Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Full Settings (including FFB of course...)PS4 

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 42 comments
Portugal
Seixal
zefthebestofcour
Hi Guys!!!!

Just started today on PC2... and I would like advice about the configuration (full Configuration.. FFB included) if you are using a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 as your driving wheel on this game (PC users also...)!

Sharing it would be awesome to everyone that also has same wheel...

Thanks!!! (in advance) :)

Meanwhile ...

I have found that this wheel only on PC2 ... has this major problem ... it keeps loosing its centering!!! Yesterday night it happened to me several times... recentering was needed ... but that was only possible leaving the game! ( shutting it down and restarting it from sceatch...)

Sen Aut
FF 100
Sho 100
ABS off
Dri -02
For 120
Spr off
Dpr off
Brf 30 I think that only applies to CSL pedals.
Fei 10
20181123_202956.jpg
20181123_202947.jpg
20181123_202918.jpg

@Mirror_man
I've never experienced the problem you've described, have you tried to calibrate your wheel in-game?

Hi Titzon!!!

I think I took it for what I´ve wrote at first.. but then... I changed my mind about the "issue" that caused the "feeling" of having the wheel uncentered... and now I think the reason was not a malfunction.. but that one of the car wheels was seriously affected (probably punted) when the car left track... as only the 3rd time i´ve noticed that on the wheel temperature image indicator... one of the wheels (in the front) simply was missing!!!

And thank you for sharing your setup! :)

Last edited:
I should be getting a Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4 (the start up bundle with the regular 2-pedals. Couldn't afford the extra for the Load Cell brake pedal at this time) in about a week's time so keeping an eye on this thread to try the settings when mine arrives.
How long have you been racing with these settings Titzon and has it been working out really well?
About the "Drift" setting. I think I recall seeing previously it would be best to have Drift (Dri) set to "Off" or "0". I see you have it at "-02" so wondering about that.

I should be getting a Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4 (the start up bundle with the regular 2-pedals. Couldn't afford the extra for the Load Cell brake pedal at this time) in about a week's time so keeping an eye on this thread to try the settings when mine arrives.
How long have you been racing with these settings Titzon and has it been working out really well?
About the "Drift" setting. I think I recall seeing previously it would be best to have Drift (Dri) set to "Off" or "0". I see you have it at "-02" so wondering about that.

Not all cars are equal ... I bet that this setting will help on some... at least...

Last edited:
@davidt33
Drift with a + value speeds up how fast the wheel turns.
Off is neutral.
A negative setting adds a little drag.

It's just a felling I like. Experiment yourself to see what you like.

I've tried to set my ffb up with plenty of slip and tyre force in it. I generally only get a slight bit of clipping over bad bumps while turning. That's what we should be aiming for according to the devs.

Hi @Titzon Toast , me again. Hope you don't mind Mirror_Man but I'd like to ask a question of Titzon on another topic since he's on this thread and may be more knowledgeable on what I need to know. It's about installing the latest Drivers and Firmware. I've seen it's been advised when you get a Fanatec wheel (and/or during course of time) to ensure you have installed or to install the latest driver/s (and may Firmware too I think).
I'm expecting to get my CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 bundle next week and want to get a heads up in advance so when I get it to have a clearer understanding of what to do when I get it. (I've been searching the net for answers but things are a bit confusing still).

Things to keep in mind:
The wheel and pedal set is the: Fanatec CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 (CSL Elite base with standard pedals, not loadcell brake).
Platform is of course: PS4 console (not Xbox nor PC).

I see on the Fanatec website (US) "DOWNLOADS" page:
Drivers:
Fanatec Driver 32bit v293
Fanatec Driver 64bit v293
Fanatec Driver 32bit v311
Fanatec Driver 64bit v311

Questions are:
1. What is the "32bit" and "64bit" about? How do I know which one to download for installation? Is one for PC and the other for console perhaps?
2. Of the version numbers seen (v293 and v311), how come they have the two versions available for download/install?. Is the higher version number the latest version or what?
.....Regards questions 1 and 2 above, again my focus is what's needed for PS4 console.

And here comes equally what I need to know and yet of which I'm unclear:
3. ----->How do I download and install the Driver/s?....And what about Firmware? Am I to download/install Firmware too?

I understand to download/install whatever they say you need to hook up your wheel to a PC.
When they say "PC" do they mean Windows based PC only or can you download/install via a Mac PC? (I'm a Mac user BTW so all my computer and peripherals are Mac). I don't game on the Mac or Windows based PC though, only PS4 console. Pcars2, GTsport, Dirt 4 (mainly Pcars2).
.....Also what do you need to hook up to the "PC"?....The wheelbase with wheel? Or do you have to hook up the pedals too?

If you can shed some light for me on question 1, 2, 3 and especially "#3" I'll be mighty appreciative.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to be as clear as possible and I do need clarity.

I'm no expert but I'll answer as best I can.

1. That is to do with the operating system of your pc/laptop.

2. The higher version is for the F1 rim add-on. I don't think there are any other changes between the two.

3. The drivers and FW are available to download from the Fanatec website.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of your new set-up after being used to the G29. Keep us informed man.

I'm no expert but I'll answer as best I can.

1. That is to do with the operating system of your pc/laptop.

2. The higher version is for the F1 rim add-on. I don't think there are any other changes between the two.

3. The drivers and FW are available to download from the Fanatec website.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of your new set-up after being used to the G29. Keep us informed man.
Thanks for the answers Titzon. I'm looking forward to it also. I've always said if I have to get another wheel I'd love to get a Fanatec, especially after the CSL Elite for PS4 was released and agreement to facilitate was eventually reached with Sony to incorporate. The G29 was basically plug and play but the CSL Elite is a bit more complicated with having to download and install drivers etc and whatever else....and also some wheel settings/configurations and FFB would need some rethinking, hence I'm trying to get as much information I can beforehand to avoid guesswork. I'll definitely update you on my feedback.

About question #1. "PC". Since "PC" is sometimes used interchangeably as "Personal Computer", and to others either Mac or as Windows based PC the meaning oftentimes get confused.
To be sure, it's a windows based PC I have to connect the wheel to for installation/updating drivers and firmware right?
Can't do so connected to a Mac? If not, it's a bitch having to disconnect the wheelbase including wheel to then tote to somewhere/someone else with a Windows based PC in order to install updates and whatever. And I still don't know if I have to also take along the pedals to hook that up also.

Regarding Firmware updates, all I've been able to see so far on the Fanatec website in "Downloads" in Drivers. Haven't seen Firmware Updates unless I've missed it.

Last edited:
I haven't used an Apple computer since about 1992 when I was in school so I can't really help you out there dude, sorry.

As far as I know, the FW should be included in the Driver no?

I have a friend who knows everything about Fanatec and he's always helped me out whenever I get stuck. I'll ask him later on.

Hi @Titzon Toast , me again. Hope you don't mind Mirror_Man but I'd like to ask a question of Titzon on another topic since he's on this thread and may be more knowledgeable on what I need to know. It's about installing the latest Drivers and Firmware. I've seen it's been advised when you get a Fanatec wheel (and/or during course of time) to ensure you have installed or to install the latest driver/s (and may Firmware too I think).
I'm expecting to get my CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 bundle next week and want to get a heads up in advance so when I get it to have a clearer understanding of what to do when I get it. (I've been searching the net for answers but things are a bit confusing still).

Things to keep in mind:
The wheel and pedal set is the: Fanatec CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 (CSL Elite base with standard pedals, not loadcell brake).
Platform is of course: PS4 console (not Xbox nor PC).

I see on the Fanatec website (US) "DOWNLOADS" page:
Drivers:
Fanatec Driver 32bit v293
Fanatec Driver 64bit v293
Fanatec Driver 32bit v311
Fanatec Driver 64bit v311

Questions are:
1. What is the "32bit" and "64bit" about? How do I know which one to download for installation? Is one for PC and the other for console perhaps?
2. Of the version numbers seen (v293 and v311), how come they have the two versions available for download/install?. Is the higher version number the latest version or what?
.....Regards questions 1 and 2 above, again my focus is what's needed for PS4 console.

And here comes equally what I need to know and yet of which I'm unclear:
3. ----->How do I download and install the Driver/s?....And what about Firmware? Am I to download/install Firmware too?

I understand to download/install whatever they say you need to hook up your wheel to a PC.
When they say "PC" do they mean Windows based PC only or can you download/install via a Mac PC? (I'm a Mac user BTW so all my computer and peripherals are Mac). I don't game on the Mac or Windows based PC though, only PS4 console. Pcars2, GTsport, Dirt 4 (mainly Pcars2).
.....Also what do you need to hook up to the "PC"?....The wheelbase with wheel? Or do you have to hook up the pedals too?

If you can shed some light for me on question 1, 2, 3 and especially "#3" I'll be mighty appreciative.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to be as clear as possible and I do need clarity.

1.both are pc drivers they wont work on mac the 64/32bit is just a windows thing older windows was 32bit and only used 4gb of ram but 64bit allows as much as you can afford.
2.they are just older and newer drivers(sometimes updates mess up so they keep older drivers on the site as well)
3.if your not gaming on that system the drivers aren't needed unless they install extra stuff that then allows you to upgrade the firmware(the drivers just run the game on windows and don't effect ps4 play its the firmware that updates the brains of the wheel and yeh have all bits plugged in when you do updates.

1.both are pc drivers they wont work on mac the 64/32bit is just a windows thing older windows was 32bit and only used 4gb of ram but 64bit allows as much as you can afford.
2.they are just older and newer drivers(sometimes updates mess up so they keep older drivers on the site as well)
3.if your not gaming on that system the drivers aren't needed unless they install extra stuff that then allows you to upgrade the firmware(the drivers just run the game on windows and don't effect ps4 play its the firmware that updates the brains of the wheel and yeh have all bits plugged in when you do updates.
Thanks for the detailed response and clarification @FOG-Smokebeer .
Regards #3 "if your not gaming on that system the drivers aren't needed unless......"
......Just to be sure, Since I'd be gaming solely on the PS4 console (and not Windows based PC) it won't be necessary for me to tote my wheel (with base) and pedals to someone else who has a Windows-based PC to then hook up and install/update drivers and firmware?... (and then to have to dismantle and take back home)?
Would be a relief if I don't have to do that because that would be a bit of a hassle, but again just want to be sure.

On a related matter, from what I recall earlier on there was some rattling users complained about with the CSL Elite (coming from the wheelbase or whatever) and following that they released some fix for it (don't know if the fix may have been contained in some driver and/or firmware update). When I get my CSL Elite Starter Kit for PS4 do you think whatever fixes or updates would have already been contained?

Also is there any way I can tell what is the latest version of driver and firmware contained in the CSL Elite when I get it without having to hook it up to a Windows-based PC to check?

Sorry m8 but yes you need the wheel setup and ready to use when you install drivers :( try getting a laptop any old one should do as it wont be running games. I use thrustmaster t300 so cant help a lot with the rattle just remember google can be the best aid to sorting issues out :)

helpful topics
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64994-Firmware-version-for-CSL-Elite
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51583-Fanatec-CSL-Elite-PS4
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64786-help-with-ffb-and-fanatec-csl-elite

Sorry m8 but yes you need the wheel setup and ready to use when you install drivers :( try getting a laptop any old one should do as it wont be running games. I use thrustmaster t300 so cant help a lot with the rattle just remember google can be the best aid to sorting issues out :)

helpful topics
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64994-Firmware-version-for-CSL-Elite
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51583-Fanatec-CSL-Elite-PS4
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64786-help-with-ffb-and-fanatec-csl-elite
Thanks again for all the info from you @FOG-Smokebeer and others. And thanks for including those links. I'd been searching before for same specifically related to the CSL Elite for PS4 without much luck. Currently going through the links.
As I'm reading through what I'm getting is although I'd be solely using it on the PS4 console I would still need to initially hook it up (wheel and pedals) to a (Windows-based) PC to ensure the latest driver/firmware is installed. I'll have to take it to someone, most likely a family member, who has a "PC" to hook up and do the necessaries but it seems a necessary evil. After that I should be good to go.
Cheers and thanks again for the feedback. They have proved to be most informative.

@davidt33
You should definitely update the driver/ firmware. Even if you have to carry the wheel base and pedals to somebody’s Microsoft Windows based PC. Plug pedals into wheel base and tun the update on the whole shebang. Have the steering wheel on the wheel base because after the firmware update you need to calibrate center and then show it 90°.
Also check out my post about SimPit video reviews on Lobanaro thread.

Last edited:
@davidt33
You should definitely update the driver/ firmware. Even if you have to carry the wheel base and pedals to somebody’s Microsoft Windows based PC. Plug pedals into wheel base and tun the update on the whole shebang. Have the steering wheel on the wheel base because after the firmware update you need to calibrate center and then show it 90°.
Also check out my post about SimPit video reviews on Lobanaro thread.
Thanks @Rob Brown . Will do. Have to confess (*ashamed*) one thing I'm still not sure about is to how to update the firmware and driver.
How is the Firmware installed and updated? Reason for asking...On Fanatec's "Downloads" website (For the CSL Elite PS4) I'm only seeing "Drivers"...the latest versions I imagine. No Firmware downloads. For PS4, is the Firmware included in the Driver?

And the cruncher... How do you actually do the updating after hooking up the equipment to a "PC"?
Do you have to download the Firmware and/or Driver from the website's link directly to the Download location on the PC first before whatever or do you click on whatever respective button on the setup/guide through window which then automatically retrieves the Firmware/Driver from the website or whatever? That still remains a mystery for me.

And what about the other settings and FFB?...The ones available to do from the wheel (eg: SEN, FFB, SHO, ABS, DRI etc). Do I have to do those while hooked up to the Windows PC or can I do those afterwards while hooked up to the PS4 console back at home?

@davidt33
I didn’t understand beforehand either but it is almost foolproof. You’ll download from Fantec web site an executable file on MS PC. Clicking/opening this will install a tiny Fanatec program. This program will instruct you to plug in your wheel base (pedals already plugged into wheel base) for the firmware update (driver update kind of synonymous here).
If you watch the Sim pit videos, Shaun Cole will tell you that while all the ‘adjustments’ and/or settings are available from within this tiny Fanatec program, all adjustments can all be done directly on the wheel (later and however often you want).
The whole process is all quite quick and easy. Then you’ll be assured that any bugs or fixes have been applied so that the components work with all the various sims/games. Having said this, at the moment I can’t get my clutch to work for Dirk Rally 4.

@davidt33
I didn’t understand beforehand either but it is almost foolproof. You’ll download from Fantec web site an executable file on MS PC. Clicking/opening this will install a tiny Fanatec program. This program will instruct you to plug in your wheel base (pedals already plugged into wheel base) for the firmware update (driver update kind of synonymous here).
If you watch the Sim pit videos, Shaun Cole will tell you that while all the ‘adjustments’ and/or settings are available from within this tiny Fanatec program, all adjustments can all be done directly on the wheel (later and however often you want).
The whole process is all quite quick and easy. Then you’ll be assured that any bugs or fixes have been applied so that the components work with all the various sims/games. Having said this, at the moment I can’t get my clutch to work for Dirk Rally 4.
Thanks a whole whole bunch @Rob Brown . That surely clarifies a lot more for me.
And I'll def check out the Sim pit, Shaun Cole vids you suggested. Sorry to hear bout your clutch issue on Dirt 4 though. Hope you get it sorted out.

(((((((DRUMROLL))))))).....Well I got my Fanatec CSL Elite Starter Kit bundle for PS4 delivered 2 days ago Thursday 6th Dec. Man the Fanatec CSL Elite makes the Logitech G29 look like a toy. It looks so freaking good. Everything is currently mounted up on my Wheel Stand Deluxe Pro (same stand I used for the Logitech G29). All cables for base and pedals connected. The only cables not connected are the power cord and USB because I'm waiting to take the whole shebang to someone who has a Windows PC in order to do the Driver/Firmware update to be sure latest is installed before using.

Quick question. For the Driver/Firmware update....When I take my stuff (Pain in the a-s) to whoever has a Windows-based PC in order to do the update/s, following powering up do I have to switch the Mode to PC mode (Red) because it's then hooked up to a Windows PC just to do the update/s?.... OR do I leave it on PS4 Mode (Blue) seeing that the platform I'll be using the wheel etc on thereafter is the PS4 console?

From what I gather from the manual, when the CSL Elite PS4 powers on it will default power on in PS4 Mode (Blue LED) so I was wondering if it's ok simply to leave it on PS4 mode then (or switch to PS4 mode if not selected)....then to do the updates.....Or do I have to put it on PC Mode because at that time for updating it's connected to a Windows-based PC?

If I can get some clarification on that it will be greatly appreciated. I think after that I'm good to go.

(((((((DRUMROLL))))))).....Well I got my Fanatec CSL Elite Starter Kit bundle for PS4 delivered 2 days ago Thursday 6th Dec. Man the Fanatec CSL Elite makes the Logitech G29 look like a toy. It looks so freaking good. Everything is currently mounted up on my Wheel Stand Deluxe Pro (same stand I used for the Logitech G29). All cables for base and pedals connected. The only cables not connected are the power cord and USB because I'm waiting to take the whole shebang to someone who has a Windows PC in order to do the Driver/Firmware update to be sure latest is installed before using.

Quick question. For the Driver/Firmware update....When I take my stuff (Pain in the a-s) to whoever has a Windows-based PC in order to do the update/s, following powering up do I have to switch the Mode to PC mode (Red) because it's then hooked up to a Windows PC just to do the update/s?.... OR do I leave it on PS4 Mode (Blue) seeing that the platform I'll be using the wheel etc on thereafter is the PS4 console?

From what I gather from the manual, when the CSL Elite PS4 powers on it will default power on in PS4 Mode (Blue LED) so I was wondering if it's ok simply to leave it on PS4 mode then (or switch to PS4 mode if not selected)....then to do the updates.....Or do I have to put it on PC Mode because at that time for updating it's connected to a Windows-based PC?

If I can get some clarification on that it will be greatly appreciated. I think after that I'm good to go.
It would be easier for someone to bring a Windows laptop to you, than you take your kit to them yes?

It would be easier for someone to bring a Windows laptop to you, than you take your kit to them yes?
Yes, I would prefer that myself and would ask but you know some people don't like to inconvenience themselves too much so just in case I'll tote it to them just to get the updates and whatever done. Pity the updates couldn't be done via a Mac (especially in this day and age) but it is what it is.
Fortunately as it stands with everything already mounted and connected on the Wheel Stand Pro it wouldn't be that much of a problem for me to take to them.

Are you in a position to shed some light on the question I asked though? That's the one grey area remaining.

Info on page 20
Thanks but I'd already downloaded the full manual from the website a few days ago in anticipation and browsed through. Read over again this morning prior to posting and took note of that section "Function Features" re Firmware/Driver updates. However it doesn't indicate for updating (while hooked up to a Windows PC) which mode the base station should be set to, Red (PC) or Blue (PS4), hence I wanted to double-check to make sure.

Back