Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
PC2 actually is one of the few sims which supports the rumble in the brake pedal, throttle pedal and in the rim natively without need of Fanaleds.

It sure wasn't there in the rim when i played it at release. Was it patched in?

Yes. The neg 05 setting is what I was referring to. I only have a few hrs on my new csl on gts, pc2 and corsa, so maybe I just haven’t seen the issue yet. Maybe I didn’t get much over 150 mph as you said earlier, but I did play in blue and purple modes without issue. After my firmware update, the neg side of my drift setting seemed to go away in the menu though, (the menu just showed off and 1-5) which was curious, but still no problems driving. I’m wondering if firmware was installed just prior to shipment now that took care of it. I saw a fanatec note somewhere in blog or manual mentioning units shipped post sept 17? And yes, I do have 1.05 since my ps4 updates are set to auto.

Drift mode absolutely still has -05 to 05 settings on the latest 335 firmware. Blue mode on the CSL Elite has zero FFB on GT Sport until it has full support so it has to be used in Purple mode in GT Sport at the moment. The only real way to avoid the on center issue at the moment is to dial back FFB almost completely.

Unless you have drastically changed your CSL Elite tuning settings from default, you will absolutely experience the on center issue in GT Sport 1.05

I do have my ffb at 1 or 2 in gt sport. Also the last car I drove was gr. 4 so maybe not fast enough combined w low ffb. Im not able to get back on it til sat so I will have to wait. I was having trouble w my slow pc getting it to update and I may have chosen the prev update by mistake? Is that even possible? I was trying to figure out why there were three 64bit choices on the website and when the newest one wouldnt start I chose the second one. Any way that whole update process wasnt as easy for me as the manual described. It didnt just boot up when I plugged it in. I had to go looking for it.
If I get it going again sat. w no issues I will report back w all my settings.

Yes. The neg 05 setting is what I was referring to. I only have a few hrs on my new csl on gts, pc2 and corsa, so maybe I just haven’t seen the issue yet. Maybe I didn’t get much over 150 mph as you said earlier, but I did play in blue and purple modes without issue. After my firmware update, the neg side of my drift setting seemed to go away in the menu though, (the menu just showed off and 1-5) which was curious, but still no problems driving. I’m wondering if firmware was installed just prior to shipment now that took care of it. I saw a fanatec note somewhere in blog or manual mentioning units shipped post sept 17? And yes, I do have 1.05 since my ps4 updates are set to auto.

Drift mode absolutely still has -05 to 05 settings on the latest 335 firmware. Blue mode on the CSL Elite has zero FFB on GT Sport until it has full support so it has to be used in Purple mode in GT Sport at the moment. The only real way to avoid the on center issue at the moment is to dial back FFB almost completely.

Unless you have drastically changed your CSL Elite tuning settings from default, you will absolutely experience the on center issue in GT Sport 1.05

This seems to be a bug in the current firmware. I’ve also encountered this issue where I can’t set negative drift values. Restarting the wheel fixes it - sometimes.

This seems to be a bug in the current firmware. I’ve also encountered this issue where I can’t set negative drift values. Restarting the wheel fixes it - sometimes.

I have the latest firmware (335 on driver v293) and I definitely have negative drift values?

I have the latest firmware (335 on driver v293) and I definitely have negative drift values?
It happened to me once too, the first time I installed the wheel on my computer. Since then I have negative values available...

Last edited:
It happens to me too, the first time I installed the wheel on my computer. Since then I have negative values...
But that is a good thing. Fanatec is telling us we need the neg values to eliminate the on center problem.

Does the negative drift mode effect the wheel weight? From my understanding it adds dampening to the wheel.

Last edited:
Yeah so these guys just need to update their firmware.

Here's what happens. One day, I turn on my wheel and I have negative drift values (-5 to 5). The next day I turn it on and they aren't there (Off to 5). I am on the latest firmware; I updated immediately when I first got the wheel 3 weeks ago and there have been no updates since. It is a bug in the current firmware, and it seems to be uncommon, which is probably why you haven't seen it. But it does exist.

Ordered today :) csl elite PS4 with clubsport v3:)

Can’t wait, took express shipping. Anyone know how long it usually takes? I’m in N.ireland
Congrats, just set mine up a few days ago and the quality is amazing. Do you have a rig? Bc it doesnt come w mounting screws. You’ll want to have those ready. I can’t be much help w your shipping question since I live in Ohio and did not get express.

:grumpy:
Congrats, just set mine up a few days ago and the quality is amazing. Do you have a rig? Bc it doesnt come w mounting screws. You’ll want to have those ready. I can’t be much help w your shipping question since I live in Ohio and did not get express.

Thanks for your reply, yeah I’ve got a gt omega pro rig with a g29 at the minute.

I’ve screws and template ready just in case it doesn’t blot straight on :cheers: Can’t wait to see the difference between this and the g29 :)

I went to the University of Akron after my undergraduate work. GO ZIPS!!! Friends down in Cincy, too.

Long time Cleveland baseball fan who was around to have his heart ripped out a few times!

:grumpy:

Thanks for your reply, yeah I’ve got a gt omega pro rig with a g29 at the minute.

I’ve screws and template ready just in case it doesn’t blot straight on :cheers: Can’t wait to see the difference between this and the g29 :)
Ive read the g29 makes a liitle noise in the gears so I think the first thing you ll notice is how quiet and smooth it is. The build quality was more apparent, at least to me, in assembling and setting up the brakes. Really good stuff and i only have csl lc brakes.

Also thanks to this thread I just got my order confirmation from our German friends and neighbours --> CLS Elite + pedals with LC ordered. I will re-use my TH8-A shifter for the time being and for e.g. Christmas I still have presents on the wishlist ;)

I was in doubt between the Clubsport V3 (inverted) pedals and the Elite pedals +loadcell. After some research I think the Elite pedals are better for me. After watching ISRTV and Simracinggirl reviews I was not really convinced the Clubsport offer that much more over the Elite. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

And you can add me to the list of eagerly impatient awaiting new Fanatec customers. Countdown has begun. Come on Germany send those boxes to Tilburg, the Netherlands ;)

The way I read the manual, it adds acceleration w positive settings and deceleration w neg. ( or damping) so thats the way I understood it too.

Quite right. Honestly I don't notice a huge difference between -5 and Off (Off still has dampening). Once you get into positive values though, the wheel becomes much more lively. I used +1 for the Northern Island Festival challenges.

Also thanks to this thread I just got my order confirmation from our German friends and neighbours --> CLS Elite + pedals with LC ordered. I will re-use my TH8-A shifter for the time being and for e.g. Christmas I still have presents on the wishlist ;)

I was in doubt between the Clubsport V3 (inverted) pedals and the Elite pedals +loadcell. After some research I think the Elite pedals are better for me. After watching ISRTV and Simracinggirl reviews I was not really convinced the Clubsport offer that much more over the Elite. Time will tell if I made the right decision.

And you can add me to the list of eagerly impatient awaiting new Fanatec customers. Countdown has begun. Come on Germany send those boxes to Tilburg, the Netherlands ;)
Simpits review of v3 inverted is good too and combined w the black friday offer makes it very tempting. So many adjustments! And pedal feedback which might be useful too. (And kinda cool.)

Simpits review of v3 inverted is good too and combined w the black friday offer makes it very tempting. So many adjustments! And pedal feedback which might be useful too. (And kinda cool.)
Ooh right I watched Shaun's review also. Iknow I know but in stead of the extra price for the extra features I ordered a Buttkicker. Because my wife is going to kick my butt real soonish ;)

Ooh right I watched Shaun's review also. Iknow I know but in stead of the extra price for the extra features I ordered a Buttkicker. Because my wife is going to kick my butt real soonish ;)
Thats exactly why I don’t need one! I’m already getting my butt kicked!

Last edited:
Quite right. Honestly I don't notice a huge difference between -5 and Off (Off still has dampening). Once you get into positive values though, the wheel becomes much more lively. I used +1 for the Northern Island Festival challenges.
Does it add to the wheel weight?

Not many games support the pedal vibration properly unfortuntely, only Raceroom and PCars 2 support both vibration motors of the sims I have.

Back