Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
Way, way too bright and in my face. And I just go off sound or the in-game dash to know when to shift anyways.
If you want them lights not so bright just put a piece of window tint over the lights, so then they will not be so bright and if the first layer of tint is still to bright, just put another layer of tint on top and the problem is solved

Anyone know how to disable to rev lights on the wheel base while using it on PS4? I've tried using FanaLeds but it seems like they only stay disabled for the duration of it being connected to my PC.
Wow fellas. Some interesting solutions being tossed around. . .
I couldn’t stand the rev lights like so many of you. Consider entering the tuning menu and leaving it on brake force (brf). Now the lights come on during braking and let you know how hard you’re pressing on the brake pedal. This helps you tune your brf and helps you monitor the turns where you need light pressure vs turns where you want max pressure. Enjoy. Sorry Dom, don’t mean to infringe on your market. Ha.

Hey guys.

I just got a CSL Elite F1, and I've dialled down some of the feedback etc on the wheel, shortened the rack for steering etc.

Two things strike me though.
Does the pedal feel get better when the rubber beds in and why such a difference on the kerbs/grass between wheel and controller.
From being able to use all the road on a controller to spinning once a race from touching a kerb is increasingly frustrating.

I have the basic CSL Elite pedal set (no LC). Can someone attempt to describe how the V3 brake pedal will feel better or lead to better lap times on GTSport?

I am interested in upgrading but only if I can see a lap time improvement. Looks, bling, clutch pedal do not interest me at all.

I have the basic CSL Elite pedal set (no LC). Can someone attempt to describe how the V3 brake pedal will feel better or lead to better lap times on GTSport?

I am interested in upgrading but only if I can see a lap time improvement. Looks, bling, clutch pedal do not interest me at all.
I had the basic CSL Elite PS4 set myself. The pedals started driving me crazy with them ****** potentiometers. I bought the V3 pedals some months ago and I can tell you it makes a significant difference in terms of feel and performance. Though I have GTsport I don't have time to play it focussing more on ACC, Pcars3 and Wreckfest and it works great with all so I don't see why it shouldn't with GTsport also. The V3 pedals made me appreciate racing more and has improved my racing. I highly recommend. Pretty much everyone speaks highly of it. If you get it you won't regret it. Money well spent.

I highly recommend the V3 pedals for GT Sports and I am faster using them and with the CSL Wheel, but I have never had the basic CSL Elite pedal set (no LC) sorry. This combination will lead you to have better lap times, but it all depends on your driving inputs and your braking, and also Trail Braking will improved your lap times as well if you using this technique.

Many thank to @davidt33 because he convinced me to buy the V3 pedals, and boy he was right :cheers:.

Hello guys,

Can anyone help me with this problem?
I have the CSL Elite, the base turns on but there is no lights working at all on the wheel itself. I can't even put the base into PS4 mode.

Found my problem, one of the pins from the wheel have snapped inside the motor, is there any way of getting it out and just ordering a new rim or will I have to send it away?

That will be frustrating as only had a few months and it's hardly been used, probably about 5 times in total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found my problem, one of the pins from the wheel have snapped inside the motor, is there any way of getting it out and just ordering a new rim or will I have to send it away?

That will be frustrating as only had a few months and it's hardly been used, probably about 5 times in total.
I believe your first step is to raise a support ticket on the Fanatec website. Paging @DomB_Fanatec for more assistance.

@Dynamic Please open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account. If the pin is sticking out, it may be possible to pull out with tweezers, but it is better to send the base in for inspection anyway, because the force that caused the pin to break may have also damaged the base-side connection, which could case problems with any new wheel that you use.

@Dynamic Please open a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account. If the pin is sticking out, it may be possible to pull out with tweezers, but it is better to send the base in for inspection anyway, because the force that caused the pin to break may have also damaged the base-side connection, which could case problems with any new wheel that you use.
The pin isn't sticking out, I could see the pin at first then when I took the base off the rig it fell inside the base.

I have done a support ticket, hopefully I have done it correctly.

Thank you

Last edited:
At 37:40... Has the flex been „fixed“ since the video came out?

I’d really like to go much more sturdy with my next setup! A step up from the T300RS I owned.

Last edited:
At 37:40... Has the flex been „fixed“ since the video came out?

I’d really like to go much more sturdy with my next setup! A step up from the T300RS I owned.

I have some chassis flex when it’s mounted to the playseat chassis but it’s nothing you notice in game. I have the F1 wheel version which has a quick release system.

Last edited:
I have some chassis flex when it’s mounted to the playseat chassis but it’s nothing you notice in game. I have the F1 wheel version which has a quick release system.
Thanks!
I had an eye on the F1 set but still think I should go regular wheel for versatile usage. Bundled with the LC paddles and mounted to the X-Dream I was in Hope for a rock solid experience. I don’t remember my old T300 doing that. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Actually the average human will more easily develop and relate to muscle memory from applying pressure than trying to apply a repeatable position without having that pressure reference as a measurement guide.

Hence why many people find the pressure related to the load cell braking easier to duplicate lap after lap than moving their ankle to the same exact position against no pressure as accurately over and over.

I upgraded to Fanatec gear including a load cell brake a couple of years ago from a g-29 and I could go back to using the the g-29 wheel if need be but I could not go back to the non load cell g-29 pedals.
For me anyway the load cell brake is one of the best upgrades period.
Actually you do not NEED to go to the v3 pedals and could just add the the load cell brake pedal to what you already have a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I need a bit of help.
I have used T300 for 4 or 5 years and decided go to Fanatec. Bought V3 inverted pedals and thinking about to buy a CSL for PS4 from local "dealer", but he don't have any rims and I need to buy one from Fanatec (maybe another in the future).
What rim would you suggest for CSL according to compatibility to use on PS4) and rim size/weight? Is it true CSL is not powerful enough to use with bigger rims?
Also I can't understand compatibility - what does it mean PS ready? Clubsport classic V2 has universal hub for Xbox, but in the description is written PS ready - will it work with CSL + on PS4 (will it have PS button)?
Another option - Classic podium. It will work on PS4 with Clubsport button cluster ant will have PS button (but DS4 is needed to navigate manu), right?
I would like Porsche 911 GT3, but button module isn't compatible with CSL :(.
Another rims, looks nice for me is Porsche 918 or BMW GT2, bur I read somewhere BMW rim is to heavy for CSL?

I rarely drive open wheel cars so F1 style rim isn.t the best choice for me ATM (maybe latter I will buy one).

Another option is to buy Drivehub and keep using T300, but this option is less atractive for me.

So guys please help, I get lost within so many rims and information.

Last edited:
I have used T300 for 4 or 5 years and decided go to Fanatec. Bought V3 inverted pedals and thinking about to buy a CSL for PS4 from local "dealer", but he don't have any rims and I need to buy one from Fanatec (maybe another in the future).
What rim would you suggest for CSL according to compatibility to use on PS4) and rim size/weight? Is it true CSL is not powerful enough to use with bigger rims?
Also I can't understand compatibility - what does it mean PS ready? Clubsport classic V2 has universal hub for Xbox, but in the description is written PS ready - will it work with CSL + on PS4 (will it have PS button)?
Another option - Classic podium. It will work on PS4 with Clubsport button cluster ant will have PS button (but DS4 is needed to navigate manu), right?
Another rims, looks nice for me is Porsche 918 or BMW GT2, bur I read somewhere BMW rim is to heavy for CSL?

D5ECF774-3C8C-48F4-B328-2720F6326308.jpeg

I rarely drive open wheel cars so F1 style rim isn.t the best choice for me ATM (maybe latter I will buy one).

Another option is to buy Drivehub and keep using T300, but this option is less atractive for me.

I have a CSL Elite PS4 I originally bought as a bundle (came with the standard 2-pedal potentiometer pedals). The potentiometer pedals gave me real frustration always needing the potentiometers to clean or replace. I replaced them with the V3 pedals (not inverted though). Best investment ever....amazing frigging pedals and don't need cleaning, plus very long life.
When I needed to replace the CSL Elite PS4 wheel/rim I bought the BMW GT2 wheel (which I currently still use)...Great wheel....wider rim...heavier duty. This is to say the BMW GT2 wheel does work good with the CSL Elite's base. Might lose a little bit of FFB though but it feels quite durable.

About the "PS Ready" description you see it simply means it's PS compatible so no cause to worry. The base so long as it's PS compatible (eg: for PS4/5) is what's mainly responsible for respective compatibility.

As for the buttons icons, you will need to purchase a button sticker set. That will have the respective sticker icons for Playstation (X, O, triangle etc). You will see the button sticker set available as a separate purchase. It's cheap. Should see it on the same page at the bottom of the item. You will refer to brochure that comes with the wheel to know where to put the respective PS stickers for the respective button caps/stickers.

As far as compatibility for the Playstation 4 and 5 the compatibility is within the wheelbase itself so if you buy a CSL + that is what determines the the PS capability. For Xbox compatibility the chip is within the wheel so a system using a PS compatible base plus an X box compatible rim will work on a Playstation, Xbox or a PC.
This is one thing great about the Fanatec eco system as it is the only brand that has a plug n play capability across all three platforms without the use of adapters.

As far as wheels in a round wheel I think the BMW will be fine, the extra weight may affect the amount of FFB a bit but should not be problematic for the CSL wheelbase. But honestly before I bought it I would spend the Extra $100 and get the Clubsport Classic 2 and have the option to change rims on the hub in the future.
If you want a round rim and are concerned about weight it looks like either the WRC as a cheaper option or either the Clubsport Steering wheel classic 2 as a bit higher priced option would be good choices, The Clubsport Classic 2 does have many more buttons which should open up its usability for mapping functions more if the extra $200 is not an issue.
I will say this is I bought the Fanatec bundle which included the Round PS4 wheel ( which it and the Xbox version both appear as not available and sold out) and then also bought the McLaren GT3 wheel and unless I am going to play a rally or drifting type of game I find the McLaren wheel to always be my wheel of choice. The GT3 wheel is a bit larger than the Formula rims so for me is more comfortable to use overall. Also the GT3 wheel is close enough to Formula rim styling to work well in that application as well.
In my opinion the McLaren GT3 wheel is by far the absolute best value buy in Fanatec's wheel lineup by far.
Good luck into your upgrade foray, sometimes the options can be overwhelming!

I have a CSL Elite PS4 I originally bought as a bundle (came with the standard 2-pedal potentiometer pedals). The potentiometer pedals gave me real frustration always needing the potentiometers to clean or replace. I replaced them with the V3 pedals (not inverted though). Best investment ever....amazing frigging pedals and don't need cleaning, plus very long life.
When I needed to replace the CSL Elite PS4 wheel/rim I bought the BMW GT2 wheel (which I currently still use)...Great wheel....wider rim...heavier duty. This is to say the BMW GT2 wheel does work good with the CSL Elite's base. Might lose a little bit of FFB though but it feels quite durable.

About the "PS Ready" description you see it simply means it's PS compatible so no cause to worry. The base so long as it's PS compatible (eg: for PS4/5) is what's mainly responsible for respective compatibility.

As for the buttons icons, you will need to purchase a button sticker set. That will have the respective sticker icons for Playstation (X, O, triangle etc). You will see the button sticker set available as a separate purchase. It's cheap. Should see it on the same page at the bottom of the item. You will refer to brochure that comes with the wheel to know where to put the respective PS stickers for the respective button caps/stickers.

Interesting to know. The F1 wheel can be frustrating in Gr3 sometimes.

Anyone know how to stop the wheel “tucking” when you’re close to a slide mid corner. Often pulls me into barriers on a corner like the Corkscrew during a left/right transition

Last edited:
Interesting to know. The F1 wheel can be frustrating in Gr3 sometimes.

Anyone know how to stop the wheel “tucking” when you’re close to a slide mid corner. Often pulls me into barriers on a corner like the Corkscrew during a left/right transition
My guess will be if it is the wheel causing the problem for you the only thing it could really be is how narrow the wheel is at only 270mm which places your hands closer to the steering shaft and amplifies the amount of movement registered as compared to using a larger wheel that your point of contact and rotation will be further from the steering shaft hence registering less movement on the steering with the same amount of hand rotation.
Unless the game you are playing allows you to change the degree of wheel rotation to change the amount of steering for the amount of hand rotation then the only other way to compensate would really be to use a larger diameter rim.

My guess will be if it is the wheel causing the problem for you the only thing it could really be is how narrow the wheel is at only 270mm which places your hands closer to the steering shaft and amplifies the amount of movement registered as compared to using a larger wheel that your point of contact and rotation will be further from the steering shaft hence registering less movement on the steering with the same amount of hand rotation.
Unless the game you are playing allows you to change the degree of wheel rotation to change the amount of steering for the amount of hand rotation then the only other way to compensate would really be to use a larger diameter rim.

I do like the look of that BMW GT2 wheel

I do like the look of that BMW GT2 wheel
The one I like is the Podium Steering Wheel Porsche 911 GT3 R Leath
Only currently it is not compatible with the CSL wheelbase and the price is another stumbling block but the wheel with its upgraded shifters and premium podium bits and pieces check all the boxes for me as an end game product in a round wheel application.

I would really like to upgrade to a DD1 Playstation Compatible wheelbase but the only offering period at this time is with the Formula wheel which I do not want at all.
If Fanatec could make the PS compatible DD1 wheelbase available in a package that included the Podium Porsche Wheel at about the same price point as the package with the Formula wheel I could probably talk myself into pulling the trigger on that combo.

But any way you look at it over $1900 (after you include tax and shipping) is a lot of money to spend on a wheel and wheelbase to race pretend cars on a pretend track in a video game. LOL!

Last edited:
The CSL elite PS4 kit is gone from the European and US websites. I visit there every day for a couple of weeks now and the entries are gone. Is this an indication of the new line up replacing the Elite kit? :confused: :eek:

“UNFORTUNATELY, THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE”

https://fanatec.com/us-en/bundles/c...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
Odd, because I can find the PS4 F1 bundle, and when I did a search for the base from your link I got...

Untitled.png

This is on the US site (I think): https://fanatec.com/us-en/bundles/c...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited:
Back