Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 with McLaren GT3 on GT Sport FeedBack

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by anthonyfa18, Oct 24, 2018.

1. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

2. Frizbe

Frizbe

With any luck I’ll be able to tell you in a few days. Just ordered the Elite + base and McLaren rim with a playseat challenge a few hours ago and hopefully it all arrives at the beginning of next week and my old ClubSport pedals still work.

anthonyfa18 likes this.
  3. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

yess i am no rush pleas keep me posted thank you

4. Frizbe

Frizbe

So after about 30 minutes with GTSport so far the verdict is they are great. I did upgrade their firmware with a cheap PC I have around. I’m already lapping a second or so quicker than I did with the controller. I have had experience with a wheel in the past with a Porsche turbo S setup about 5-6 years ago so it’s not totally new to me.

I’ll be playing around more tonight but so far it was worth what I put into it. Also I wasn’t able to really play AC with the controller myself and the 5 minutes I put into it was way easier to use. I have an Xbox one which is why I wanted this setup and I’ll be messing around with that soon.

Edit: Getting ready to sit down with it for a while, anything in particular you are looking for @anthonyfa18 ?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    anthonyfa18 and super_gt like this.
  5. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

yess dose the display on the wheel work with gt sport and what about the clutch on wheel, can you post some pic and video of it on gt sport

6. Frizbe

Frizbe

The LEDs on the base do but the screen does not display anything GTSport. Also I’m drawing a blank on the clutch paddles. I’ll check next time I’m on.

Edit: Alright @anthonyfa18 so the clutch doesn’t work for me. From what I can find the car you are driving in game has to have a clutch pedal and if you use the shifter paddles on the wheel the clutch stops working so you have to have the h-pattern shifter which I don’t.

Here’s a photo of LEDs blinding me:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Droors77 and anthonyfa18 like this.
  7. Droors77

Droors77

I get ZERO clutch response on Gt Sport from my csl elite/loadcell pedals, i cant imagine the clutch paddle of the McLaren wheel would be any different.

8. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

That's strange, the clutch definitely works in GT Sport.

9. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

so the littel led screen on the wheel is dead in gt sport, do all the knobs work ???

10. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

The central knob works, as that is controlled by our side (the wheel firmware). The multi-position switches do not; this is something that involves developers making use of our SDK. At the moment, only Assetto Corsa Competizione supports them, and iRacing has partial support (full support coming soon).

11. andrewhake

andrewhake

The clutch definitely works, but only on certain cars.

12. Droors77

Droors77

13. CWZCJ

CWZCJ

what could be do with the central knob?

14. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

This allows you to select between different functionality of the two analogue paddles, e.g. Clutch Bite Point mode, or use them as Throttle and Brake.

CWZCJ likes this.
  15. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

i wish Fanatec had full support with gt sport just like the t-gt

16. Racetee

Racetee

That would be counterproductive in regards to the PD-Thrustmaster relationship.