Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Is it me, or did something change with the CSL elite wheel and base today? It is noticeably harder to turn as if the FF has been increased in the game. GT Sport that is.

Keith.

Not sure if that statement is correct. Compatibity with ps4 is handled in the base. Shouldnt a firmware update be able to fix this problem?
Compatability is one thing. If it was not PS4 compatable the system wouldn't recognize it (and so allow you to use it) at all. Think of trying to get a PS4 to recognize an xbox controller, not going to happen. After that, it is up to the game developer to take/get the wheel maker's feature/driver specs and incorporate them properly into the game. It would be no different with the dual shock. If a game maker chose not to assign the x button to anything, you don't get to use it. It is even more involved with wheel because these features we are talking about are analog which means they have "tuning" and adjustment to get the features to work optimally as well. This can be seen with the G29 (which I have) were to FFB support is poor in GTS compared to other PS4 games. The wheel is capable of more but PD doesn't feel compelled to spend and more time programming better support for it.

Compatability is one thing. If it was not PS4 compatable the system wouldn't recognize it (and so allow you to use it) at all. Think of trying to get a PS4 to recognize an xbox controller, not going to happen. After that, it is up to the game developer to take/get the wheel maker's feature/driver specs and incorporate them properly into the game. It would be no different with the dual shock. If a game maker chose not to assign the x button to anything, you don't get to use it. It is even more involved with wheel because these features we are talking about are analog which means they have "tuning" and adjustment to get the features to work optimally as well. This can be seen with the G29 (which I have) were to FFB support is poor in GTS compared to other PS4 games. The wheel is capable of more but PD doesn't feel compelled to spend and more time programming better support for it.

I was applying the logic to @Melbourne Park 's particular problem. You are only half correct in your statement though. G29 support is not poor in GTS. Why would you think that? It isnt very much different from GT5/6 and back then the DFGT was the official wheel. The limited torque of the wheel does serve as a bottleneck though. I have owned a DFGT, G29 and T-GT so I have compared them.

Anybody using the Porsche 918 RSR rim on the CSL elite wheelbase and can tell me how it preforms? I’m thinking of buying this but first want some advice Thanks and merry Christmas

CSL Elite (PS4) brake pedal (not loadcell): Brake sticking.
Seems like the potentiometer needs cleaning.

Just today I noticed the brake was sticking (as indicated in HUD by the red semi-circular indicator engaged without pressing brake).
I'd like to get to spray some contact cleaner in the potentiometer to clean and unstick it but how the hell do I get to it to do so?
I could see the top of the potentiometer from watching down just below the pedal/s and am seeing an indentation but I don't think there's actually a hole there to which to spray the contact cleaner through. The potentiometer hole is most likely on the underside and that has a cover over it.

I've search high and low including Youtube but it's like searching through a needle in a haystack with little or no results for it.
Only thing I've seen on Youtube was from some French speaking guy and that was no help really as either it didn't quite relate for cleaning plus the foreign language just doesn't cut it.

Anyone can point to a Youtube tut on it (English please if possible), or otherwise describe how to get to it and do it?
Please help, I'm trying to practice for some races tomorrow and continuing.

Just today I noticed the brake was sticking (as indicated in HUD by the red semi-circular indicator engaged without pressing brake).
I'd like to get to spray some contact cleaner in the potentiometer to clean and unstick it but how the hell do I get to it to do so?
I could see the top of the potentiometer from watching down just below the pedal/s and am seeing an indentation but I don't think there's actually a hole there to which to spray the contact cleaner through. The potentiometer hole is most likely on the underside and that has a cover over it.

I've search high and low including Youtube but it's like searching through a needle in a haystack with little or no results for it.
Only thing I've seen on Youtube was from some French speaking guy and that was no help really as either it didn't quite relate for cleaning plus the foreign language just doesn't cut it.

Anyone can point to a Youtube tut on it (English please if possible), or otherwise describe how to get to it and do it?

Had a similar problem here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...licensed-for-ps4.356268/page-60#post-12443279

May not be the same problem but my accelerator (gas) pedal was spiking as well but for me it was like the pedal mechanism was sticking or something - a little bit of silicone grease on the pedal shaft seems to have cured it - doesn't stick any more. Readings stay on zero with no pressure applied and increase gradually with the amount of pressure.

My advice is to contact with Fanatec.

Good news. A good one or two (or three) spray with the contact cleaner into the potentiometer did the job. Brake no longer sticking.
I took out the cover below the potentiometer to take it out and spray it. I did so but realised I didn't have to take out the cover. The potentiometer holes are actually at the top of it where it could easily be accessed looking down on the pedals. The holes were actually at the sides of the little crevice of said potentiometer I mentioned before. It's just that I couldn't see the holes from the angle.
Pretty easy to get to, much easier than the G29 I had before where you had to remove a set of screws and take out the underside base cover of the pedals. Next time I have to do it it may take just a couple seconds. Fanatec really did a good job in their assembly of their equipment methinks.
Happy as pappy again.

Wow, this is a big thread!
I have schemed through this thread and also saw this CSL Elite wheel review by Z28

The video was uploaded in April which I believe was after GT Sport was updated to support CSL Elite.

I currently use T300RS GT Edition and GT Sport is my go-to racing game. And I would like to purchase another (better) wheel and let my son use T300RS. Deadlocked between T-GT and CSL Elite.

Reading about T-GT, it seems quite clear. Tailored and optimized FFB experience and support in GT Sport. The beauty of plug & play.

Reading about CSL Elite, not so clear. It seems people are having unoptimal experience in GT Sport(?). Z28 almost recommends ‘against’ CSL Elite for GT Sport.
I understand the video by Z28 was uploaded several months ago and the game (and I think CSL Elite wheel as well) has updated several times.

How is CSL Elite experience in GT Sport as of December 2018 ??

Last edited:
Wow, this is a big thread!
I have schemed through this thread and also saw this CSL Elite wheel review by Z28

The video was uploaded in April which I believe was after GT Sport was updated to support CSL Elite.

I currently use T300RS GT Edition and GT Sport is my go-to racing game. And I would like to purchase another (better) wheel and let my son use T300RS. Deadlocked between T-GT and CSL Elite.

Reading about T-GT, it seems quite clear. Tailored and optimized FFB experience and support in GT Sport. The beauty of plug & play.

Reading about CSL Elite, not so clear. It seems people are having unoptimal experience in GT Sport(?). Z28 almost recommends ‘against’ CSL Elite for GT Sport.
I understand the video by Z28 was uploaded several months ago and the game (and I think CSL Elite wheel as well) has updated several times.

How is CSL Elite experience in GT Sport as of December 2018 ??

They added support for the REV lights I believe.

FMW
Stupid question...but I assume we can remove the wedge piece of plastic that's on the bottom of the new CSL Elite (PS4 edition)?? I want to hard mount the base FLAT onto my rig just like I currently do with my CSW V2 =)

CSL-E-RW-PS4-Main07-1000x666.jpg

Old post but relevant to me now.
I'm hard mounting mine today and curious if anyone has removed this slant piece.

I'm hard mounting mine today and curious if anyone has removed this slant piece.
It's in the manual what you can remove to hard-mount flat if you don't want to use the desk clamp. To hardmount the wheel base remove the two blocks from the bottom side of the base.
Go to the Fanatec website....Downloads (for respective wheel/base), and download the full PDF manual (not the short starter guide) if you have not done so already. Comes in handy and covers other useful things also.

Part of the electronics and the front metal plate is in this triangular piece so it will be very difficult to remove.

Hello,

I checked all this topic before buying this CSL Fanatec base + porsche 918 wheels + pedals v3.
I was "a bit" stressed about the UPS delivery and after reading some bad experiences on the net about problems with fanatec and its SAV...
This stress was also staying during the steps of upgrade and setup that are not really friendly-user when it's the first time.
I also modifyied the pedals, by inverting the clutch and break fo better confort.... again not so easy...

But now that everything is installed AND that I got used with the devices AND that I found the good wheel settings for me, I know that I did well to go with fanatec. I can now enjoy really good wheel feelings.

For sure, it's not plug and plug... but it worths the effort!

Thanks for all advices found in this forum ;)

...But now that everything is installed AND that I got used with the devices AND that I found the good wheel settings for me, I know that I did well to go with fanatec. I can now enjoy really good wheel feelings.

For sure, it's not plug and plug... but it worths the effort!

Thanks for all advices found in this forum ;)
Ditto to that. Great stuff.

Pulled the trigger and ditched my T300rs after almost 4 years. Maybe a DD down the road (don’t like being an early adapter). Guess it’s time to jump back into GTS after a verrry lonnng time.

It takes a little bit of tweaking to get that great feeling in every sim but it is so worth it :dopey:

(btw, there is a new firmware just released <476>)

Rseat RS1 with Alienware 21:9 G-Sync *updated by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Farewell_T300rs by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

After_T300rs by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Fanatec__CSLelite_RF2 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Edit:

1FC6759E-7B00-4EFF-9D9C-D3A0723015CC.jpeg

892618D8-D736-47E3-84E0-38D9C3DCCB54.jpeg

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger and ditched my T300rs after almost 4 years. Maybe a DD down the road (don’t like being an early adapter). Guess it’s time to jump back into GT5 after a verrry lonnng time.

It takes a little bit of tweaking to get that great feeling in every sim but it is so worth it :dopey:

Rseat RS1 with Alienware 21:9 G-Sync *updated by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Farewell_T300rs by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

After_T300rs by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Fanatec__CSLelite_RF2 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr
Nice man. Set up looks very nice indeed. Cheers.

Hello. I studied fanatec products for a long time. I read forums. I asked my friends for advice, opinions were different as usual :))) someone told me to buy clabSport base someone advised csl elite ps4 and she said no worse than clabSport. But I am also interested in the quality of manufacturing the base, since clabsport has a lot of metal and it looks spectacular than just wants to fall in love. But after weighing all the pros and cons, the decision was made reluctantly towards the csl elite ps4 f1 Esports + Pedale Loadcell Kit. I myself are from Belarus and fanatec does not send us their orders. It’s a pity we could be working with Europe almost next door. Maybe in the future, the company will consider this option :) After reading the last 13 pages, I felt a little sad that people write about csl ps4, and after some recall I wanted to write in support of changing the order! But I have already made an order. I would not want my fanatec to publish cod for 740 € to lose FFb. I watched the disassembly of these bases and tell you that the TM t300 is almost the same as the csl but in the work they are different as I understand it on the forum and from friends. The only thing that worries me at the moment is one fan in the csl database and it is very small. With such a motor as in clabSport, it would be necessary to establish that something larger and more productive. As said above, I really wanted to work v2.5, but due to the fact that I need a wheel f1 and f1 carbon expensive, and McLaren is plastic and does not inspire confidence even though it is cheap. And the new f1 separately is not yet sold in Germany. That was my choice kit. Excuse me for my clumsy english.

Attachments

• IMG_20190102_135757.jpg
    IMG_20190102_135757.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 17
Hello. I studied fanatec products for a long time. I read forums. I asked my friends for advice, opinions were different as usual :))) someone told me to buy clabSport base someone advised csl elite ps4 and she said no worse than clabSport. But I am also interested in the quality of manufacturing the base, since clabsport has a lot of metal and it looks spectacular than just wants to fall in love. But after weighing all the pros and cons, the decision was made reluctantly towards the csl elite ps4 f1 Esports + Pedale Loadcell Kit. I myself are from Belarus and fanatec does not send us their orders. It’s a pity we could be working with Europe almost next door. Maybe in the future, the company will consider this option :) After reading the last 13 pages, I felt a little sad that people write about csl ps4, and after some recall I wanted to write in support of changing the order! But I have already made an order. I would not want my fanatec to publish cod for 740 € to lose FFb. I watched the disassembly of these bases and tell you that the TM t300 is almost the same as the csl but in the work they are different as I understand it on the forum and from friends. The only thing that worries me at the moment is one fan in the csl database and it is very small. With such a motor as in clabSport, it would be necessary to establish that something larger and more productive. As said above, I really wanted to work v2.5, but due to the fact that I need a wheel f1 and f1 carbon expensive, and McLaren is plastic and does not inspire confidence even though it is cheap. And the new f1 separately is not yet sold in Germany. That was my choice kit. Excuse me for my clumsy english.
I think you should be pleased with that purchase.

DomB_Fanatec

I would also like to hear what fanatec so categorical does not want to work with Russia? Simracing in the CIS has become more developed and many of my friends are switching to fanarec steering wheels, but it's not so easy to buy them. And you have to pay intermediaries.

I watched the disassembly of these bases and tell you that the TM t300 is almost the same as the csl but in the work they are different as I understand it on the forum and from friends.
You can not call T300 which is a dual belt drive almost the same as the CSL Elite which is a single belt drive. The single belt drive gives more direct Force Feedback and less friction which is a significant difference. Also, T300 has 4Nm of torque while CSL has 6Nm of torque.
The only thing that worries me at the moment is one fan in the csl database and it is very small.,
For most people, this is not a problem, but for people like me who like very heavy force feedback this is a problem because the motor overheats. And by very heavy force feedback I mean 100% FFB in game,100% FFB in the wheel and FOR, SPR, DPR set to 100% or even on 120%.
With such a motor as in clabSport, it would be necessary to establish that something larger and more productive.
Is that big enough for you.;)

photo0031-jpg.770840

This fan allows me to play with 100% FFB in game,100% FFB in the wheel and FOR, SPR, DPR set to 120% for hours without overheat. And the position of the fan on the side rather than the top is very important.

Last edited:
You can not call T300 which is a dual belt drive almost the same as the CSL Elite which is a single belt drive. The single belt drive gives more direct Force Feedback and less friction which is a significant difference. Also, T300 has 4Nm of torque while CSL has 6Nm of torque.

For most people, this is not a problem, but for people like me who like very heavy force feedback this is a problem because the motor overheats. And by very heavy force feedback I mean 100% FFB in game,100% FFB in the wheel and FOR, SPR, DPR set to 100% or even on 120%.

Is that big enough for you.;)

photo0031-jpg.770840

This fan allows me to play with 100% FFB in game,100% FFB in the wheel and FOR, SPR, DPR set to 120% for hours without overheat. And the position of the fan on the side rather than the top is very important.

Have you looked into liquid cooling yet?

Hate to post this here, but my 3rd wheelbase doesn't feel right... There's absolutely no positive feedback/rumble from road surface or from curbs & it literally feels like there's a part loose or something... I contacted Fanatec and provided them like 4 videos with explanations and always waited a week or so for an answer... I don't know, i feel like i'm now stuck with this unit:

Low the FEI value. I never use more than 40. Also what firmware do you use ?

Back