Fanatec ClubSport Wheel & Pedal V2 Reviews

• Thread starter LogiForce
  • 166 comments
paskowitz
I would not call that "easy", but I will make note of it.

Paskowitz, what I do is connect both PS/2 and USB cable at the same time to the pedal circuit board, but make sure to not connect both cables at the same time. This way I leave the cables under pedals in between pedal plate and pedals so I can just easily grab either when needed.

paskowitz
I really did not like my T500RS. This is just my personal opinion. I got it for $381. That is why I got it. For $551 it is not worth it, especially with the Formula Rim at $700. At that point the CSW is infinitely better.

If you are tight on cash, I think it is important to realize just how good a value the G27 is. From a cost perspective, it is the best wheel on the market.

What about the reliability of the CSW? We are starting to see community reviewers report that they received bad components? Has Fanatec worked out the bugs?

Zero7159
What about the reliability of the CSW? We are starting to see community reviewers report that they received bad components? Has Fanatec worked out the bugs?

We only were able to test what we got. We never got to test the fixes Fanatec made to the hardware. So in the end... I do not know the quality of the fixed components you guys will get on your gear.

I just receive this email ( Below ) from the USA Webshop....has this problem happen to any of the tester and is this a major concern.....Its nice to see the support team is on top of this

Dear customer,

You have ordered a Formula rim for the ClubSport base. Despite the intensive quality control we discovered that a small part of the first batch of wheel rims shows a potential technical problem. On a few samples of rims which were tested during the community tests, it occurred that the spring of the shifter paddles can break after intensive use. The BMW rim is using a different spring and no issues occurred on this rim.

We wanted to pro-actively inform you about this potential issue so you can make your own decisions how to deal with it.

We can offer you the following options:

1. We deliver your rim immediately and in case you have an issue with the shifter paddle spring, we will send you two complete shifter paddle units so you can replace it by yourself. This will take about 10 to 20 minutes and we will show you how to do it.

2. We deliver your rim immediately and in case you have an issue with the shifter paddle spring, you can send us your wheel rim for repair.

3. We are now producing shifter paddles with a more reliable spring. You can wait until we can send you such a wheel rim which will take 6 to 10 weeks.

4. You can cancel or change your order

If we do not get any response from you by Friday 13.7.2012, 12.00 pm then we assume that you will choose either option 1 or 2. And we will immediately dispatch your order. In case you want to go for option 3. Or 4. , please reply to this e-mail.

Best regards,

Your Fanatec team

www.fanatec.com

It happened to 4 out of 100 wheel rims and this is above our quality standard. We don't know yet if the springs were destroyed because of a wrong assembly or if the quality of the material was bad in a certain batch.
But the tests for the latest batch are showing no problem. Our minimum requirement on the shifter paddles are 700.000 button presses. At the moment we can reach 1,5 million and more.
We know that people are concerned about the quality of this wheel so we don't want to take any risk and act pro-active instead of shipping and then just wait and see.

Thankx...glad to see the support team has solve this problem and has move forward on making this the BEST wheel out there... That was a main concern for me...I am a heavy Paddle Shifter. Having own the PTWS and the only problem I had with the wheel was the shifter. It was just a poor design on the PTWS shifter. I am glad that there is a part out there for us if the spring does break........thankx again Thomas

Last edited:
The email seems like a very appropriate way to handle the situation.

As a QA person in RL; i would like to know how you determin the amount of button presses a certain component needs to be able to handle. Is it based on a calculation? If so what parameters are involved?

I would understand if you cant answer the question..

Thomas if you do see this. Will we in the USA get tracking numbers? I'll need to be home to get the wheel and would like to know why day I will need off just in case

Thomas if you do see this. Will we in the USA get tracking numbers? I'll need to be home to get the wheel and would like to know why day I will need off just in case

I hope everybody, us europeans too, get tracking numbers as always.

A question regarding the BMW M3 GT2 rim ...

I seem to recall a Fanatec video with Thomas describing this rim as a full 350 mm diameter just like a real turing car rim. On the Fanatec web site, it says "The realistic diameter of 320 mm allows precise maneuvers and smooth driving".

Is the final product 320mm or 350mm?

A question regarding the BMW M3 GT2 rim ...

I seem to recall a Fanatec video with Thomas describing this rim as a full 350 mm diameter just like a real turing car rim. On the Fanatec web site, it says "The realistic diameter of 320 mm allows precise maneuvers and smooth driving".

Is the final product 320mm or 350mm?

320mm

HoneyBadger
Bummer - was hoping for a realistic sized rim

Do you know what the original size of that BMW M3 GT2 rim is then? Link with info would be appreciated.
Besides that, it is more then big enough for me. Bigger and I would feel like I was driving a normal car instead of a race car.

Latest Posts

Back