Fanatec csl elite PS4 find everything here.!

• Thread starter Neelyd666
  • 80 comments
United Kingdom
Scotland
Come on guys let's get all our settings and advice collated in one place and help each other out. I'm not at my wheel but will post my settings later. We have a fantastic wheel and a great game to work on let's share and get the best out of it!!!!

With some fiddling this is where I'm at right now:

Sen: Aut, FF: 100 , SHo: OFF, AbS: Off, Dri: OFF, For: 100, SPr: OFF, dPr: OFF.

Raw, 100,50, 68,62,10

I like where I'm at but know it could be better, dash or helmet view only I feel it makes a big difference what view you use.

Seriously am I the only owner of a PS4 csl elite?????
You're not alone. Sadly I got no good settings. I just got mine last week. It was bad before the patch now worse for me after patch. I found this on the official PC2 forum. Have not tried it yet.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Savoy49
Here's what I've found after some testing. As always ... your mileage may vary!

CSL Elite PS4 Wheel, CSL Elite Pedals, PS4 Pro, PC2 Patch 2.0

Wheel Settings:
Sen : 90 (or AUT ... your choice)
FF : 100 - Wheel overall strength relative to input from system
SHO : OFF - No vibration transducer in CSL Elite Wheel Rim
ABS : OFF - No vibration transducer in CSL Elite Pedals
DRI : -002 - Just barely enough to dampen out oscillations
FOR : 100 - *See note below
SPR : 100 - *See note below
DPR : 100 - *See note below
FEI : 000 - Full intensity on commanded effects
BRF : 100 - No Load Cell Upgrade

* Note on FOR/SPR/DPR - These control the strength which which the wheel executes a command from the console to provide a FFB modification: Force (push the wheel), Spring (pull the wheel to center), Damper (slows wheel motion in transition) - setting these to less than 100 takes away from FFB commands that the game is sending to the wheel and modifies the way the wheel executes the signal given to it. Turning these down reduces what the game is trying to have the wheel do.

Game Settings:
FLAVOR : Raw
GAIN : 75 - Overall strength of system output - Your choice here but this seems right to me
VOLUME : 50 - medium "weight"
TONE : 50 - medium "balance"
FX : 100 - Maximum force effects strength - *See Note 2
MENU SPRING : 0.10 - This only effects non-driving behavior of the wheel when navigating menus

* Note 2 - Maximized this to increase the amount of communication from road FFB effects. Since the game seems to be low on FFB detail I maximized this to try to add something on top of the perfectly smooth feel.

With these settings the game gives me the best feel that I have found. I think it still lacks in building load in the wheel during cornering and the resultant drop in load as the front tyres are overloaded (should maximum resistance just before slip)...but that is a problem with how the game is commanding FFB and not how the wheel is relaying FFB commands. Also lacking is FFB from rumble strips, grass, gravel, etc. I think SMS is getting close and I hope they continue to work on their overall FFB style to improve the feel when you are up against the edge of the traction circle.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...atec-CSL-Elite-PS4&highlight=Fanatec+CSLE-PS4

Last edited:
Heres another set up after the patch. These settings are not mine. There just copied from the PC2 Official page. Sorry i take no credit other then sharing it.

I've downloaded patch 2 and it has completely transformed my wheel experience, for the better!

Once the patch was installed, the wheel was recognised correctly. Jumped in to a test (Olton Park in the Ford Falcon V8) and felt completely deflated - no difference at all.

I recalibrated my wheel and pedals and tried again - no difference. Still lacking meaningful tyre force feel, track surface feel was still 'muted' to my taste etc.

I then switch from my original 'Raw' setting to 'Immersive' and it totally transformed the FFB performance, so much so, that I've had to dial all the game settings down and turn the wheel settings down too. I had tried Immersive under the old software and thought it muted things more than Raw.

Here's my new settings - very early days and there's still some minor tweaking to do but my experience of the update (for my feedback preference) is night and day difference.

Game
Immersive

Wheel
FFB 70
DRL 2
FOR 100
SPR 100
DAM 100
FEI 0

YMMV

Last edited:
I'm wanting to go from my thrustmaster setup (see sig for details) to one of these with the clubsport v3 pedals and clubsport shifter added. Has anybody made that jump ? and if so is it worth it yet or do SMS still need to sort the settings for the fanatec elite ps4 ?

I'm wanting to go from my thrustmaster setup (see sig for details) to one of these with the clubsport v3 pedals and clubsport shifter added. Has anybody made that jump ? and if so is it worth it yet or do SMS still need to sort the settings for the fanatec elite ps4 ?
SMS still need to sort the settings for the fanatec elite ps4. Going from Thrustmaster i would say jump if you're getting a good set of Fanatec pedals with the load cell. To many its a game changer. I agree. I own CSP V3 love them. I've also owned V1 and CSR Elite pedal and I've owned ac T500 and a T300 returned them both over Fanatec because much better pedals and more reliable.

SMS still need to sort the settings for the fanatec elite ps4. Going from Thrustmaster i would say jump if you're getting a good set of Fanatec pedals with the load cell. To many its a game changer. I agree. I own CSP V3 love them. I've also owned V1 and CSR Elite pedal and I've owned ac T500 and a T300 returned them both over Fanatec because much better pedals and more reliable.

I'd like to second ron24 for his advice I went through one t500 (which I sold) three t300s and and although I haven't been able to afford the pedals yet buying my csl elite PS4 has been just amazing, completely night and day from my t300 I couldn't recommend it more highly.

While I'm on I'd also like to thank ron24 for being brave and going immersive again on his settings after the patch. I've got to say I'd been a little brainwashed as everything I read seemed to indicate raw was the only way to go but now I can say I've finally finished tinkering and although slightly different from ron24 I'm just happy racing away and I don't alter at all for individual cars. Yippee!! Cheers ron24!

I'd like to second ron24 for his advice I went through one t500 (which I sold) three t300s and and although I haven't been able to afford the pedals yet buying my csl elite PS4 has been just amazing, completely night and day from my t300 I couldn't recommend it more highly.

While I'm on I'd also like to thank ron24 for being brave and going immersive again on his settings after the patch. I've got to say I'd been a little brainwashed as everything I read seemed to indicate raw was the only way to go but now I can say I've finally finished tinkering and although slightly different from ron24 I'm just happy racing away and I don't alter at all for individual cars. Yippee!! Cheers ron24!
I can't take the credit for the settings as i just copied and pasted from the official PC2 page. But I can vouch on Fanatec products. I've also owned Fanatec GT2 wheel , CSR wheel, CSW v2 wheel base. Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals and Clubsport V1 pedals. I've only had minor problems over the years and got them fixed quickly as when support ask you to do a video or a picture it vastly improves fixing things.

I too have the CSL-E PS4, but PC2 is pretty much broken for our wheels. I messed about with it for ages and have tried all the settings I've found online looking for a good feel, but to no avail. Nothing I do makes it feel remotely good.

Do what I did and go back to PC1, and try it out with this wheel. It feels fantastic compared to PC2. So there's definitely something major wrong with the support for our wheels in PC2. Hopefully SMS fix it quickly.

I too have the CSL-E PS4, but PC2 is pretty much broken for our wheels. I messed about with it for ages and have tried all the settings I've found online looking for a good feel, but to no avail. Nothing I do makes it feel remotely good.

Do what I did and go back to PC1, and try it out with this wheel. It feels fantastic compared to PC2. So there's definitely something major wrong with the support for our wheels in PC2. Hopefully SMS fix it quickly.
Yes I do agree on that as it not a very good ffb feel in PC2. I played PC1 with my CSW base V2 but not the csl so can't compare 100% but from what I recall PC1 is much better ffb feel but not that good. Sadly I feel it goes back to NFS Shift 2 never had good wheel feeling ffb with Fanatec wheels. I just got my Fanatec porsche 911 gt2 when Shift 2 came out.

Yes I do agree on that as it not a very good ffb feel in PC2. I played PC1 with my CSW base V2 but not the csl so can't compare 100% but from what I recall PC1 is much better ffb feel but not that good. Sadly I feel it goes back to NFS Shift 2 never had good wheel feeling ffb with Fanatec wheels. I just got my Fanatec porsche 911 gt2 when Shift 2 came out.

I haven't tried PC2 in CSW V2 compatibility mode, but I've tried it in the new G29 style compatibility mode, and it feels great. Not as good as AC obviously, but not really that far off. Compared to the current state of PC2, PC1 feels so much better you'd swear it was the sequel and not the prequel, which is a sad state of affairs indeed.

After patch two did you give Immersive a try?

Yeah it gives the FFB a tiny bit more life, but it's still awful. Something definitely wrong, as even Pcars 1 feels in another league. Hell, even Driveclub's FFB is better, and everyone knows how crap DC's FFB is lol

I'm getting a bit worried! :)

Just ordered a CSL Elite PS4 with CSL Elite pedals yesterday - Am I going to be disappointed coming from my G27?!

Not at all!! It's a fantastic bit of kit I personally am extremely happy and can share my settings if you like. Regarding pc2 I am now totally happy with the feel of ffb but I guess some people aren't and if your not everyone else seems to be on assetto-corsa, pc1 and gt sport so you still have lots of options for a quality driving experience.

Last edited:
Not at all!! It's a fantastic bit of kit I personally am extremely happy and can share my settings if you like. Regarding pc2 I am now totally happy with the feel of ffb but I guess some people aren't and if your not everyone else seems to be on assetto-corsa, pc1 and gt sport so you still have lots of options for a quality driving experience.

Glad to hear that - I'm primarily going to be using the wheel for PC2.

I do have Assetto Corsa too, but haven't really tried it out yet.

I'm getting a bit worried! :)

Just ordered a CSL Elite PS4 with CSL Elite pedals yesterday - Am I going to be disappointed coming from my G27?!

I was about to buy the wheel yesterday but I decided to wait. There is only 5 games that are officially "PS4 ready" : Assetto Corsa, Dirt 4, F1 2017, Project Cars2, WRC 7 for now (Firmware version 335). Unfortunately, this is the first official Fanatec wheel for PS4 and from what I can read in the forums (gtplanet, fanatec, projectcars) people are not really happy with how it performs on the PS4 yet. Assetto Corsa seems to offer the best FFB experience (even though there is still mapping and handbrake problem), for Project Cars 2 and GT Sport the best advice seems to use the compatibility mode with the settings posted by @ron24.

I think that the wheel is "new" and it takes time for the dev to integrate it on their games for the PS4. So I'm looking how it is evolving with the 3 main titles on the forum before buying the complete set on Fanatec's website.

The compatibility mode emulates a G29 so you can play on PS4 with : Dirt Rally, DriveClub, F1 2015, F1 2016, Gran Turismo® Sport, Project Cars, Sebastien Loed Rally Evo, The Crew (Wild Run), WRC 5, WRC 6 on PS4

Sounds great. I’m still not convinced I should pick the csl over the t-GT. Mind sharing your settings you use with project cars 2?

Wheel settings Dri off, ffb 100, for 100,spr 100,dam 100,fei 0

Immersive

configuration settings are .

My settings if anyone would like to try, once I got over being a snob about sticking to raw flavour I haven't looked back. Thanks ron24 for the base settings.

To note I only drive in car or helmet cam and PS4 mode.

Last edited:

Immersive

My settings if anyone would like to try, once I got over being a snob about sticking to raw flavour I haven't looked back. Thanks ron24 for the base settings.

Thanks! I have my g29 dialed in at the moment. So if/when I get a CSL I will compare the FFB and report back.
G29:
Informative
Did you try informative? You get more road feel on the g29 compared to immersive. I noticed a lot of people with CSL were using either RAW or Immersive.

I did but it just didn't give me as much feel as Immersive.
I think you just convinced me to bite the bulllet.. the complaints about compatibility with PCars2 was holding me back. Too bad the formula rim is backordered till end of the year. A well it gives me time to finish Horizon Zero Dawn.

Immersive

I have not had a chance to spend time with your setting but I will give them a go tonight. That's what I was missing your wheel settings.

Last edited:
What are people saying about the t, gt I haven't looked into it? Due to my 3 broken t300s therfore steering away from thrustmaster .
I found some reports of problems primarily with the pedals. Seems to me thrustmaster really has structural quality control issues.

Received my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 and CSL pedals yesterday, and startet tuning things to my liking, coming from a G27.

I think I have found an okay setup now, only thing is I cannot get the same feedback from going over kurbs as I had before - it doesn't feel as strong as before. I tried playing around with FX and Tone, but can't seem to get it right.

I do have a butkicker that gives me tactile feedback for kurbs and stuff, but I wouldn't mind having a little more feedback from the wheel too...

oh, and I'm on a PC :)

What's your overall impressions of your new kit? I'm on PS4 so as I gather PS4 settings are quite different from PC. For anyone on PS4 who's interested Shawn from simpit said yesterday he had info that sms and fanatec are working on the PS4 ffb for an update.

Back