Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Full Settings (including FFB of course...)PS4 

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 42 comments
Thanks but I'd already downloaded the full manual from the website a few days ago in anticipation and browsed through. Read over again this morning prior to posting and took note of that section "Function Features" re Firmware/Driver updates. However it doesn't indicate for updating (while hooked up to a Windows PC) which mode the base station should be set to, Red (PC) or Blue (PS4), hence I wanted to double-check to make sure.

Red.. no doubts about it...

You must also unconnect the pedals from main fanatec base and connect it directly to usb pc port to correctly fine tune (calibrate) the pedals... that will only be achieved that way!

Last edited:
Red.. no doubts about it...

You must also unconnect the pedals from main fanatec base and connect it directly to usb pc port to correctly fine tune the pedals... that will only be achieved that way!
Re: "Red.. no doubts about it..."
Thanks. To be clear, for the updating while hooked up to (Windows) PC, if it starts up in default Blue (PS4 mode) make sure the base station mode is set to Red (PC) right?....Even though I'll afterwards be using the wheel on PS4 console (at which time I will then select PS4 Blue mode).

Re: "You must also unconnect the pedals from main fanatec base and connect it directly to usb pc port to correctly fine tune the pedals... that will only be achieved that way!"
Ok this one confuses me. I was told previously just to make sure the base (with steering wheel attached of course) and pedals were connected (to base) before connecting to PC via USB before powering on. From thereon run the pre-downloaded Driver and proceed via instruction screens with testing and updating of Firmware, Driver etc. That this was all that was necessary.

No mention of afterwards also disconnecting the pedals from the base to hook up separately to the PC's USB port (to fine tune the pedals). Actually I don't think the pedals have a USB port or USB cable connection so that leaves me a bit confused. As far as i'm aware besides short connectors that directly connects to and from the pedal box, the other cable is the long RJ12 cable that connects from the pedals to the wheelbase. Other than that there the USB cable that connects from the wheelbase's USB to the PC's USB and/or PS4 console's USB port.

Last edited:
Hum I see.. I though you add the loadcell addon... that one has for sure an usb port.. but if you dont have the cable but have the usb conecting port on your pedals.. just use any ordinary printer to usb connectibg cable... it wont cost you more than 5€ for sure to get one.. calibration of pedals can only be done like that...

Hum I see.. I though you add the loadcell addon... that one has for sure an usb port.. but if you dont have the cable but have the usb conecting port on your pedals.. just use any ordinary printer to usb connectibg cable... it wont cost you more than 5€ for sure to get one.. calibration of pedals can only be done like that...
Yeah I just went with the CSL Elite Starter Kit bundle that includes the standard 2-pedal set (accelerator and brake). Didn't need a clutch pedal as I solely use the paddles for gear shifting. Works for me. As for the loadcell brake addon I considered but couldn't afford at this time. The Fanatec Starter Kit cost a good chunk as it stands already. Maybe sometime down the road I would get the loadcell brake addon.

BTW, I called my nephew who has a "PC" laptop and asked him if he could pop over by me to do the updates instead of me having to tote my stuff to him and he agreed. He said tonight so I'm hoping he keeps his word. Keeping fingers crossed.

Yeah I just went with the CSL Elite Starter Kit bundle that includes the standard 2-pedal set (accelerator and brake). Didn't need a clutch pedal as I solely use the paddles for gear shifting. Works for me. As for the loadcell brake addon I considered but couldn't afford at this time. The Fanatec Starter Kit cost a good chunk as it stands already. Maybe sometime down the road I would get the loadcell brake addon.

BTW, I called my nephew who has a "PC" laptop and asked him if he could pop over by me to do the updates instead of me having to tote my stuff to him and he agreed. He said tonight so I'm hoping he keeps his word. Keeping fingers crossed.

I’m guessing everything went ok since you’ve never posted otherwise but I just wanted to add that I am also a Mac user and I got around the whole PC only thing by loading a free VM software and running windows 10 virtually. I can’t think exactly what the name was but if you just google virtual machine you should have no problems finding it.

I’m guessing everything went ok since you’ve never posted otherwise but I just wanted to add that I am also a Mac user and I got around the whole PC only thing by loading a free VM software and running windows 10 virtually. I can’t think exactly what the name was but if you just google virtual machine you should have no problems finding it.
Yeah everything went well @GreenT . I ended up having to take it to him since he thought that would have been more convenient for him at the time. Those are the breaks I guess. After one or two unsure moments by him in accessing the downloaded Driver/Firmware (he wasn't sure where it was and what to click on etc etc....as it was the first time he was trying too as well) we eventually got it sorted out it seemed. Everything went well when I got back home and tested so I assumed all went well.

And yeah about installing the VM and Microsoft OS on my Mac that's what I intend to do. Already done all the research etc so pretty confident as to what I have to do. I'd much prefer being able to do whatever from home by me too without having to rely on someone else or at their convenience and to feel rushed so I'm looking forward to that. Cheers.

Yeah everything went well @GreenT . I ended up having to take it to him since he thought that would have been more convenient for him at the time. Those are the breaks I guess. After one or two unsure moments by him in accessing the downloaded Driver/Firmware (he wasn't sure where it was and what to click on etc etc....as it was the first time he was trying too as well) we eventually got it sorted out it seemed. Everything went well when I got back home and tested so I assumed all went well.

And yeah about installing the VM and Microsoft OS on my Mac that's what I intend to do. Already done all the research etc so pretty confident as to what I have to do. I'd much prefer being able to do whatever from home by me too without having to rely on someone else or at their convenience and to feel rushed so I'm looking forward to that. Cheers.
Im sure you could of just plugged and played into the PS4. My wheel froze the very first time I downloaded the driver's and updated Firmware, went back and forth with Fanatec, about gas pedal not working, wheel losing its centering while racing, screens scrolling, screens popping up on there own. Thought I had fixed it after 30 or so times upadting. Ended up having to make them videos. I mailed my PS4 starter kit back to them, they fixed it and mailed it back the same week, kudos to them for the quickness.
I'm still messing with FFB, but comparing to my T500 (thrustmaster) the T500 feels a touch better. Still a very nice though. Glad yours is working good for you. See ya on the track David

Im sure you could of just plugged and played into the PS4. My wheel froze the very first time I downloaded the driver's and updated Firmware, went back and forth with Fanatec, about gas pedal not working, wheel losing its centering while racing, screens scrolling, screens popping up on there own. Thought I had fixed it after 30 or so times upadting. Ended up having to make them videos. I mailed my PS4 starter kit back to them, they fixed it and mailed it back the same week, kudos to them for the quickness.
I'm still messing with FFB, but comparing to my T500 (thrustmaster) the T500 feels a touch better. Still a very nice though. Glad yours is working good for you. See ya on the track David
Yeah Onespace. I was fairly certain I could have just plugged and play but wanted to be sure nevertheless I had the latest Driver/Firmware installed. I'm finicky like dat.
Knock on wood I had no problems following. The wheel is super smooth and the fans nice and quiet...I can hardly tell the fan is on, but it is. Pedals working fine, clutches, the works. I'm extremely pleased and I think it's actually going to help improve my racing. I can feel it already making a difference. And yup, see you on the track bro. All the best to you and the fam.

Anyone could advise me why there is no brake rumble and pedal rumble on Fanatec V3 for ps4?
I have the very same problem, and we're not alone unfortunately.
It's a random problem from what I've read online too. My friend has the exact same set up as me and his brake rumbles away just fine.

Mine rumbles in test mode on my laptop, but no amount of testing on the PS4 will get it working there. It's very frustrating isn't it?

I recently bought a CSL Elite PS4.
I was able to find good setups for ACC, RRE, DR2 and I really enjoy my new wheel.
Unfortunately I cannot find some decent settings for PC2.
I tried Fanatec's recommended setting, Jack Spade's and Christiaan's FFB presets with no luck.
I passed two days looking in forums and trying various user's settings.
Nothing can make this game driveable.
And it's hard to describe the experience.
If I have to give only one name to my problems that would be : oversteer.
But not only.
A lot of spinouts and loose of control even on straights.

The whole thing is incredible and I am starting to think that the settings I find are outdated as the game had a few patches and the CSL some firmware updates as well.

Is there anybody who is still playing the game with the above wheel and wish to share his current settings ?

ps: I play on PC

I recently bought a CSL Elite PS4.
I was able to find good setups for ACC, RRE, DR2 and I really enjoy my new wheel.
Unfortunately I cannot find some decent settings for PC2.
I tried Fanatec's recommended setting, Jack Spade's and Christiaan's FFB presets with no luck.
I passed two days looking in forums and trying various user's settings.
Nothing can make this game driveable.
And it's hard to describe the experience.
If I have to give only one name to my problems that would be : oversteer.
But not only.
A lot of spinouts and loose of control even on straights.

The whole thing is incredible and I am starting to think that the settings I find are outdated as the game had a few patches and the CSL some firmware updates as well.

Is there anybody who is still playing the game with the above wheel and wish to share his current settings ?

ps: I play on PC
Well I still play it and on PC, Xbox 1x, and PS4 Pro with the csl elite, and usually the gt3 rim but I can tell you that honestly...... There isn't a truly good setting. You can make it better in some aspects but it still sadly over matched by pretty much every other sim. The best I've found is the latest ffb package for pc2 at
R***D*********.com. I can't remember if allowed to post other sites or not so forgive me not naming and just let me know admins as I'll delete the post if needed.
Congrats on the new wheel and welcome to the family!!!! I've owned mine since the beginning and other than a few issues I've loved it. My only complaint as of right now is that when I purchased it (pre-ordered right after announcement actually) is that Fanatec was hyping about how they were creating a second tier off affordability to their line with club sport and would be developing more csl items in the future. However since then really the gt3 is the only csl tier item to come out and they no longer even support it as it seems the only thing they are interested in developing for or supporting is the podium. I guess other than me everyone can afford a over $1500 wheel base for a hobby lol. I wanted to purchase a PS4 podium but thought it would be better to let them work out the bugs this time before purchase and sadly I have watched the price climb from 1400 at preorder to now over 1700.

I really appreciate your feedback GreenT:)

I finally manage to find some settings.
I use this :
Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN 1080
FF 50
SHO 100
ABS OFF
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100
FEI 60

In-Game Settings (Force Feedback Menu):
Flavour: Raw
Gain: 100
Volume: 45
Tone: 45
FX: 45

I checked with the ffb meter and there is no clipping.
These settings give me a decent experience but they still need fine tuning.
I am starting to realize what you said :
There isn't a truly good setting
Cause I dont' know if the above will work with all cars/tracks.
I just checked with Porsche GT3 at Fulton Park.

Last edited:
Back