Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Stupid question...but I assume we can remove the wedge piece of plastic that's on the bottom of the new CSL Elite (PS4 edition)?? I want to hard mount the base FLAT onto my rig just like I currently do with my CSW V2 =)

CSL-E-RW-PS4-Main07-1000x666.jpg

FMW
Stupid question...but I assume we can remove the wedge piece of plastic that's on the bottom of the new CSL Elite (PS4 edition)?? I want to hard mount the base FLAT onto my rig just like I currently do with my CSW V2 =)

Yes off course you can.

• Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheel base. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible to the discontinued CSL Seat.
You can even use the same holes you drilled for your V2 ;)

Looking at this new Fanatec CSL Elite again. Lord this wheel and base looks so freaking good and classy at the same time. Such a professional looking equipment. It makes my Logitech G29 look like a toy. I would so love to get one of these and I'll probably do next time the need arises. I'll get the pedals one time with it if or when I do. Also glad they've kept the price fairly reasonable also.

Once you go Fanatec you never go back! I started with some really terrible wheels in the 90's, then picked up the MS Wireless FFB wheel and then a G25. After that is was Fanatec; Porsche Wheel, CSR Elite and now the CSW V2 with V3 pedals & 3 different steering wheels. They are great bit's of kit for the price. Indeed the other manufacturers produce toys, these are high quality bit's of sim racing hardware. I can't recommend them highly enough!

And no, I'm not a Fanatec rep or beta tester or anything (although I'd be happy to help!), I just think they really deserve the praise I give.

The Australian site is not showing that offer. Also going from a load cell modded T3PA pro to those pedals isn't appealing to me.

Looks like I will have to sell some toys I no longer use to help finance an upgrade . The wife is not going to be impressed with me
I haven't used the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals but have used the T3PA pedals as I also own a T500RS with those pedals. From what I've read the CSL Elite pedals are much better than the standard T3PA pedals. If I was you I'd buy the bundle then save some money up over a few months and put up with the none load cell pedals then buy the CSL Load Cell Kit for the pedals https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedal...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

That way you will end up with a better overall package.

Last edited:
The Australian site is not showing that offer. Also going from a load cell modded T3PA pro to those pedals isn't appealing to me.

Looks like I will have to sell some toys I no longer use to help finance an upgrade . The wife is not going to be impressed with me

Yes it does
CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit for PC and PS4
Model: B-CSL E RWPS4EP
https://www.fanatec.com/au-en/bundl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

You would have to add the CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit to complete the set

Ok so your looking at probably around 1200ish for the wheel and pedals, USD, and i may have missed it but seen no H shifter. Is it REALLY that much better then my $400 G29 with H shifter? Sure it would be better, but 3x the price better??

This is very, very, very exciting news. I'm happy that finally it's happening. Fanatec is coming to the ps4. The price is scary though!

Paskowitz

Here is my reply

1. On PS4 you can use any of our steering wheels
2. No need
3. An EU wheel would work but you need an adapter for the power plug
4. Yes and yes
5. Absolutely. Check out AC for example
6. It will officially supported

F1inferno

The PWTS is no comparison. This is Clubsport technology at a fraction of it's price and the Clubsport Wheel Base V2.5 is considered to be one of the best choices out there. Spend a little bit more and get something solid. ;)
I would buy it if it was sold in the USA. You see that nice Clubsport v2 base and BMW rim in my picture, Sold that just to have Ps4 support. I know your working on it. Sadly the rest of my Clubsport will be sold and back to a controller as I've gotten other wheels and Fanatec is the best console product. In my opinion.

I would buy it if it was sold in the USA. You see that nice Clubsport v2 base and BMW rim in my picture, Sold that just to have Ps4 support. I know your working on it. Sadly the rest of my Clubsport will be sold and back to a controller as I've gotten other wheels and Fanatec is the best console product. In my opinion.

Why can't you just sell the base, Thomas says everything else is compatible with the new PS4 wheel base.

Ok so your looking at probably around 1200ish for the wheel and pedals, USD, and i may have missed it but seen no H shifter. Is it REALLY that much better then my $400 G29 with H shifter? Sure it would be better, but 3x the price better??

520€ for a set with pedals is certainly not 1200 USD and please consider that Euro prices include a 20% VAT.

We do have the ClubSport Shifter which is H-pattern and sequential and we will come up with a new series of CSL Shifters as well which will be priced very competitive.

It doesn't cost that much and it is in a completely different league.

FMW

Yes off course you can.

You can even use the same holes you drilled for your V2 ;)
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the wedge is part of the plastic mold, in that picture only the block on the wedge for the table mount is removed.

Never seen the old csl elite mounted flat without the angled part so propably it isn't possible to remove it. Pretty sure the bottom of the casing is exactly the same in the new one too.

:eek: Oh hell yea :D, when I come out of retirement, this is going to be my wheel of choice. Been waiting for a wheel compatible with PS4 and XB1. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this, so excited I think I just wet myself, :lol:. And yes, you heard it here first folks, I'm coming out of retirement, :lol: , time to kick the tires and light the fires.....get ready y'all, its going to be a Ratt Attack :lol: :sly: :P !!!!! .

We do have the ClubSport Shifter which is H-pattern and sequential and we will come up with a new series of CSL Shifters as well which will be priced very competitive.
Do you have any ETA for these shifters? H-pattern and sequential shifter sold separately? That would be nice, would like to have a good sequential shifter with reasonable price. :)

This wheel has got me thinking. Should I switch from Xbox One to PS4. Been desperate for a formula rim to use on Xbox One with my V2 base. Out of interest is a formula rim planned for Xbox One or is it unlikely? Seriously considering switching to PS4 now! The fact this base can do all three platforms is unexpected but very welcome!

This wheel has got me thinking. Should I switch from Xbox One to PS4. Been desperate for a formula rim to use on Xbox One with my V2 base. Out of interest is a formula rim planned for Xbox One or is it unlikely? Seriously considering switching to PS4 now! The fact this base can do all three platforms is unexpected but very welcome!
Isn't the carbon formula rim Xbox One compatible?

You can call me names... But UPS delivery, i need to backout from checkout and rethink what i'm doing.. :/

Finally!!! We can have only one wheel to play with all platform, is that right? On the net you can find wheel, base and pedal set (3 pedals) 650 Euros, 100 euros more than T500RS thrustmaster, 100 euros less than thrustmaster 700 gt.
This fanatec is a very good wheel.

Why can't you just sell the base, Thomas says everything else is compatible with the new PS4 wheel base.
I did sell the base and both my rims BMW csl Xbox rim, I thought what ever base would be the rims wouldn't be compatible . My point was in my post was it's not available in the USA so I'm left out like many others. Hoping they can get the USA the new base and rim soon.

Well I am going to push the button on a full Fanatec kit later in the week. PS4 CSL elite with V3 inverted pedals, shifter and handbrake. Possibly the F1 wheel as well. Just sold some unused toys and once the funds come through I will order it.

The V3 inverted are probably overkill, but I just love the look of them and since I am selling crap to buy new toys I will bite the bullet and not regret it later.

Hopefully I will have it all by Friday next week if they don't sell out of the wheels before I order.

Back