Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 with McLaren GT3 on GT Sport FeedBack

Canada
montreal,quebec,canada
look for some feed back on Fanatec CSL Elite Ps4 with McLaren GT3 on GT Sport.
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steer...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

CSL-E-RMcL-Big_01.png

https://youtu.be/zh8vgOog5rc

With any luck I’ll be able to tell you in a few days. Just ordered the Elite + base and McLaren rim with a playseat challenge a few hours ago and hopefully it all arrives at the beginning of next week and my old ClubSport pedals still work.

With any luck I’ll be able to tell you in a few days. Just ordered the Elite + base and McLaren rim with a playseat challenge a few hours ago and hopefully it all arrives at the beginning of next week and my old ClubSport pedals still work.

yess i am no rush pleas keep me posted thank you

yess i am no rush pleas keep me posted thank you
So after about 30 minutes with GTSport so far the verdict is they are great. I did upgrade their firmware with a cheap PC I have around. I’m already lapping a second or so quicker than I did with the controller. I have had experience with a wheel in the past with a Porsche turbo S setup about 5-6 years ago so it’s not totally new to me.

I’ll be playing around more tonight but so far it was worth what I put into it. Also I wasn’t able to really play AC with the controller myself and the 5 minutes I put into it was way easier to use. I have an Xbox one which is why I wanted this setup and I’ll be messing around with that soon.

Edit: Getting ready to sit down with it for a while, anything in particular you are looking for @anthonyfa18 ?

Last edited:
So after about 30 minutes with GTSport so far the verdict is they are great. I did upgrade their firmware with a cheap PC I have around. I’m already lapping a second or so quicker than I did with the controller. I have had experience with a wheel in the past with a Porsche turbo S setup about 5-6 years ago so it’s not totally new to me.

I’ll be playing around more tonight but so far it was worth what I put into it. Also I wasn’t able to really play AC with the controller myself and the 5 minutes I put into it was way easier to use. I have an Xbox one which is why I wanted this setup and I’ll be messing around with that soon.

Edit: Getting ready to sit down with it for a while, anything in particular you are looking for @anthonyfa18 ?

yess dose the display on the wheel work with gt sport and what about the clutch on wheel, can you post some pic and video of it on gt sport

yess dose the display on the wheel work with gt sport and what about the clutch on wheel, can you post some pic and video of it on gt sport
The LEDs on the base do but the screen does not display anything GTSport. Also I’m drawing a blank on the clutch paddles. I’ll check next time I’m on.

Edit: Alright @anthonyfa18 so the clutch doesn’t work for me. From what I can find the car you are driving in game has to have a clutch pedal and if you use the shifter paddles on the wheel the clutch stops working so you have to have the h-pattern shifter which I don’t.

Here’s a photo of LEDs blinding me:

Last edited:
I get ZERO clutch response on Gt Sport from my csl elite/loadcell pedals, i cant imagine the clutch paddle of the McLaren wheel would be any different.

The LEDs on the base do but the screen does not display anything GTSport. Also I’m drawing a blank on the clutch paddles. I’ll check next time I’m on.

Edit: Alright @anthonyfa18 so the clutch doesn’t work for me. From what I can find the car you are driving in game has to have a clutch pedal and if you use the shifter paddles on the wheel the clutch stops working so you have to have the h-pattern shifter which I don’t.

Here’s a photo of LEDs blinding me:

so the littel led screen on the wheel is dead in gt sport, do all the knobs work ???

so the littel led screen on the wheel is dead in gt sport, do all the knobs work ???
The central knob works, as that is controlled by our side (the wheel firmware). The multi-position switches do not; this is something that involves developers making use of our SDK. At the moment, only Assetto Corsa Competizione supports them, and iRacing has partial support (full support coming soon).

The central knob works, as that is controlled by our side (the wheel firmware). The multi-position switches do not; this is something that involves developers making use of our SDK. At the moment, only Assetto Corsa Competizione supports them, and iRacing has partial support (full support coming soon).
what could be do with the central knob?

Will there be any support for the multi-position switches for F1 2018 on PS4 since they are your official e-sports partner?

Will there be any support for the multi-position switches for F1 2018 on PS4 since they are your official e-sports partner?
Hi ramenking, I saw your post on Reddit also, but I'll reply here so that more people see the answer. The MPS do not currently function on any version of F1 2018. This is something that Codemasters need to implement using our SDK, and we are working with them on this. However I have no information on when this could be implemented, or whether it is a feature that has to wait until the next version. I recommend that you raise this concern directly with Codemasters.

Last edited:
How Can I select the multifunction Features ( select TC ,FUEL MAP , BRAKE RADAR Lap Time )
Anyone found out how to use those options on McLaren wheel? I tried remapping multifunction features to L/R 2 and L/R 3 but doesnt seem to work :/

stg
Anyone found out how to use those options on McLaren wheel? I tried remapping multifunction features to L/R 2 and L/R 3 but doesnt seem to work :/
This is currently not possible, GT Sport would need to support the McLaren wheel natively through our SDK. At the moment, the multi-position switches are functional on Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing (partial support, full support soon).

This is currently not possible, GT Sport would need to support the McLaren wheel natively through our SDK. At the moment, the multi-position switches are functional on Assetto Corsa Competizione and iRacing (partial support, full support soon).

Well Im not talking about the multi-position switches, Ive tried to bind the MFF to those red up/down switches which act as L2/R2 in Gran Turismo, I've even tried to bind it to Y/X buttons which act as triangle and square button, but I simpy cannot remap the buttons in Gran Turismo.

Check your Wheelbase Mode!
Purple = Compatibility Mode (no Button-Binding in GT-Sport)
Blue = PS4 Mode (Button Binding works fine)

at least for me...
My friend thank you for this! I thought the purple one is PS4 :dunce: as PC had the red dot, the previous CSL base (the xbox version) I had had only 2 colours red/green I thought there are 2 modes here as well :boggled:. Thank you a lot, now it works like a charm.

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear!
Have fun with it, it takes a few moments to "adjust" yourself, but you will notice that it feels a tiny bit different from Comp-Mode.

Latest Posts

Back