact the Stock shock LITERALLY Falls apart from the inside out. YES The Crappy Cast pot Metal they used Slowly deteriorates. There's a Reason the Oil is BLACK and FILLED with metal filing's after a couple weeks of use. The Shock is Garbage.

Negative, I've also upgraded the fluid in the shock. But also the spring is progressive, its not just a spring. Its a spring that is used in most of the high end pedal sets sold on the market.

HoiHman, why are you running the Fanatec brake open like that? Save weight???

Maya,

There were some guys who wanted pics of the internals. :)

No need to save weight. This thing is ultra light, so light it almost feels like toy. When mounted though it feels solid.

Haven't got around to a test drive yet, but looking forward to doing that with my new sparco rim tonight.

Negative, I've also upgraded the fluid in the shock. But also the spring is progressive, its not just a spring. Its a spring that is used in most of the high end pedal sets sold on the market.

Upgraded oil to what ? Something that will Actually dampen through the Ridiculous 1 hole piston that was .75mm of Blow by, LOL sorry Mayaman, but untill you've raced RC's for as long as i have U Dont know what A Quality RC shock is. Spring or Not Until you've tried the Mugen setup you cant knock it.

Oh I'm not knocking it my friend, I'm sure its awesome! :)

I'm just saying you can upgrade the CSP V2 without much effort by installing a proper brake spring and upgrading the oil to a much heaver oil. I got the oil idea from Neo.

Anyway, PM me the exact shock and I'll run it with the upgraded spring.

Oh I'm not knocking it my friend, I'm sure its awesome! :)

I'm just saying you can upgrade the CSP V2 without much effort by installing a proper brake spring and upgrading the oil to a much heaver oil. I got the oil idea from Neo.

Anyway, PM me the exact shock and I'll run it with the upgraded spring.

No problemo Ill send ya the link,

Again the basic problem is with the Shock itself, Like i said the Pot metal is Junk, the shock body Literally deteriorates in a Very short amount of time, So either your changing the oil On a monthly basis either due to being Excessively Filled with Contaminants or the Shock leaks itself empty.

next problem is the piston, A 1 hole piston can Only allow So much Shaft speed, and Guess what Adding Thicker Fluid isn't helping the situation, this is where YOUR upgrade spring is 100% taking over Not really using the Oil in any way shape or form.

The Mugen Shock is a Pro level 1/8 RC shock which has Proper double O-ring's, Shaft guides, Hard Coated bodies, TiNi coated shafts, and a Proper Blatter. So As many ways as you want to swing it, The Stock CSP shock is Poop and for less than 20$ a Shock (more than likely going to pay just as much for a Single Big spring+ SHIPPING (free shipping on my link for shocks))

Also For the mounting, Do something for me Maya, Take off your Shock and Look at the Cap, there will be a Wear spot on the cap which pending how old can actually have a rather deep "gash" cut into the cap from the Pedal mount. This is THE ONLY thing that needs addressing when installing the Mugen shock. Oh well and aside from a Safety pin. :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MBX7-ECO-REA..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item56666b95c0&_uhb=1

HoiHman, Thank you for posting those pics, Wish it wasn't Prime RC season or i would be ALL over some new Fana Goodies..... Got new 3.0 TLR Kits on the way to replace the fleet of 2.0's.

Thanks for the internals, Henk.
I see now that I'll have to grab a progressive spring somewhere if I get one (back to the RC Car shop maybe?), which I won't since I have my hydraulic handbrake already.
A hydraulic handbrake acts the same way as a foot brake would. It's just a handle instead of a lever. And since this is an analog handbrake acting like a 'rally handbrake' which is hydraulic... you need some progression in the feel so that you know how much handbrake you are giving based on the resistance.

Henk, on that last pic of the hub. Where is the connector for Button 1? I only see 2 to 6. :odd:

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw in the manual that the encoder is numbered 1, so as Encoder_1.

Great manual btw! I wish they put a printed one like that in the box with every product. Easy to understand with great pictures.

Universal Hub manual: http://eu.fanatec.com/download/CSUH_Manual_web.pdf

Last edited:
I got my Universal hub and Formula "carbon" rim today:

- for the hub, i need to get a wheel to test it but so far the only comment I can make is that it will be complicated to be under 1.6 kg in total (wheel included). Hub + large paddles is already 820g (without any button box)

- The formula rim with the carbon plate looks fantastic but it is difficult to justify the 70 eur/usd difference with the standard one. It is already nice looking with the brushed metal finish so I would not recommend the carbon one. Even if it has some justification on fanatec costs side, the price increase is just too much for nearly exactly the same rim.

Carbon fiber isn't cheap to make, but it does looks cool when used correctly, the formula rim probably isn't it.

The hub and a sparco 280 mm wheel its 1.5 kg
It feels great !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 37
Thomas made an announcement on iracing forum. Rims will be up this week, and.....a new surprise Monday! What do you think it is?

Pure speculation on my part, but the Assetto Corsa was at the Nurburgring last weekend. It's relatively near Fanatec HQ. The team posted on Facebook : "We come back home from Nordschleife bringing back a lot of car data, feedback, videos, pictures and an important partnership that will be unveiled in the next few days. Stay tuned!"

I think it's pretty much worth the 400 euros though. It looks gorgeous and has carbon fiber. It just oozes quality in my opinion, or is that my drool that's oozing right now? :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Back