Fanatec New Website

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 22 comments
Yea and its weird. I put a bundle for the ps4 in the cart and my total was over 1200, then I noticed it added 578 on top of the bundle price and called it bundle discount.

I also noticed it put a xbox wheel in the bundle.

Prices have gone up on somethings also.

No longer offering Mclaren Gt for preorder and F1 wheel now on preorder

Good luck with the new site.
Thomas said would be more secure than the old one.
Have my reservations (but lets hope so.)
Doubt will get me back as a customer though. Let down too many times to forget.

They still haven't fixed some pricing issues on the Australian site.

Buying the CSL Elite Pedals LC ($399.90) is $30 more than buying the CSL Elite Pedals and adding the LC kit $149.90 + $219.90 = $369.80 (was $349.80 before the $20 bundle discount was removed), every other region you get a discount for buying the CSL Elite Pedals LC over buying them separately.

CSL Elite Pedals + LC kit vs CSL Elite Pedals LC
Austrailia - $369.80 vs $399.90 = $30.10 more expensive
Europe - €239.90 vs €229.90 = €10 cheaper
USA - $229.90 vs $199.95 = $29.95 cheaper
Japan - 26800¥ vs 25900¥ = 900¥ cheaper

I was considering buying the pedals, so I emailed Fanatec about it and they sent me a generic email about the USA prices are without taxes, and how warehouse, shipping and taxes vary from region to region, but that is total BS as they are exactly the same product, and a little research on Youtube seems to indicate you get the same 2 boxes either way your order the pedals.

I will skip them, at least for now.

Very nice!
I especially like the cart/checkout pages. It now knows which country you are in (if you're logged in) and adjusts the VAT accordingly. Also remembers shipping type.

@DomB_Fanatec, any ETA on the forum pages? I need some settings... :)

I was looking forward so much to upgrading to Fanatec for Christmas but reading the forums over on the new site they have some serious shipping and customer service issues going on. I dont think I want to get involved in that. What a bummer I love their rims. I am new to racing so what do you guys think?

I am currently using a G29 with modded load cell pedals. I actually like the pedals alot now with the load cell and swapped spring. I will be staying with the belt driven units. Can anybody recommend something comparable to Fanatec. Does the thrustmaster ts-pc compare?

@gibbs828791 Thanks for your interest in our products. It true that there are some ongoing technical issues related to the new website, but we are making good progress. Support and sales communication has also been affected, which is why you might be seeing an influx of comments on the forum. We are working hard to resume regular service.

I was looking forward so much to upgrading to Fanatec for Christmas but reading the forums over on the new site they have some serious shipping and customer service issues going on. I dont think I want to get involved in that. What a bummer I love their rims. I am new to racing so what do you guys think?

I am currently using a G29 with modded load cell pedals. I actually like the pedals alot now with the load cell and swapped spring. I will be staying with the belt driven units. Can anybody recommend something comparable to Fanatec. Does the thrustmaster ts-pc compare?
I've been a Fanatec customer since the beginning and never had a shipping or customer service issue. All of their products have served me well and it's why I keep returning.

Thanks for the advice, I got some time, so I will wait to see how it plays out.
ISR compared the TS-PC racer to the CSL Elite a couple of years ago and found them to be somewhat on the same level.
I don't know what any of those wheels feel like, but I can tell you that going from a TM T500RS to the Fanatec CSW 2.5 was a huge step up!

Remember that you mostly hear about the bad experiences on the internet, not the good ones.

I have plenty of Fanatec gear, none of it have failed. I needed to contact customer service once due to a faulty cable, and they responded quickly and we had a good dialogue which ended in Fanatec shipping a new cable before I returned the old one.

If Fanatec was as horrible as someone makes them out to be, they would be out of business a long time ago...

Remember that you mostly hear about the bad experiences on the internet, not the good ones.

I have plenty of Fanatec gear, none of it have failed. I needed to contact customer service once due to a faulty cable, and they responded quickly and we had a good dialogue which ended in Fanatec shipping a new cable before I returned the old one.

If Fanatec was as horrible as someone makes them out to be, they would be out of business a long time ago...

Every company have failures, some more then others. My experiences with Fanatec were ... lets say trying. Although I will not buy Fanatec anymore, doesn't mean you should not. If you are happy, which you stated, then continued support is what makes a company successful.

As Lee Trevino once stated, a round of golf isn't measured by how many great shots you made, rather it is determined by how many poor shots you made. Businesses that make the fewest mistakes are the successful ones.

Back