Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Well... Now I feel like a butt for asking. :lol:

- Bill Otis.

I don't think I have what it takes to work for Fanatec in the positions they need. I drive school busses. Let me know if there's a field trip driver position they need filled.

:D

Does anyone know what the latest drivers and firmware for the CSW V2 or V2.5 improved, changed or fixed???

Would I be able to order the EU CSL wheel and just use the wiring from my Clubsport wheel to make everything work?

EDIT: Also, my computer froze during a firmware update on my Clubsport wheel and now the wheel is bricked. How to I get it to turn back on to finish the update?

Last edited:
Alright, CSW V2.5 installed and first impressions: HOLY **** IS IT STRONG!

Like "break your wrists if you're not careful" strong.

Also, all those little details, those little bumps and cracks. Man, going from a G27 to a T300 (for a few days) to the V2.5 is like going from a Honda Civic straight to a P1. Now to get used to the load cell brakes and this will be insane in VR! :D

So I have a little scare with my CSW 2.0. While racing in Forza, I was turning right, and accidently downshifted. I quickly upshifted, but then all of a sudden, I lost FFB, I then paused the game, and then unpaused it, then I felt it come back. But now there is a slight burning smell coming from somewhere.

Also, now if I shut off my CSW. If I quickly yank the wheel to the left. It will turn back on, and do its recalibration. I shut if off again, and give it a yank, and it will turn it self on again.

Edit: now with video.

Last edited:
So I have a little scare with my CSW 2.0. While racing in Forza, I was turning right, and accidently downshifted. I quickly upshifted, but then all of a sudden, I lost FFB, I then paused the game, and then unpaused it, then I felt it come back. But now there is a slight burning smell coming from somewhere.

Also, now if I shut off my CSW. If I quickly yank the wheel to the left. It will turn back on, and do its recalibration. I shut if off again, and give it a yank, and it will turn it self on again.

Edit: now with video.

My guess is that it is an inner wiring issue. Maybe some wires got exposed and are touching something metal while you turn.

My guess is that it is an inner wiring issue. Maybe some wires got exposed and are touching something metal while you turn.

Got an email from Fanatec a couple of days ago, and they think it might be the main board. But they won't know for sure unless I send it in. So now, I'm waiting for another email from them, to get some details about sending it in and getting it fixed.

I have to say people were right, when they said Fanatec is slow at responding to emails, lol. It took them two days to respond to my initial email. Now I'm waiting on my third day for a response.

I decided to drag out my old Fanatec CSR, and have been using that in GT Sport and Forza 7. All I know is, I miss using the CSW 2.0, lol.

Edit: Got an email back from Fanatec, and they are opening up an RMA. Should hopefully get contacted soon, for details to get my wheel base sent in.

Last edited:
Back