Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
study the photo! it clearly says where the magnetic sensor is! and where is the sensor!
And who told you that there is magnetic?
I am telling you ,because I have the same base and open it... but if you dont count my words check the review from which I took the pic, I am giving correct time when Barry will explain for the magnet:

magnetic sensor) yes it’s absolutely true but it stands on the engine. It is not aisles, I am more worried about the first sensor that swells for steering wheel revolutions, and it broke for the second time!

magnetic sensor) yes it’s absolutely true but it stands on the engine. It is not aisles, I am more worried about the first sensor that swells for steering wheel revolutions, and it broke for the second time!
I understood your worries, but now you know the true and know you have magnetic sensor on the back of the motor...the front optical sensor is set there for insurance that there is 100% perfect calculation of the steering...so the info from the front one and the info from the magnetic one are calculated in the wheel brain and the result gives the perfect position of the rim... ofcourse if something is faulty this process is damaged obviously... but faulty part is one thing - saying that Fanatec is primitive product like DFGT - that is another thing... Now I believe you understood the true and will not repeat this nonsense again:)

@Krassi , any idea why all the Leds stop working on my steering wheel?
I was suggested to download all updates wich i did but no lights or the speedometer work.
I tried to reach fanatec with no success

@Krassi , any idea why all the Leds stop working on my steering wheel?
I was suggested to download all updates wich i did but no lights or the speedometer work.
I tried to reach fanatec with no success
You mean on the rim? What type of rim you have? Everything works like buttons, paddles, just no display?

@Krassi
20190623_161019.jpg

All it displays in the numbers display is a symbol like "n" and the revs leds simply don't light.
Everything else works fine

Its a software, basicaly the racing speedo and display info dont run just like that you need app to controll it...I believe on Assetto Corsa they run without app..
So, you have 2 options:
Fanaleds: https://www.fanaleds.com/downloads
SliMax Fanatec Edition: http://www.eksimracing.com/slimax-manager-fanatec-edition/

I suggest Fanaleds as more user friendly:)
If he's on PS4 (which I think he is) Fanaleds won't help... and the info does display by itself on many PS4 games without running apps ;). It's probably some other issue if they were working before but aren't now :).

If he's on PS4 (which I think he is) Fanaleds won't help... and the info does display by itself on many PS4 games without running apps ;). It's probably some other issue if they were working before but aren't now :).
True, but even he is on PS4 - the best test will be to test it on PC with Fanaleds, to be 100% that have some problem...but frankly I think everything is ok, just need some setup ingames maybe....it is very rare the base and the rim to be faulty in the same time.:)
As he said he sees N - that means that some communication between game and the wheel is made, otherwise you will not see nothing... but more info will be welcome;)

1) Installed the 344 driver.
2) I clicked to update the database but requires a file, as you know, in order to turn on the database it must be pulled out of the network! I did not do this, I updated the pedals. After the update, I was given a window that you have old drivers for the base, want to update ?! I chose to restart the base and, lo and behold, the steering wheel was calibrated myself. And I do not see the problem that was. I do not know what happened!
That's how the hour of forcible steering in RaceRoom Racing.
After that I installed the version 20 motor by attaching a file. And then again I updated the motor base automatically to 22 as I had from March. But I can’t update the database itself!

1) Installed the 344 driver.
2) I clicked to update the database but requires a file, as you know, in order to turn on the database it must be pulled out of the network! I did not do this, I updated the pedals. After the update, I was given a window that you have old drivers for the base, want to update ?! I chose to restart the base and, lo and behold, the steering wheel was calibrated myself. And I do not see the problem that was. I do not know what happened!
That's how the hour of forcible steering in RaceRoom Racing.
After that I installed the version 20 motor by attaching a file. And then again I updated the motor base automatically to 22 as I had from March. But I can’t update the database itself!
I told you that is something with drivers involved...
When you update the base, dont pres this for the needed file....it automaticaly choose you latest file, just press flash firmware if I remember correct what was the button....;)

when the first time it turned out that the steering wheel the same thing, after a week it recovered and worked But after another 2 weeks it broke down completely here It is not known what will happen next

when the first time it turned out that the steering wheel the same thing, after a week it recovered and worked But after another 2 weeks it broke down completely here It is not known what will happen next
Future is unknown, dont worry for it!:)

Guys, have more trust in fanatec and in us - the community to solve your problems! However the technology advanced so far that it is imposible to have flawess experience in any gaming segment without some problematic situations. The consoles users are easier to investigate is it faulty hardware or not, but on a PC there are tons of different situation that can be result of your system, USB ports etc..:) In general - Dont worry!

tell me what you need to turn so that the steering wheel does not storm like a pendulum when you release it. I look at the review of dd2 there is the same problem (

tell me what you need to turn so that the steering wheel does not storm like a pendulum when you release it. I look at the review of dd2 there is the same problem (
Give the DRI some negative values for example DRI-3...I am talking by memory - my base is in the box right now:) Basicaly DRI+ values if I remember correct give this crazy stuff and - ones make it more calm...just test.

Give the DRI some negative values for example DRI-3...I am talking by memory - my base is in the box right now:) Basicaly DRI+ values if I remember correct give this crazy stuff and - ones make it more calm...just test.
Could have something to do with other Wheel and/or In-Game settings too. Maybe WHEEL: "SPR" (Spring), or "GAME" Steering Sensitivity.....Though I can't remember for sure right now or if something else.
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4)...not your wheel of course but maybe some settings may be similar or shed some light. These are my current settings. I initially had the same issue with wheel tension but sorted it out with some adjustment there.

Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4 Settings_Wheel, Game, FFB etc
My current settings:

WHEEL (This stays same for all my racing sims)
SEN (Sensitivity) default: Auto
FF (Force Feedback): default 100
SHO (Shock): default 100
ABS: default: Off
DRI (Drift mode): Was “-02”: Now OFF
FOR (force): (default 100): 80
SPR (spring): (default 100): Was 030: Now 020
DPR (damper): default 100
FEI (force effect intensity): default 050
BRF (brake force): default 050 (Note: BRF only available with supported pedals. eg: Load cell kit brake. Not available with the “Standard CSL Elite” brake)

GAME (Project Cars 2)
….CONFIGURATION
Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 50
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 50
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 50
Speed Sensitivity: 0
Controller Damping: 100
Controller Vibration: 50 (Dimmed)…Probably only applies to DS controller not wheel)
Minimum Shift Time: 0
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Could have something to do with other Wheel and/or In-Game settings too. Maybe WHEEL: "SPR" (Spring), or "GAME" Steering Sensitivity.....Though I can't remember for sure right now or if something else.
I have a Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4)...not your wheel of course but maybe some settings may be similar or shed some light. These are my current settings. I initially had the same issue with wheel tension but sorted it out with some adjustment there.

Fanatec CSL Elite for PS4 Settings_Wheel, Game, FFB etc
My current settings:

WHEEL (This stays same for all my racing sims)
SEN (Sensitivity) default: Auto
FF (Force Feedback): default 100
SHO (Shock): default 100
ABS: default: Off
DRI (Drift mode): Was “-02”: Now OFF
FOR (force): (default 100): 80
SPR (spring): (default 100): Was 030: Now 020
DPR (damper): default 100
FEI (force effect intensity): default 050
BRF (brake force): default 050 (Note: BRF only available with supported pedals. eg: Load cell kit brake. Not available with the “Standard CSL Elite” brake)

GAME (Project Cars 2)
….CONFIGURATION
Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 50
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 50
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 50
Speed Sensitivity: 0
Controller Damping: 100
Controller Vibration: 50 (Dimmed)…Probably only applies to DS controller not wheel)
Minimum Shift Time: 0
RPM/Gear Display: Yes
Sure, just wanted to start from something simple, not to overwhelm him:) In general if some minor dead zone is added ingame will help too... alot of stuff can be tested and it is very different from game to game. Thats why Fanatec gave you 5 profiles to have for the wheel.

Hurray. I have achieved an excellent result, how is it even possible I don’t know! What makes a fanatic I can’t explain! in short, the firmware of the motor 18 makes the base quiet at 100% FEI and the steering wheel in straight sections should not exactly flop like a pendulum! The only difference is there is no drift mode in minus mode, but I never used it, I do not need it! Now I have a question, why make firmware such that it is not possible to use them on the basis of SCL

Hurray. I have achieved an excellent result, how is it even possible I don’t know! What makes a fanatic I can’t explain! in short, the firmware of the motor 18 makes the base quiet at 100% FEI and the steering wheel in straight sections should not exactly flop like a pendulum! The only difference is there is no drift mode in minus mode, but I never used it, I do not need it! Now I have a question, why make firmware such that it is not possible to use them on the basis of SCL
Happy you are happy! Please try to ask again with other words? Do you use google translate? I can understand russian here or private message!:)

Today, tech support responded to the letter. Who can explain to me what they want alone, write a video, what I get for the error. the second letter in just 15 minutes we are ready to make repairs.

I did not understand what you mean with the database must be pulled out of the network, may you please explain that? Maybe a video would eplain it? Do you mean the wheel base must be plugged off the pc? Don´t chose restart the base, you need to chose update, then connect, then flash firmware. Please send me a video that shows where you are stuck, then I can tell you what you need to do.
I think the developers just turned the FEI function upside down, meaning, now the higher the number, the harsher the FFB and the lower the number the softer the FFB.

Hello dear Customer,

thanks for your inquiry.

In this case i would like to initiate a repair RMA for you, and we will check this base in our workshop. After the third time we could also start about a replacement and or a upgrade to another base by paying the difference. You will get all further information in a separate email regarding your case.

I do apologize for this inconvenience and want to thank you in advance for the circumstances.

Last edited:
Today, tech support responded to the letter. Who can explain to me what they want alone, write a video, what I get for the error. the second letter in just 15 minutes we are ready to make repairs.

I did not understand what you mean with the database must be pulled out of the network, may you please explain that? Maybe a video would eplain it? Do you mean the wheel base must be plugged off the pc? Don´t chose restart the base, you need to chose update, then connect, then flash firmware. Please send me a video that shows where you are stuck, then I can tell you what you need to do.
I think the developers just turned the FEI function upside down, meaning, now the higher the number, the harsher the FFB and the lower the number the softer the FFB.

Hello dear Customer,

thanks for your inquiry.

In this case i would like to initiate a repair RMA for you, and we will check this base in our workshop. After the third time we could also start about a replacement and or a upgrade to another base by paying the difference. You will get all further information in a separate email regarding your case.

I do apologize for this inconvenience and want to thank you in advance for the circumstances.
Need to say here that if you send them base that is technicaly OK - you will pay all expenses and they will return it to you ...
So, if now is ok - dont bother to send it.

Latest Posts

Back