Fanatec ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module

• Thread starter T_M
  • 13 comments
As a new owner of the CSW2.5 with a universal hub, I was looking into the magic world of magnetic shifters.

Couple of things. Coming from a G25 I really like the throw of the universal hub shifter paddles. The throw is a bit long, but while using it I've build up muscle memory to know exactly when the microswitches click.

When I look a magnetic shifter, either mods or official ones, I cannot seem to get how these have more feel. Due to the magnetic action, it's on/off. But the actuall on/off of the operated microswitch is not exactly the same as the magnetic on/off. I do realize all happens in split second, but still it seems strange, to me at least, what the fuzz is about.

Maybe when I try it , my opinion will be different, until then I like the way I am totally adjust to the spring action of the universal hub.

As a new owner of the CSW2.5 with a universal hub, I was looking into the magic world of magnetic shifters.

Couple of things. Coming from a G25 I really like the throw of the universal hub shifter paddles. The throw is a bit long, but while using it I've build up muscle memory to know exactly when the microswitches click.

When I look a magnetic shifter, either mods or official ones, I cannot seem to get how these have more feel. Due to the magnetic action, it's on/off. But the actuall on/off of the operated microswitch is not exactly the same as the magnetic on/off. I do realize all happens in split second, but still it seems strange, to me at least, what the fuzz is about.

Maybe when I try it , my opinion will be different, until then I like the way I am totally adjust to the spring action of the universal hub.
I got a $20 mag mod for my CSv.2. It is better feel, but the ergonomics weren't good. Hopefully the CSP pad kit will be much better.

Got them
20200901_153050.jpg

T_M

There is something that worries me about this adapter. This part where it connects the 6-pin connector of the original cable and the 6-pin connector of the adapter cable it looks heavy and will stand inside the steering wheel unattached. At best, this will only cause a rattle when there are intense FFB effects such as going over bumps or curbs. In the worst case, this rattle may cause damage to the PCB.

Back