Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I would like to order the CSL Elite Racing Wheel and wonder if somebody could confirm that it will work with the Clubsport Pedals V3 inverted on the PS4? Last thing I need is blowing away additional 600€ for pedals that are not working on the PS4 in the end. Looking forward to finally get rid of my crap interim solution (Logitech G28 with CronusMAX USB hub) for GT Sport on the PS4.

I originally wanted to wait for the new Thrustmaster DirectDrive wheel they might release along with GT Sport. Since Fanatec released this one now I very likely will buy it instead of the Thrustmaster. The customizations, firmware updates and hopefully higher quality will pay off longterm over the Thrustmaster wheel.

$750 without pedals!!??
That's just insane! I won't spending that kind of coin on a wheel.
Euro prices are much more expensive than US and include VAT, it will be around $500 in the US. Also you can get a bundle for €20 more with CSL pedals which is also only €20 more than the same XB1 version which is a bargain considering everything is better.

Thrustmaster TS-PC is also similar price for just a base and wheel, you want quality you have to pay, if not Logitech and Thrustmaster both have other cheaper options for you.

I'm havin' up, on one of these babies!
2rY2jtl

I would like to order the CSL Elite Racing Wheel and wonder if somebody could confirm that it will work with the Clubsport Pedals V3 inverted on the PS4? Last thing I need is blowing away additional 600€ for pedals that are not working on the PS4 in the end. Looking forward to finally get rid of my crap interim solution (Logitech G28 with CronusMAX USB hub) for GT Sport on the PS4.

I originally wanted to wait for the new Thrustmaster DirectDrive wheel they might release along with GT Sport. Since Fanatec released this one now I very likely will buy it instead of the Thrustmaster. The customizations, firmware updates and hopefully higher quality will pay off longterm over the Thrustmaster wheel.

All our current pedals, shifters and of course the handbrake will work fine on PS4 although in general the game need to support the extra features.

So a couple questions... @Fanatec...
1. I assume you need to have the PS4 CSL Elite wheel plugged in, in order for the wheel to function in PS4 games? (IE BMW GT2 wheel+PS4=nope) Kinda dependent on the above question, I assume I can't hot swap to say the Formula Rim while playing GT Sport? Or can I????
2. Depending on the answer to the above question, will there be different PS4 compatible wheel rims?
3. I assume there is no way to order the wheel through the EU store and have it shipped to the US? Would an EU wheel work on a US PS4? That would be over $700 though... probably just answered my own question there.
4. G25 mode is gone? CSW V2 compatibility mode replaces it?
5. Will PS4 games have access to your SDK for stuff like vibration motors, rev lights, etc?
6. Official support in GT Sport? Button mapping, the above stuff, FFB tuning, etc?

Other stuff:
Finally, you guys should sell Fanatec stickers on your main site! Would be great to put on sim rigs or PCs. Maybe include them with future products? Second marketing idea, you guys should create a Fanatec shirt with Blipshift. Maybe hold a community contest for the design. Also a universal Fanatec community livery template would be nice.

Euro prices are much more expensive than US and include VAT, it will be around $500 in the US. Also you can get a bundle for €20 more with CSL pedals which is also only €20 more than the same XB1 version which is a bargain considering everything is better.

Thrustmaster TS-PC is also similar price for just a base and wheel, you want quality you have to pay, if not Logitech and Thrustmaster both have other cheaper options for you.

Yes I want cheaper options but not dirt cheap either. Nor do I want overpriced options. The only wheel out, in my price point that is a solid wheel is the T300 BUT that particular wheel has HUGE reliability issues. There is nothing else on par with that wheel and at that price point. I don't need some super high end wheel. I have a PWTS that I like very much. Something maybe slightly better and PS4-XB1 compatible at around $450 with pedals and a mediocre shifter would be nice.

Paskowitz

Here is my reply

1. On PS4 you can use any of our steering wheels
2. No need
3. An EU wheel would work but you need an adapter for the power plug
4. Yes and yes
5. Absolutely. Check out AC for example
6. It will officially supported

F1inferno

The PWTS is no comparison. This is Clubsport technology at a fraction of it's price and the Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 is considered to be one of the best choices out there. Spend a little bit more and get something solid. ;)

Paskowitz

Here is my reply

1. On PS4 you can use any of our steering wheels
2. No need
3. An EU wheel would work but you need an adapter for the power plug
4. Yes and yes
5. Absolutely. Check out AC for example
6. It will officially supported

F1inferno

The PWTS is no comparison. This is Clubsport technology at a fraction of it's price and the Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 is considered to be one of the best choices out there. Spend a little bit more and get something solid. ;)

juichmerkel.gif

This wheel sounds very promising, and I love that it can be one wheel for all modern consoles + PC. I'm a CSW V2 owner and I'm pretty blown away by its performance, especially the power and absolute smoothness.

@Fanatec... your marketing copy mentions a lot of CSW V2.5 technology trickled down into the new CSL Elite for PS4. Does this mean it's a little better than the CSW V2 in some ways? Would I be giving anything up performance-wise if I switched from my CSW V2 to the new CSL Elite for PS4?

Yes I want cheaper options but not dirt cheap either. Nor do I want overpriced options. The only wheel out, in my price point that is a solid wheel is the T300 BUT that particular wheel has HUGE reliability issues. There is nothing else on par with that wheel and at that price point. I don't need some super high end wheel. I have a PWTS that I like very much. Something maybe slightly better and PS4-XB1 compatible at around $450 with pedals and a mediocre shifter would be nice.
Well unfortunately building to a cost has that issue or gets you old helical gear tech from Logitech but obviously neither of those are compatible with both consoles.

The XB1 CSL with 2 pedals is $460 so the PS4 CSL will be pretty close to what you are asking without a shifter.

Now if you want 3 pedals for the clutch then you need the load cell brake (well worth it and much better quality than any of the other options) and also a P1 XB1 rim so actual cost is closer to $700. Shifter wise only Logitech make something cheap.

Really what you are asking for is a Logitech that works on both consoles so perhaps you should be asking them as I expect the CSL will be Fanatec's base model for a while and the DD wheel solidifying a shift up in price/quality of products offered.

It is still cheaper, better quality and simpler than buying two different Logitech or Thrustmaster wheels though so there is that.

So, it's not a Direct Drive wheel?

Jerome

I've been a Fanatec driver for years.
I've always found top quality in materials and workmanship, as well as in their Customer service.
That's top value for your hard earned money.

The fact that they are watching threads like this, and giving timely answers to specific questions in detail,
just goes hand in hand with what I've always experienced.
They are doing it right. Bravo.

Thusly buttered up, dear Fanatec, I welcome any early opportunity to acquire a model with US power cord.

i-fZbFL4D-X3.jpg

I've been a Fanatec driver for years.
I've always found top quality in materials and workmanship, as well as in their Customer service.
That's top value for your hard earned money.

The fact that they are watching threads like this, and giving timely answers to specific questions in detail,
just goes hand in hand with what I've always experienced.
They are doing it right. Bravo.

Thusly buttered up, dear Fanatec, I welcome any early opportunity to acquire a model with US power cord.

i-fZbFL4D-X3.jpg
Yeah I love the Fanatec quality and durability, never had any problems with them, I still have a CSW V2 and a Porsche wheel for PS3/360, CSP V1 and they all work like new. Sure they are expensive but you get what you paid for

Any reason to think G27 pedals (with adapter) wouldn't work with this?

I have a unopened T300, TH8A, and two rims I was thinking of selling to purchase this. I already have two fanatec rims (CS Formula, CSL P1). No need in expanding rim collection on two different platforms.

Besides the superb quality of the products which we obviously already know the active participating in this Q&A by @Fanatec... is the extra cherry on the cake. Well done and other companies could learn from these much appreciated customer service ;)

Now I need to please my wife because we have to turn the piggy bank.

I have to say that €80 premium on the CSL Elite PS4 base+rim compared to the CSL+P1 rim set looks fair given the much more premium appearance of the PS4 rim.

And the bundle with the CSL Elite PS4 base, rim and 2-pedal set for only €520 is one heck of a value proposition.

It's going to be very interesting to see what Thrustmaster's answer is. T700 cannot come in much above €520 unless it has a serious advantage. Recycling TS-PC Racer internals wouldn't do it.

I have to say that €80 premium on the CSL Elite PS4 base+rim compared to the CSL+P1 rim set looks fair given the much more premium appearance of the PS4 rim.

And the bundle with the CSL Elite PS4 base, rim and 2-pedal set for only €520 is one heck of a value proposition.

It's going to be very interesting to see what Thrustmaster's answer is. T700 cannot come in much above €520 unless it has a serious advantage. Recycling TS-PC Racer internals wouldn't do it.
Not to mention this new wheel base is multi platform compatibility.

Not to mention this new wheel base is multi platform compatibility.
Indeed. And with only the €100 entry fee of a P1 rim.

A year ago that might have been enough by itself for people like me who bought the Fanatec GT2 wheel last gen for multi-console support. However now that Forza is on PC it does change the dynamics a bit. There are no racing sims unique to Xbox One for the moment, at least not if you have a good high end gaming PC.

Any reason to think G27 pedals (with adapter) wouldn't work with this?
No idea, but if the g27 pedals work with their other current wheels, then probably they will work with this one too. Get the CSL Elite pedals bundled for 20 euros and at least you will have a backup if they dont work. Or just sell the g27 pedals and get the CSL Elite pedals with the load cell kit, those are a great set of pedals. :)

This looks like a very good combo.
Not interested in buying but sent link to a friend who specifically wanted ps4 compatibility.
And props to Fanatec for answering questions here.

Potentially stupid question incoming...

Any chance this could be used with Thrustmaster's pedals and shifter (T3PA-PRO and the TH8A, respectively), on a PS4?

Any chance this could be used with Thrustmaster's pedals and shifter (T3PA-PRO and the TH8A, respectively), on a PS4?

I believe they have their own system which is not compatible to ours. But perhaps some 3rd party suppliers will come up with an adapter. I heard that our pedals work with their wheels so...

I hope this is possible. I would buy the wheel today if they could, but if I need new pedals etc that is just not in the budget at the moment

Latest Posts

Back